• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OG seems pretty inconsistent but he was fun at the end there.

OG taking up the Siakam slot now that Siakam is occupying the Kawhi slot has been a major downgrade. TD2 and Norm have completely replaced Green at guard, but the SF spot has gotten a little thin. If Siakam can play heavy minutes and OG/Boucher can just be energy guys, the Raps should have a nice run, depending on injuries.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV

Beauty

kyle-kuzma-lebron-james

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I thought that Kuz shit would be like a paragraph or two.. Hard pass on even getting 1/4 way through..

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
I mean the expectations are never going to be zero when you make 30 million a year.

Sunk cost. All real NBA fans know he's not worth 30M a year. He won't live up to that contract which he didn't really deserve at the time he got it.

The question now is can he do positive things that help a team win. Golden state would settle for an efficient 12-15ppg and occasional helpside defence

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Sunk cost. All real NBA fans know he's not worth 30M a year. He won't live up to that contract which he didn't really deserve at the time he got it.

The question now is can he do positive things that help a team win. Golden state would settle for an efficient 12-15ppg and occasional helpside defence
He can probably be better than Barnes was if he buys in.

But they are going to miss Iggy in the playoffs.

If Klay, Curry and Green and healthy and still good then next year the Warriors will be a tough out.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If Curry is great instead of good in the playoffs, they have as good a chance as anyone. I just don't think it will happen. I'm guessing he'll average 27 or something.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Anyone know where I can go to find a high quality pic of the LeBron Dunk from a couple nights ago? I''d like to have it as a desktop wallpaper.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
He can probably be better than Barnes was if he buys in.

But they are going to miss Iggy in the playoffs.

If Klay, Curry and Green and healthy and still good then next year the Warriors will be a tough out.

I mean Iggy isn't Iggy anymore anyway. If everything goes well, Golden State will be adding a Top 3 pick (Edwards or Wiseman) to their Group. (can't imagine they want LaMelo)

And another top 10 pick from Minnesota the year after.

Personally I'm not sold on them. The way to beat them was to play 5 out (have a C who shoots 3s) and have a fast PG who can take advantage of Curry and enough length to force turnovers.

Curry as a defensive weakness isn't going anywhere and you can't really cover for him

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
The biggest thing they're gonna need is dribble penetration. Curry was never elite at it and his athleticism has waned in the last couple of years substantially. The best thing he can do is put his head down and make an easy pass an x number of times a game because no one else on the team will. Get free throws, sag the defense some, take advantage of a mismatch on an iso when the play isn't working, all that good stuff. He's overpayed for a third option obviously, but the analytics bois are out here nominating him for worst contract in the league. Unless they know something about his character I don't, I don't see how that's warranted right now.

I'm not worried about defense, guys who are as athletic as him will at least hold their own when they try. On national tv, games that matter, in the playoffs especially, he's gonna try.

What was Russel going to do next year for them, honestly? He was more tradeable than Wiggins, fine. How much more tradeable? I'm gonna give the Warriors' front office the benefit of the doubt and say they weren't gonna get a whole lot more out of it. I suppose the real question is if it was worth trying up all this money in Russel in the first place. That's a different argument.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know where I can go to find a high quality pic of the LeBron Dunk from a couple nights ago? I''d like to have it as a desktop wallpaper.

Best I can do

EQJ2MdRU8AEN6-t

Getty Images

Getty Images. Find high resolution royalty-free images, editorial stock photos, vector art, video footage clips and stock music licensing at the richest image search photo library online.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
The biggest thing they're gonna need is dribble penetration. Curry was never elite at it and his athleticism has waned in the last couple of years substantially. The best thing he can do is put his head down and make an easy pass an x number of times a game because no one else on the team will. Get free throws, sag the defense some, take advantage of a mismatch on an iso when the play isn't working, all that good stuff. He's overpayed for a third option obviously, but the analytics bois are out here nominating him for worst contract in the league. Unless they know something about his character I don't, I don't see how that's warranted right now.

I'm not worried about defense, guys who are as athletic as him will at least hold their own when they try. On national tv, games that matter, in the playoffs especially, he's gonna try.

What was Russel going to do next year for them, honestly? He was more tradeable than Wiggins, fine. How much more tradeable? I'm gonna give the Warriors' front office the benefit of the doubt and say they weren't gonna get a whole lot more out of it. I suppose the real question is if it was worth trying up all this money in Russel in the first place. That's a different argument.

It was definitely worth tying up the money because you need tradeable contracts if you are going to try and make moves while over the cap.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Good win by the Celtics. Got all they could handle. Once Tatum decided to not be putrid at the rim he's really taken off. They almost had an epic collapse playing liked morons for over a minute straight. They turned the ball over missed FT and ran no clock on every possession smh

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Good win by the Celtics. Got all they could handle. Once Tatum decided to not be putrid at the rim he's really taken off. They almost had an epic collapse playing liked morons for over a minute straight. They turned the ball over missed FT and ran no clock on every possession smh
Recently he's been nuts. The surprising thing this year for me is his defense. Ainge took a ton of shit for not trading the Jays and it's starting to pay off. Both have been great so far, and when they are both on the Celtics are tough to beat.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
Heads up on the Rockets game, Perk will be joining Scal and Mike for the play calling. Should be a fun game. The last game with Perk and Scal was a blast.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
There goes that pipe dream. They really should have tried to move Kuzma, is there anyone left out there? Mike Bibby, Starbury?

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Imagine telling everyone that you want to play basketball again, literally showing up to a game, and then deciding Nevermind I actually don't want any of this.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Maybe he wanted to come back but then he actually tried to cross someone over. "Welp, timing isn't right."

Status
Not open for further replies.