• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Middleman

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
I think the narrative will help Curry's chances. He'll have to go supernova to have the Warriors in the Playoffs with KD gone and Klay injured. If he can average decent numbers around 30/5/6 and the team makes the payoffs he'll win it
If anything, I think narrative will hurt Curry.

Unless they finish as a top 4 seed (they won't) the sentiment will be "couldn't do it without help".

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
If you're Frank Vogel do you start McGee or Howard? I'm thinking if Howard gets the start on a non guarantee that can cause some drama.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017

Unless they finish as a top 4 seed (they won't) the sentiment will be "couldn't do it without help".
So we said the same thing about LeBron last year? And his roster was much better than the Klay-less warriors.

I think if the Warriors make the playoffs he will be mvp. He should also have two fmvps but media dumb-assery all around there.

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017

I don't think so. Warriors won 57 games last season where they had KD, Klay and Iggy. If they can win 48 to 50 games and make 6th seed, then he'll definitely be considered. Obviously he has to be posting an amazing statline.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Mcgee no question. Younger and more athletic then dwight.

Howard has shown promise (especially for rebounding)but his impact seems more suited off the bench.

McGee for the D and the lob potential with LBJ and AD passing to him.

Yea? I read an interesting stat yesterday. When Dwights on the court he gets 37% of the rebounds and the team rebounds better as a whole with him on the court. I think it's pretty close. McGee does have more lob potential. Howard's lift doesn't look the same as even 2 years ago.

hermit

Oct 25, 2017
damn beasley didn't sign an extension. looks like we gotta ship him out before he leaves in free agency

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
I was skeptical about the AD/JaVale fit over the summer, but I think it's actually looked really good so far on the court. That plus LeMao just puts so much pressure on the rim.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Zion sitting around for 8 weeks in New Orleans is real scary hours

man gon come back at 300 lbs
UNAjvjK.jpg

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a natural thing. I remember when the Bulls were doing their thing in the 90's, you had Wilt and old Celtics players saying Jordan and the Bulls weren't shit. We'll see the same from Kobe, then later Lebron in 20-30 years.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Joking aside, they really should consider red-shirting him for a year. TV partners will whine, but a shortened career will hurt their bottom line more in the end.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MJ is crazy for saying curry isn't HoFer. Curry is going to pass Ray Allen as the all time leader in 3 pointers possibly before he even turns 33 years old. And I've never seen someone come as close to breaking the game of basketball as Steph Curry, except for maybe Shaq in his prime. The game wasn't designed for people to score at will from anywhere past half court.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
So we said the same thing about LeBron last year? And his roster was much better than the Klay-less warriors.

I think if the Warriors make the playoffs he will be mvp. He should also have two fmvps but media dumb-assery all around there.

No it wasn't. Lakers last year had zero all stars besides LeBron.

Warriors still have Curry, Green, and Russell was an all star as well.

The Lakers were ass lol

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
MJ is crazy for saying curry isn't HoFer. Curry is going to pass Ray Allen as the all time leader in 3 pointers possibly before he even turns 33 years old. And I've never seen someone come as close to breaking the game of basketball as Steph Curry, except for maybe Shaq in his prime. The game wasn't designed for people to score at will from anywhere past half court.

He doesn't score at will. He plays with amazing players and gets open looks which he knocks down at a prolific rate but watch him in the playoffs when he doesn't have 5 all stars on the court alongside him lol

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
steph is 3-1against Bron in the finals And kd is only 2-0. the year lbj got one is the same year curry eliminated ur boy. He beat that ass so bad he joined the next year.
KD lost to lebron.

side note:
I feel like the OKC Miami finals is one of the most forgotten, from the OKC side at least.

You hear ESPN and FS1 constantly saying Harden and Westbrook haven't been to the finals.
Like on a monthly basis.
It's really weird

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
KD lost to lebron.

side note:
I feel like the OKC Miami finals is one of the most forgotten, from the OKC side at least.

You hear ESPN and FS1 constantly saying Harden and Westbrook haven't been to the finals.
Like on a monthly basis.
It's really weird

shit howdid that slip my mind. Thank you for increasing my bbiq

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
KD lost to lebron.

side note:

Like on a monthly basis.
It's really weird

Funny if true because that time OKC was the actual favorites to win the title.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
He doesn't score at will. He plays with amazing players and gets open looks which he knocks down at a prolific rate but watch him in the playoffs when he doesn't have 5 all stars on the court alongside him lol
Is this serious? Dude scored 40+ in a Finals game when nobody else on his team could shoot it into the ocean.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

If Curry retired today, he'd probably be HoFer.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Oh I see its time to shit on Steph. A little late but you knew it was coming.

Jarmel

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Was the 21 points on 6-17 shooting in an elimination game 6 something I'm making up or what?
Any time Klay was out, they were making it their singular focus on defense to prevent Curry from scoring. That meant double teams and box-and-1s. The only player on the planet probably good enough to counter that is Lebron and even then Bron usually has a sidekick.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Was the 21 points on 6-17 shooting in an elimination game 6 something I'm making up or what?
Curry tends to shrink big time in elimination game losses.

Whereas his peers are pretty spotless in comparison. Lebron, Harden, KD, Russ, Lillard, Kyrie, Kobe, wouldn't have a stain like that or statline like that in a big loss.

Which hurts his standing in the league and his HOF case

Jarmel

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Curry tends to shrink big time in elimination game losses.

Whereas his peers are pretty spotless in comparison. Lebron, Harden, KD, Russ, Lillard, Kyrie, Kobe, wouldn't have a stain like that or statline like that in a big loss.

Which hurts his standing in the league and his HOF case
Bron has the Maverick series that Skip will never forget. KD has arguably choking away OKC 2016 Game 6-7. Same with Russ. Kyrie's last series in Boston was disastrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.