• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
No-Drummond Pistons tonight, then Yes, Drummond Cavs Sunday to watch dudes just fighting over rebounds. Hope Cleveland likes point centers turning the ball over.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
You always request half court games at the YMCA, sit down.
You win in the half court in the playoffs friend.

Thats money ball time.

Any young buck can sprint down the floor and throw up some garbage at the rim in transition. But the real champs know how to get it done when the game slows done.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm more confident in the Lakers winning games when it's just LeBron + shooters compared to when they run their dumb post up offense where Anthony Davis shoots 25 10 foot shots a game. I hope the Lakers can figure that out because they're the best team in the league when they actually run a competent offense.

Oct 26, 2017
The Sixers are 9-19 on the road? Y I k e s

Sixers should never have been taken seriously. At ALL.

-Simmons refuses to shoot = awkward spacing. Don't tell me about none of that "give Simmons what Giannis has." Giannis has improved annually. Simmons has not. He's been the same player he was in 2017.

-Terrible team fit. Elton Brand has thrown together a mixture of players that make no sense for what Brown has to work with. Tobias Harris can't do shit because he has crap spacing compared to Clipper times.

And there's always some dumb drama that demoralizes them.

Last edited:

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more confident in the Lakers winning games when it's just LeBron + shooters compared to when they run their dumb post up offense where Anthony Davis shoots 25 10 foot shots a game. I hope the Lakers can figure that out because they're the best team in the league when they actually run a competent offense.
You just run AD/Bron pick and rolls every other possession and have AD play center with a shooter playing the forward position. That will be very tough for most teams to defend.

Also put Rondo in a canon and send him back to Boston.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I also hope
You just run AD/Bron pick and rolls every other possession and have AD play center with a shooter playing the forward position. That will be very tough for most teams to defend.

Also put Rondo in a canon and send him back to Boston.

The problem is AD gets hacked literally every play and the refs can't call every single foul so half of the times he's missing at the rim.

Their LeBron/AD/Kuzma lineup is awesome but it's played less than 200 minutes. AD needs to commit to playing the 5 because if he's going to commit to playing the 4 the Lakers will always be slightly hampered on offense due to their lack of shooting

Oct 26, 2017
It's about time people stop singing Ben Simmons praise and wonder what the fuck he's even doing by refusing to grow his game. If this was any other player (Lebron especially got shit on in 2011, when he disappeared vs. the Mavs, and didn't play up to his level), we'd crap on him.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
It's about time people stop singing Ben Simmons praise and wonder what the fuck he's even doing by refusing to grow his game. If this was any other player (Lebron especially got shit on in 2011, when he disappeared vs. the Mavs, and didn't play up to his level), we'd crap on him.
To be fair, who the hell is singing Simmons praises in the last 3 months?

I feel like Embiid and Simmons are either not discussed or are getting slammed whenever I hear people talk about them.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Possibly, I don't think Klay would miss the wide open 3 that Curry bricked to tie or lead(forgot) and extend the series to 7 games.
Klay has been ridiculously clutch after their first finals run (where he was not).

Durant and Curry can get tight with the burden at the end of games but Klay just throws fucking daggers in the biggest situations.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

lol did you see shaq and charles yesterday

they fucking tore the 76ers apart

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Possibly, I don't think Klay would miss the wide open 3 that Curry bricked to tie or lead(forgot) and extend the series to 7 games.
Wasn't even just that last three. With both Klay and KD out they just didn't have the spacing or the scoring they usually do. If either one are out then I think they're fine. But both? Damn that's some seriously shit luck.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Sixers should never have been taken seriously. At ALL.

-Simmons refuses to shoot = awkward spacing. Don't tell me about none of that "give Simmons what Giannis has." Giannis has improved annually. Simmons has not. He's been the same player he was in 2017.

-Terrible team fit. Elton Brand has thrown together a mixture of players that make no sense for what Brown has to work with. Tobias Harris can't do shit because he has crap spacing compared to Clipper times.

And there's always some dumb drama that demoralizes them.
How many did Embiid miss of those away games?

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair, who the hell is singing Simmons praises in the last 3 months?

I feel like Embiid and Simmons are either not discussed or are getting slammed whenever I hear people talk about them.

well every time that theblame should be directed towards him, it instead, gets directed towards other people (Embiid, Brown, etc) like he can do no wrong.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who gets traded first Embiid or Simmons

the trade embiid over Simmons takes are becoming saner by the day but they'll probably fire brett brown first and give it another go with another coach and then trade Simmons because they can't stomach trading the face of the process meanwhile embiid's health will only decline and he'll flame out every post season he's not injured

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

SAY THAT AGAIN TO MY FACE LEBRON

Hag8ept.gif

Oct 26, 2017
the trade embiid over Simmons takes are becoming saner by the day but they'll probably fire brett brown first and give it another go with another coach and then trade Simmons because they can't stomach trading the face of the process meanwhile embiid's health will only decline and he'll flame out every post season he's not injured

Trading Embiid doesn't fix Simmons' issue of refusing to space the floor. It's a lose-lose situation no matter what.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I think we should shit on him, but also, people need to realize it's not that simple. Improving your shot is one thing and it takes years. But when you don't even have a shot in the first place to improve on, things get tricky. Yes, Ben Simmons is a coward for not shooting the ball even with his coach is begging him to do so, but that's most likely because he can't shoot the ball at all. Now I don't follow the 76ers beat writers, so I don't know how much Simmons actually works on his shot, but he's so bad at it that it's not a given that he'll improve and be at least at serviceable in the future if he just works hard at it.

