• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will be the best rookie?

• LiAngelo Ball

Votes: 63 11.1%
  • Ben Simmons

Votes: 215 37.8%
  • Cade Cunningham

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Jalen Green

Votes: 51 9.0%
  • Evan Mobley

Votes: 71 12.5%
  • Jalen Suggs

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Scottie Barnes

Votes: 104 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome blurb from Lowe's column today on Grant Williams and just how far he's come. It's hard to design a better role player than a younger, more athletic PJ Tucker with much better ball skills.

The goal of switching is to force teams into attacking one-on-one; only Al Horford has defended more isolations than Williams, per Second Spectrum. Teams average a measly 0.684 points when an isolation against Williams leads to a shot or turnover -- 10th lowest among 256 players who have guarded at least 50 isolations. Attack him at your peril

I always thought there was a lot more to unlock with Grant's ball handling and passing and we're starting to see it.

Williams is shooting 75% at the rim -- by far the best mark of his career. Boston has scored 1.155 points per possession when Williams shoots out of a drive, or dishes to a teammate who launches -- 24th among 296 players with at least 50 drives, per Second Spectrum.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
BQH809K.png
Kkifjw4.png
excellent work, couldn't have done it better myself

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Clippers got dealt such a bad hand this season with injuries.

It's been great to see how well the team is hanging in there with our 2 best players out.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm sure this is all very difficult for Russ. I'm sure that not in his worst nightmares could his return home to LA have gone this sideways on him.

I imagine he had designs on joining the Pantheon of Lakers legends. Instead, it's almost certain at this point that he will go out like...man, I can't even think of a Lakers player who flamed out this hard in the history of the organization. Even the masses who thought he would be a poor fit didn't imagine this.
Nah. I didn't expect it but I definitely imagined this might happen. Russ is way overvalued as a player in the media due to TRIPLE DOUBLE.

Empty Your Head

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 1, 2022
Clippers got dealt such a bad hand this season with injuries.

It's been great to see how well the team is hanging in there with our 2 best players out.

That's what happens when you have one of the best coaches in the league and arguably the best coach at making adjustments.

Plus the rest of the players are pretty damn good. I know it's fun to clown on The Clippers but they're a good team even without PG and The Claw.

Kudos to the Clippers.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
So all of the speculation that Harden wasn't interested in being the only superstar on the court for half a season was a true.

And yes, the Nets have struggled against the Raps, would be stupid to handicap yourself against a younger more athletic team.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They keep setting BK fans up with hope

Should've joined the Pistons, they never lose to us.

In all seriousness, the last game against Brooklyn was too close for comfort for the Nets (if we made our free throws, the game wouldn't even go into overtime) so I get why Harden wouldn't want to face us in the first round, especially with Durant being out until very recently. It'd be a long series either way.

Still don't see them beating the Heat though.
When will Kidd enter the CotY discussion?
When will Ziare Williams enter the ROTY discussion?

Nov 27, 2017
California
Grayson Allen gonna get rocked tonight
Lol Thompson don't care

Ime winning coach of the year if the Celtics finish as the first or second seed in the east 👀

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
They keep setting BK fans up with hope

Whole thing is beyond stupid at this point. Irving should've gotten the vax to begin with but NY is definitely pulling bullshit because they just fired a massive amount of city employees for violating the mandate so they have to wait awhile before they walk it back. Adams has already said he doesn't want it anymore.

I am very glad my son doesn't have to wear a mask to school on Monday, however.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017

"I'm just looking for a LeBron hater." 👀

this was a great watch, thanks

donald glover looks like that 52 year old black uncle that quit menthol cigarettes and alcohol three months ago and just recently got into yoga

he was rockin' those "every black dad or uncle open toe sandals", all that was missing was a bluetooth mic and a kangol hat

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
I admit, I watch with a delay (at least 45 mins or so) so I can DVR through the fouls & free throws, but it has otherwise def been entertaining!

Some stuff that might be of interest to you guys:

That account is using their own variation on Game Score (see the thread outlining their metric below):

Will be interesting to see how long the 76ers can keep this up!

Note, obviously there are huge limitations on what you can derive from box scores alone, but it's still kinda neat what you can do with statmuse. Anyone know of other free tools that are similar? The stuff at BBall Index looks pretty neat for example, but looks like you have to pay for most of that.

Maybe interesting for longtime followers of the Lakers: https://twitter.com/The_BBall_Index/status/1499550193036922883
The stat nerd in me enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Big 3 has no meaning anymore. Back in my day all 3 guys had to be on Hall of Fame trajectories for the phrase to even be uttered.

I'm gonna go yell at some clouds.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How great would it be if both Los Angeles teams get in through the play-in and start the playoff completely healthy? And then the Lakers still geting wiped out by Phoenix.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Whole thing is beyond stupid at this point. Irving should've gotten the vax to begin with but NY is definitely pulling bullshit because they just fired a massive amount of city employees for violating the mandate so they have to wait awhile before they walk it back. Adams has already said he doesn't want it anymore.

I am very glad my son doesn't have to wear a mask to school on Monday, however.

What's wrong with masks?

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Multiple players on the same team playing well against the Knicks twice in a row is unprecedented in NBA history.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If the Cavs lose and the Raptors win...that 6th seed might not be out of reach after all.

Still don't think we're getting past the second round, if not, first, but it'll be nice to be out of the play-in.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
These Pistons are different. Amazing how things look better when shots go in, or at least better than league worst. 🤔

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I don't even know who I want to lose more, but I'm very happy with The Cavs right now.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Got it. I'd rather play it safe for a bit longer but that's fair.

Understood. We are a family that played it MEGA safe with Covid. We wore masks everywhere. I'm boosted. My wife is boosted. My son is vaxxed. We lived through the first wave when it hit NYC and it was like WW4 happened here. It was ambulance sirens 24/7. But something happened in the last few weeks, for us, atleast, where we just said "Okay. We've done everything we're supposed to do. They're saying it's safe to take off the masks in school, let's GO."

Conversely, we visited FLA recently to see my parents and it's almost like Covid never happened. No one wearing masks. Everyone just OVER IT.

I want NYC to get to that point again but we got hit the hardest at first so it's going to take a long time for it to fully sink in. But that being said, we were out in the hood just now and every restaurant is packed and no one wearing masks so maybe we're at that turning point.

Status
Not open for further replies.