• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Shaq and Kobe won 3 titles in a row. In 2001 they went 15-1. The Warriors could not accomplish that feat. Though they definitely came the closest and their finals appearances are impressive.

I think the Shaq/Kobe Lakers were better than any team that has followed.

People talked up the Warriors team but they did not live up to it historically. At least not IMHO.

Warriors actually went 16-1 the first year with Durant. You could say they would have had 4 or 5 if Draymond doesn't get suspended and so many don't get injured in last year's finals. You could say they might have had 2 if Kyrie and Love are in the first finals. Same deal with the Lakers' 3 titles. Point is, direct comparisons like these are too vague, too many variables.

Those first 2 years under Steve Kerr they were the most fun team I've watched across all sports, all time. That puts them over the Lakers. Shaq "hook shotting them to death" as he likes to say isn't that.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Warriors actually went 16-1 the first year with Durant. You could say they would have had 4 or 5 if Draymond doesn't get suspended and so many don't get injured in last year's finals. You could say they might have had 2 if Kyrie and Love are in the first finals. Same deal with the Lakers' 3 titles. Point is, direct comparisons like these are too vague, too many variables.

Those first 2 years under Steve Kerr they were the most fun team I've watched across all sports, all time. That puts them over the Lakers. Shaq "hook shotting them to death" as he likes to say isn't that.
The only reason the Warriors didnt 3peat was KD got injured. That's it.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lakers are family now. Caruso is your older more handsome brother. Rondo is the washed up uncle with the starter cap. KCP the cousin in and out of jail. Kuzma yo fuck boy baby daddy that shows up family reunions for free food.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Lakers are family now. Caruso is your older more handsome brother. Rondo is the washed up uncle with the starter cap. KCP the cousin in and out of jail. Kuzma yo fuck boy baby daddy that shows up family reunions for free food.
I could play the washed uncle role.

Though I could never nut punch like Rondo can. :(

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Changing gears what is the argument that Curry is better than Wade, Kobe, Dirk, etc?

Is it just efficiency?
He changed the game. Literally. NBA teams shoot more 3s because of he and Klay, he was a unanimous MVP, and everyone you listed are known for being shooters(apart from early Wade) and he is going to go down as the greatest shooter of all-time with multiple championships, who wasn't selfish. I might argue that Kobe is higher, but I'm also not a Kobe stan, so I don't know.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Laker fans stressed Kuzma out so much, he's going through a midlife crisis at 24

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019

Don't forget the refs literally handed the WCF to the Lakers one year. A man went to jail for it.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
All you need to do is dribble the ball in a straight line and make passes to players posting up and you're already better than Rondo. Don't give up!
Are they ok if I wave off LeBron every once in awhile in the 4th quarter and take my man to the hole?

Also, as trash as Rondo is he has a better handle than anyone in this thread (including myself). But thats about all he can do and its not enough.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
01 Lakers Vs. 17 Warriors would be a fun hypothetical series.
The Warriors could put 5 hall of fame players on the court.

The Lakers were carried by Shaq and Kobe averaging like 60 points a game and with the occasional B Shaw, Horry or Fish clutch 3.

I think the Shaq/Kobe Lakers can beat the Warriors without KD. But with KD that is just too stacked of a team.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Warriors could put 5 hall of fame players on the court.

The Lakers were carried by Shaq and Kobe averaging like 60 points a game and with the occasional B Shaw, Horry or Fish clutch 3.

I think the Shaq/Kobe Lakers can beat the Warriors without KD. But with KD that is just too stacked of a team.

Lets be honest though Draymond and Iggy are not really true HOF players, they're good players elevated in status by playing on a really good team.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Lets be honest though Draymond and Iggy are not really true HOF players, they're good players elevated in status by playing on a really good team.
Iguadala was legit for like 5 or 6 seasons when he was on the Sixers. He was a legit star and could take those team to the playoffs to lose to the Heat or someone really good.

Draymond I think I have to agree with you, but the Warriors don't work without him. He makes that small ball shit possible and can at times be a genius on defense.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
team psyche and emotions were probably fragile. This seems to be a very tight team, and after something emotional like that I could see a reluctance to mess with that chemistry, especially when there wasn't really a no brainer deal out there for the Lakers.
You are correct except I was there for the taking. If the Clippers, Lakers, Sixers, or Bucks come up short it is their own damn fault for not looking outside the normal NBA channels for talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.