• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Bron has the Maverick series that Skip will never forget. KD has arguably choking away OKC 2016 Game 6-7. Same with Russ. Kyrie's last series in Boston was disastrous.
U7Ghu2s.gif

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
No it wasn't. Lakers last year had zero all stars besides LeBron.

Warriors still have Curry, Green, and Russell was an all star as well.

The Lakers were ass lol
Lakers won 35 games and were improving nicely before LeBron got there with about the same roster. Take Curry off the dubs with Klay out injured and they might win 15-20 games. Might.

Yes, Lakers roster was way better.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Bron has the Maverick series that Skip will never forget. KD has arguably choking away OKC 2016 Game 6-7. Same with Russ. Kyrie's last series in Boston was disastrous.
wow okay okay you got me there.

but look here, Harden would never have a statline like that in an elimation game.
or Kobe,
or Lillard, or Giannis

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Any time Klay was out, they were making it their singular focus on defense to prevent Curry from scoring. That meant double teams and box-and-1s. The only player on the planet probably good enough to counter that is Lebron and even then Bron usually has a sidekick.

Exactly so how is he unstoppable? That's what I initially responded too lol

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Is this serious? Dude scored 40+ in a Finals game when nobody else on his team could shoot it into the ocean.
Yeah...in an era when pretty much everyone knows you have to have at least 3 shooters on the floor at all times the Warriors had just one (Raptors were routinely putting out 4-5 dudes you could not leave open beyond 18') Curry almost got them to a game 7 in the Finals (after pretty much single handedly destroying the Rocket's souls followed by the Blazers). He was fucking magnificent. Even on his low % nights he drew all the defense...like every person on the other team. The Raptors ran a fucking college box-and-one defense at him because he was so far beyond what his teammates were capable of they were irrelevant. Warriors did not box-and-one Bron when he had to carry his team (and lost) in 2016 (he actually had a few shooters around which made that a bad idea). If the Warriors ran a box-and-one at Leonard he would have scored 7 points but his team would have won by 30 because they would have just drained 3s all day long. Dubs were not in a position to have that sort of shooting with every ounce of non-Curry salary tied up in two super human shooters who were hurt.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
steph is 3-1against Bron in the finals And kd is only 2-0. the year lbj got one is the same year curry eliminated ur boy. He beat that ass so bad he joined the next year.

My boy? I can't stand KD bro.

What I am saying is KD was the man of those last two Warrior teams that beat LBJ, not Curry. The only time when Curry was the best player on the Warriors was when LBJ was without Irving and Love.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Exactly so how is he unstoppable? That's what I initially responded too lol
By that standard, nobody outside of MJ can 'score at will'. Raptors had the best defense last season and were willing to let anybody outside of Curry beat them. Even the Warriors when playing LBJ didn't dedicate the entire defense to Bron like that.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
By that standard, nobody outside of MJ can 'score at will'.

You can try a box and 1 against Shaq, LeBron, MJ, KD etc. and see how well that works out for you.

Curry is not some unstoppable force on the level of Shaq is the point I was making. He probly needed about 4-6 more inches to reach that level.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You'd probably on some weird shit if you think Steph Curry is not a HOFer. Dude is already more accomplished than some of the HOFers so it's not some super high bar to enter.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Every MVP that is eligible for the Hall of Fame is in the Hall of Fame.

The first unanimous MVP won't make the Hall of Fame

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
The season didn't even start and we're already shitting on Steph... Ugh. This season is going to be a drag

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
The only HOFamer after MJ is Kobe and that's only because he kissed the ring. Curry hasn't even punched Steve Kerr in the face yet and he's had 5 years to do it, what kind of shit is that?

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
So we said the same thing about LeBron last year? And his roster was much better than the Klay-less warriors.

I think if the Warriors make the playoffs he will be mvp. He should also have two fmvps but media dumb-assery all around there.

Curry has 2 all stars and WCS. That's far better then Lonzo, Ingram, Kuze and Rondo

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Curry has a guy LA shipped out of town just so Lonzo could sleep better at night and the other is making considerably less money than Jaylen Brown. I mean, c'mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.