Oct 26, 2017
I think we should shit on him, but also, people need to realize it's not that simple. Improving your shot is one thing and it takes years. But when you don't even have a shot in the first place to improve on, things get tricky. Yes, Ben Simmons is a coward for not shooting the ball even with his coach is begging him to do so, but that's most likely because he can't shoot the ball at all. Now I don't follow the 76ers beat writers, so I don't know how much Simmons actually works on his shot, but he's so bad at it that it's not a given that he'll improve and be at least at serviceable in the future if he just works hard at it.

Westbrook can't shoot worth shit after 2017, and yet that doesn't stop him from shooting it. Giannis is now getting into the habit of shooting more, even if his % isn't the greatest. The only way Simmons can improve is if he gets shots in a game context. He could go 100/100 on practice runs but that doesn't give you the ability to test that shot ingame situations, nor does itgive you the ability to test NBA defenses.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Who gets traded first Embiid or Simmons
Embiid will request a trade. He looked like he wanted to die last night. There was a point where he was coming off the bench and someone on the Bucks hit a 3. Homie looked like his world just collapsed in front of him.

I'm just waiting for the genius Philly FO to trade him for Wiggins or some shit. Just surround Ben with a bunch of mediocre shooters. Get Gritty on there, I'm sure he'd hit a few 3s.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Embiid will request a trade. He looked like he wanted to die last night. There was a point where he was coming off the bench and someone on the Bucks hit a 3. Homie looked like his world just collapsed in front of him.

I'm just waiting for the genius Philly FO to trade him for Wiggins or some shit. Just surround Ben with a bunch of mediocre shooters. Get Gritty on there, I'm sure he'd hit a few 3s.
Sixers have an incredibly high payroll.

I think they should bring in a new coach and give it one more year. Not sure anyone will take Horford at what he is getting paid.

But if they don't improve a lot next year I am sure they blow it up and start over because they can't absorb that kind of loss.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I would trade Simmons before Embiid. I think Embiid can get you across that finish line if he had a great team behind him. I'm not so sure about Simmons.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Last nights game was a boiling point for me because we haven't won a decisive game against a top team in awhile. Clippers were the better team before Morris.
Yup, this is how I feel. At some point you can't keep saying "it's the regular season, it doesn't matter." When you can't win against the top teams and have gotten absolutely skull fucked multiple times it does not bode well for the playoffs.
Agreed. The last month of Lakers basketball has been frustrating as fuck. The team keeps making the same poor decisions: missing uncontested shots, Vogel keeps running line-up that continue to get exploited, VERY poor spacing and off-ball movement (see last pic), etc.

I mean, look at this shit:

yu70wtm08gf41.jpg

Also, fuck Rondo, he's sabotaging the team.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I would trade Simmons before Embiid. I think Embiid can get you across that finish line if he had a great team behind him. I'm not so sure about Simmons.

Ben is a coward, but Embiid is really soft and prone to injury. He lacks the drive to win or to even keep himself in shape. I'd boot him and give Ben a ton of shooters, so he's free to clog the lane all he'd like.

Sixers have an incredibly high payroll.

I think they should bring in a new coach and give it one more year. Not sure anyone will take Horford at what he is getting paid.

But if they don't improve a lot next year I am sure they blow it up and start over because they can't absorb that kind of loss.

Brett Brown gotta go. I don't know what the Sixers are thinking keeping him. They need one of those scared straight instructors to scare the shit out of Ben.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I keep Ben he more durable and have stellar regular season record without Joel, at very least you get decent run for long time.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. The last month of Lakers basketball has been frustrating as fuck. The team keeps making the same poor decisions: missing uncontested shots, Vogel keeps running line-up that continue to get exploited, VERY poor spacing and off-ball movement (see last pic), etc.

I mean, look at this shit:

yu70wtm08gf41.jpg

Also, fuck Rondo, he's sabotaging the team.

This game was pretty fluky to the point where I don't think the Rockets would be able to duplicate it.

Rondo sucking is well established though.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
That Harris contract is wild. There are some seriously goddamn awful contracts in the league right now.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Westbrook can't shoot worth shit after 2017, and yet that doesn't stop him from shooting it. Giannis is now getting into the habit of shooting more, even if his % isn't the greatest. The only way Simmons can improve is if he gets shots in a game context. He could go 100/100 on practice runs but that doesn't give you the ability to test that shot ingame situations, nor does itgive you the ability to test NBA defenses.
oh, I 100% agree he has to shoot to open his game and he needs to start doing it during games, no matter how bad he is at it. I just think people underestimate how bad he actually is and how it's not a given he'll ever be not awful just by working at it. Also, Westbook is a very bad comparison, his shot is so much better you'd think they play different sports. Simmons never shot in his life, not is HS, not in college and not in the NBA. A more apt comparison would be someone like Dwight Howard or Andre Drummond. Those are the type of players Simmons shot chart probably looks like.

Embiid is the better player but he carries huge health concerns, I would keep Simmons if forced to choose between them.. Also, both can succeed if you build the right team around them

Status
Not open for further replies.