• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who will be the best rookie?

• LiAngelo Ball

Votes: 63 11.1%
  • Ben Simmons

Votes: 215 37.8%
  • Cade Cunningham

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Jalen Green

Votes: 51 9.0%
  • Evan Mobley

Votes: 71 12.5%
  • Jalen Suggs

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Scottie Barnes

Votes: 104 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Gobert's probably the most shitted on center in the league and it really isn't fair imo. A lot of teams would cream their jeans to have him.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
I can believe anyone sincerely thought Harden wasn't going to massively elevate the 76ers.

ANY Point Guard who can shoot the ball and get 10 assists a night would gigaboost this team, which is why they were begging and pleading with Ben to work out whatever was keeping him from shooting.

If Simmons had a consistent 15 foot jumper, the 76ers beat the Raptors and chip the year The Infinity Gauntlet broke. What a shame.

Simmons is a PF and has always been a PF. Playing him at PG was as stupid as when the bucks played Giannis there under kidd. Its always been dumb. The Sixers could have played any other player there and been fine. Traded any real assets for a real PG and never did. Their BS is on them

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
LAC doesn't even look for Kennard half the time, he had to mosey on over to get it. LAL wasn't even trying to track him

weird.

PHI did the same with seth curry at times. He'd be like 5/6 from 3 but not looking to get him a shot. no player should end a game 5/6 from 3.

not saying to force them the ball, but if it's open
--
Nothing just fun and games lol. Embiid deserves to win imo so not hate. Sucks Harden had to join his team so now I'll start disliking the team :/
oh okay

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Simmons is a PF and has always been a PF. Playing him at PG was as stupid as when the bucks played Giannis there under kidd. Its always been dumb. The Sixers could have played any other player there and been fine. Traded any real assets for a real PG and never did. Their BS is on them
Calling Ben anything but a PG is reductive when he literally will only start at the PG position, and the entire basketball world acknowledges him as such.

You think he will let any team move him to PF?

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Calling Ben anything but a PG is reductive when he literally will only start at the PG position, and the entire basketball world acknowledges him as such.

You think he will let any team move him to PF?

I don't know but i'm a believer that your position is more about where you defend not what you do with the ball.

He's going to play C for the Nets.

Most people i have seen online seem to agree that ben's best fit is in a Draymond green type point forward distributor role. He gets the ball from a guard in motion attacking the rim surrounded by shooters. Good luck stopping that

edit: If Ben really needs to be a "PG" just have Kyrie play SG, Seth play SF, KD play PF and some 6'6 wing play C

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
THT going NUTS LMAO

I don't know but i'm a believer that your position is more about where you defend not what you do with the ball.

He's going to play C for the Nets.

Most people i have seen online seem to agree that ben's best fit is in a Draymond green type point forward distributor role. He gets the ball from a guard in motion attacking the rim surrounded by shooters. Good luck stopping that
Stop it. I'm fouling man. Checkmate.

beat

Oct 28, 2017
Only reason he didn't have landing space is because he kicked his legs out by multiple feet. It's 100% a bullshit call, and one that the league claimed they specifically were going to focus on this year.
Yeah, you're right. I missed that.

Serves me right for thinking even once that Beardie Madoff wasn't scamming.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
THT going NUTS LMAO

Stop it. I'm fouling man. Checkmate.

So your going to put a team With KD a 90% FT shooter into the bonus early when he's automatic genetating fouls with his rip through?

Can't foul off the ball. Put Ben in the Dunker spot and Run the PNR between KD and another Big as spaced by Seth and Kyrie.

How do you stop that group generating 150+ ppp?

Oct 26, 2017
So your going to put a team With KD a 90% FT shooter into the bonus early when he's automatic genetating fouls with his rip through?

Can't foul off the ball. Put Ben in the Dunker spot and Run the PNR between KD and another Big as spaced by Seth and Kyrie.

Durant is the actual 5 on the team as Simmons can't block shots so the Nets' entire gameplan is "hope 34 year old Kevin Durant with his billion injuries can play 44 MPG in the postseason as an undersized center"

Kyrie also obviously will also not stay healthy for more than a few postseason games.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Durant is the actual 5 on the team as Simmons can't block shots so the Nets' entire gameplan is "hope 34 year old Kevin Durant with his billion injuries can play 44 MPG in the postseason as an undersized center"

Kyrie also obviously will also not stay healthy for more than a few postseason games.

Why would you do that when you have Claxton, LMA, Griffin ect. Just play KD as a tweener combo forward who shoots 3s and takes over when in the bonus.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space

We go through this Ben Simmons strategy talk every year, and then he is almost literally unplayable in late game scenarios.

How quickly we forget that teams were fouling Ben even when they had the 76ers down in points.

You end up with a guy on the court who can even touch the ball.

Prototype-03

Oct 25, 2017
What is the criteria for the challenge? Shouldn't challenge be if clippers was out of bounds? I've never seen it the call prior before.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
hurry the eff up

just keep the call if you can't choose.

this is ridiculous. if I was a fan of either team I'd be annoyed

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I had the same initial reaction as Lebron
I thought you couldn't challenge a "no call"?

or is that only football.

now a timeout after all that?
They shoulda kept the call on the floor if they didn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.