• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
After 10 games who are the MVP candidates? For me its Booker, Davis and Giannis.

Who am I missing?

And before you get angry at me not including some best player in the game candidates remember that Alex Caruso has not played in every game so he is put in the Kawhi pile of pretty good when not managing the loads.
Honestly Luka should be in that conversation, although unless he goes absolutely bonkers they won't give that to him in his second year.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
That's why MVP based on team record has always been stupid. Not Dame's fault his teammates suck.
If anything, Dame's been too good of a leader in keeping everyone happy and working hard through infinite years of "playoffs but no title equity" with the same roster holes. If anyone else were in his spot, the team would've been forced to do something drastic, and either they'd be better, or Dame would be somewhere less boring.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm sure they'll be devastated, but neither of those fine young men is my type.

Seriously, Siakam has gotta be on the MVP short-list at this point in the season.
I'd agree with that. It's insane that the closest a Raptor has come to winning MVP was Chris Bosh in 06-07 at 7th place. Carter's prime lined up with the primes of Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Garnett, etc so he only finished as high as 10th.

I'm telling you right now, the Raptors aren't 7-3 without Siakam, especially once Lowry and Ibaka went out.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
If voters actually watched basketball they would be able to see the difference between a great team player with bad teammates, and a black hole who gets stats.

I just wanna say, I agree with this 100%. Dame is good, not just a good-stats-bad-team guy, and it's obvious to anyone that watches him play. That team would be reeeeeeeal bad without him. But MVP is about "value," and no one is going to attempt to gauge the value of a player that is on a team that loses 50 games instead of 65. Is "catapulting" your team to 32 wins instead of 17, probably against bad and mediocre competition, really worthy of being recognized by an award? I'm gonna say no.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
How many years did Rose play before he won MVP? Y'all think they would give it to Luka now? I mean I'm all for it. Dude has been balling.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The Mavs are the no.1 offensive rated team in the league and that's like, 95% Luka. If they finish anywhere vaguely well, he's gotta be in with a strong case.

Or Giannis could just keep his thing going, that too.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Dame as a player, but the dude does nothing but whine about everything. From all-star selections to his team being "overlooked." Bruh, you're 4-7 and just got smoked by the fucking Kings.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I love Dame as a player, but the dude does nothing but whine about everything. From all-star selections to his team being "overlooked." Bruh, you're 4-7 and just got smoked by the fucking Kings.

I mean he sort of has a point. He's been as good of not better than the Kyrie/Westbrook types the last few seasons but gets a fraction of the publicity largely because of where he plays and the media ignoring him. No problem with him pumping himself up.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
How much could the Pacers get for Myles Turner?
Something pretty good. Celtics would be a perfect fit in theory and I think he would be worth that Memphis pick that they're still hoarding but the matching salary is a problem since I don't think they would want to move Marcus Smart. Nola is also a great fit and they obviously have the combination of assets for him.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
To get dem Ws
giphy.gif

Lakers Era bionic77 Crumb TheeFanatic We did it!
I am on the left.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Something pretty good. Celtics would be a perfect fit in theory and I think he would be worth that Memphis pick that they're still hoarding but the matching salary is a problem since I don't think they would want to move Marcus Smart. Nola is also a great fit and they obviously have the combination of assets for him.
Ingram would be pretty nice on the Pacers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.