• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will be the best rookie?

• LiAngelo Ball

Votes: 63 11.1%
  • Ben Simmons

Votes: 215 37.8%
  • Cade Cunningham

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Jalen Green

Votes: 51 9.0%
  • Evan Mobley

Votes: 71 12.5%
  • Jalen Suggs

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Scottie Barnes

Votes: 104 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Tough 3 to make. Maybe Eric Flynn was right about Nick Nursery...

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
This Warriors team is not playing well at all. Too many guys looking for their own shot without trying to pass, too many 3's being jacked up, and too many guys that have been extremely iffy on defense. It really sucks that Kuminga is in there playing his ass off but won't even touch the ball on the offensive end for 3-4 minutes at a time.
Not worried about it. Prior to last night they've won 9 in a row. Draymond should be back after the Allstar break so the defense and communication will be much better. Offensively Klay is jacking shots but it's okay for now. He's been shooting 45 percent from 3 in the last 6 games

Stop Questioning Mental Health Moving Forward

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Official Staff Communication
I'll be straight up, as the designated NBA mod I'm down to let conversations happen, but this questioning mental illness stuff is crossing the line and it's about to get spooky in here.

If you are showing your ass on how uneducated you are when it comes to mental health, I'm pretty much not giving any more passes beyond this post right here. Just fall back and talk basketball from now on or continue on and find out what breaking the site's TOS means. Enough is enough.

I can't believe we're even having this "I call bullshit" level discussion with a guy who literally has never been able to shoot jump shots in public.

Last edited:

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Not worried about it. Prior to last night they've won 9 in a row. Draymond should be back after the Allstar break so the defense and communication will be much better. Offensively Klay is jacking shots but it's okay for now. He's been shooting 45 percent from 3 in the last 6 games
Yeah, it's not who's shooting that I'm worried about, it's that there's very little ball movement before a shot goes up and it's leading to a couple guys not touching the ball for long stretches. Kerr has talked before about how their ball movement keeps guys engaged, but they're not doing that.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Even without theis. They whopped that ass. The raptors team has no center other than Precious so it's going to be 7 games unless a major Boston player gets injured .
If your centers are a washed up Al Horford and a 29 year-old Theis who was coming off the bench on the Rockets (and put up worse stats than Precious when he did get played), I don't think there's much room to say Danny moves the needle in his current age and with his current performance.

Boot Butt is a cool 5, i'll give the Celtics that, but he's a void on offense. I'd say of the four 5s mentioned, he's the best of them, the most complete player at the moment.

Aug 7, 2020
If your centers are a washed up Al Horford and a 29 year-old Theis who was coming off the bench on the Rockets (and put up worse stats than Precious when he did get played), I don't think there's much room to say Danny moves the needle in his current age and with his current performance.

Boot Butt is a cool 5, i'll give the Celtics that, but he's a void on offense. I'd say of the four 5s mentioned, he's the best of them, the most complete player at the moment.

True that's what I expect from the raptors in the playoffs this year .In addition , I believe the Toronto Raptors can beat both the Miami Heat and Philadelphia Sixers in a seven game series .

Last edited:

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
True that's why I expect the raptors to make it to the second round . However , if they face the heat in the second round it maybe a blowout or a close series . I just don't see Miami sweeping the raptors .
Likewise, the Heat are just a much deeper team at the moment. If I had to choose who makes it out of the East this year, it's between them and the Bucks barring an/multiple injuries; we saw undrafted Yurtseven look like a defensive stalwart. That's depth.

I read ahead in the manga and spoilers: He's going to continue to be an anti-vaxxer shithead.

I hope the Nets lose early solely for tolerating his bullshit. Harden was right to push back when it seemed like no one else would.

Oct 30, 2017
I hope the Nets lose early solely for tolerating his bullshit. Harden was right to push back when it seemed like no one else would.

yeah i wouldn't want to be on kyrie's team either. bad look for harden to do this twice in two years but it was pretty understandable this time

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Nancy_Pelosi_and_Eric_Adams_at_the_Speaker%27s_Balcony_%28cropped%29.jpg

This man controls the Nets' championship aspirations

A veiny alpha bald

Oct 27, 2017
Looking back at that Nets - Rockets James Harden deal. That might be this decades Nets- Celtics ripoff trade.

James Harden was acquired by the Brooklyn Nets from the Houston Rockets in exchange for Jarrett Allen, Rodions Kurucs, Caris LeVert, Taurean Prince, the draft rights to Sasha Vezenkov, a Swap 2021 1st round picks, a 2022 1st round pick (BRK own), a Swap 2023 1st round picks, a 2024 1st round pick (BRK own), a Swap 2025 1st round picks, a 2026 1st round pick (BRK own), a Swap 2027 1st round picks and cash.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
Official Staff Communication
I'll be straight up, as the designated NBA mod I'm down to let conversations happen, but this questioning mental illness stuff is crossing the line and it's about to get spooky in here.

If you are showing your ass on how uneducated you are when it comes to mental health, I'm pretty much not giving any more passes beyond this post right here. Just fall back and talk basketball from now on or continue on and find out what breaking the site's TOS means. Enough is enough.

I can't believe we're even having this "I call bullshit" level discussion with a guy who literally has never been able to shoot jump shots in public.
Just saw this. I hear you. My posts in the Harden thread sucked. Part bias, part uneducated. My bad man

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Remind me why people favor the Warriors over the Suns when Green might not be back for the playoffs?

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Just seen all the trade news. I'm glad I don't have to hear about Simmons trades anymore. I think the Nets won that trade though.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Remind me why people favor the Warriors over the Suns when Green might not be back for the playoffs?

People have been overestimating the Warriors and underestimating the Suns all season. People keep reaching back to that 2015 Warriors shine rather then acknowledging the Warriors aren't the same powerhouse they once was. And there is no one hungrier in the league right now then CP3.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
The warriors had a very strong start, Curry was playing lights out and that was with Klay and their overhyped rookies being out. Now they fallen back to earth a little bit, but their 2nd best player has been out since early January

Oct 30, 2017
how is the audio on TNT games STILL so terrible. out of sync sound, terrible crowd mixing, muffled commentary... i swear it wasn't this bad pre-pandemic? or did they always employ christopher nolan on their broadcast crew?

Oct 8, 2019
Looking back at that Nets - Rockets James Harden deal. That might be this decades Nets- Celtics ripoff trade.

James Harden was acquired by the Brooklyn Nets from the Houston Rockets in exchange for Jarrett Allen, Rodions Kurucs, Caris LeVert, Taurean Prince, the draft rights to Sasha Vezenkov, a Swap 2021 1st round picks, a 2022 1st round pick (BRK own), a Swap 2023 1st round picks, a 2024 1st round pick (BRK own), a Swap 2025 1st round picks, a 2026 1st round pick (BRK own), a Swap 2027 1st round picks and cash.

Which is amazing when you remember that the main benefactor of that trade was a third team that swooped in and picked some of the best players for very little. Its just incredible that teams learned nothing from the way the Golden State Warriors built their team and now trade draft assets for very little.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The warriors had a very strong start, Curry was playing lights out and that was with Klay and their overhyped rookies being out. Now they fallen back to earth a little bit, but their 2nd best player has been out since early January
But Klay just got back!

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
Fallen back to Earth a little bit by winning 9 out of their last 10 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.