• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
My western conference final standings prediction:
1. Clippers
2. Rockets
3. Warriors
4. Lakers
5. Trail Blazers
6. Jazz
7. Nuggets
8. Spurs

Eastern conference:
1. Bucks
2. Who
3. The
4. Hell
5. Cares
6. About
7. The
8. Rest

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dubs roster without Klay is trash beyond what Lakers had last year and they missed the playoffs (by a lot). Curry will need to basically ascend to keep this team in playoff contention.

Pre-injury to Bron and pre-trade drama, Lakers were actually doing pretty well at 4 seed. It's just total collapse after that.

Warriors are still pretty good, as long as Curry and Green are healthy to keep the boat afloat.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Rankings:

1) HOUTON
2) DANVERS
3) LAL
4) LAC
5) UTAH
6) GOLDEN STATE
7) PORTLAND
8) SAN ANTONIO

don't think clippers will be that high due to missed games. But they can't be lower than 4, so they're 4.
HOU will be 1 due to regular season Harden
Carol sure 2 why not
LAL at 3 sounds good.
everyone else exists.

Last edited:

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Sixers are better than the Bucks
postseason yeah, they are a nightmare matchup for them, but I'd be surprised if the Bucks aren't the 1 seed

East
1. Milwaukee
2. Philly
3. Boston
4. Miami
5. Toronto
6. Brooklyn
7. Indiana
8. Orlando

West
1. Houston
2. Utah
3. LA Clippers
4. LA Lakers
5. Denver
6. Portland
7. Golden St.
8. San Antonio

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the Mavs are making the same mistakes as the New Orlean Pelicans/Hornets did with Anthony Davis. Regardless how good Porzingis ends up returning, they gave up way too much cap flexibility and draft picks.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
No one in the West cares about seeding, the most they're gonna do is jockey for position with <20 games left to avoid one team or another. The Clippers are a disaster in the making. Kawhi was limping at the end of last year and he's not getting any fresher, PG is not now nor has he ever been a superstar. Teams like Utah and Denver were made to get their asses kicked by seasoned top 5 talent in the playoffs. So here's what's gonna happen: LAL vs. Philly in the finals. Embiid ascends to legend status in besting AD, that or he tackles him head first with one of his ridiculous, but somehow not at all malicious, flagrant ones. Philly throws about 6-8 giant dudes at LBJ, working him in 5 minute stints. They can't take him out of the series, but just wear on him enough. Philly wins, Hinkie is vindicated once and for all. Houston literally explodes after GSW beat them in the playoffs again. Giannis is unhappy and worn down after 2 straight season of carrying the entire state on his back, he wants out. KD is still a dipshit etc etc.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tbh I might wake up at 5:30am for the Lakers-Clippers opening and then go straight to work. Not a lot of knowledge to be gained, but the meme value of the game is off the charts.
Edit: Also
d7gneQO.png

Last edited:

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Lebron is post prime and closer to the 10-20 range. You could make an argument that he'd be the 3rd best player on the Sixers and the Clippers.

Lebron and Luka are both do it all wings. Basketball Reference predictions (all predictions are per 36 minutes) have Luka at 24.0/8.9/6.7 and Lebron at 26.4/8.3/8.3.

Those numbers aren't worlds apart.
Davis is predicted to be 27.8/12/3.3
Kristaps isn't predicted due to his injuries. His last season per 36 he was 25.2/7.3/1.5 which was a career low in rebounds. Both Davis and Porzingas are in a similar range for blocks.

that's pretty close and only an extra 4 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists per game that the Mavs role players need to make up in the aggregate over the Lakers to put them even.

Zach LaVine averaged 24/5/5 last year rounding slightly up. Steph Curry averaged 27/5/5 rounding slightly down.

Is Zach LaVine sneaky a top 10 player?

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
isn't that what I said? needs 70ish games.

but to the other point
:ast year LAL you have to factor leadership, cohesion,coaching.

LAL had terrible leadership, coaching, and cohesion last year. GS has better coaching and leadership, we'll see about cohesion.
Draymond was better than anyone not lebron
Klay better than anyone not lebron
Russel better than anyone not lebron
and of course curry.

no wonder LAL missed the playoffs by a hundred games.
Poor talent & intangibles.
Eh. With basically the same roster the year before LeBron joined they won 35 games (and were improving as the year went). Take Curry off the Warrior roster and realize that Klay isn't coming back until there are maybe 20 games left and this team/roster wouldn't see 20 wins.

battousai

Oct 25, 2017
Excited that NBA is back. How come people are discounting NOP from making the playoffs? They have BI, Jrue, Reddick, Zion and Lonzo. I think they would at least be in play for 8th seed.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Zach LaVine averaged 24/5/5 last year rounding slightly up. Steph Curry averaged 27/5/5 rounding slightly down.

Is Zach LaVine sneaky a top 10 player?

Does defence matter?
Using OBPM from the 2018/19 season
Curry Ranked 2nd at 7.7 OBPM
Lebron Ranked 3rd at 6.6 OBPM
Doncic Ranked 23rd at 2.9 OBPM
LaVine Ranked 42nd at 1.8 OBPM

So no Lavine isn't a sneaky top 10 player. He is a top 50 offensive player.

As for Lebron vs Doncic. It's closer then it appears. Keep in mind Rookies typically significantly improve going into their 2nd years.

Last year Doncic and Lebron had similar usage rates (31.6 for Lebron to 30.5 Doncic)
Lebron has a better TS% (.588 to .545), Lebron was better from 2 and 3, Doncic was better from the Line ( .713 vs .665) and got their more often (.409FTr to .382FTr)

The comparison is a lot closer then LaVine vs Curry.

BBref comparison of the two players 2018/19 seasons

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still hard to believe that the Raps won the championship. They are first rounder fodder this year, however. The east will be one of the Bucks or Philly, with Miami maybe spicing things up.

If he and George can stay healthy, I ain't betting against Kawhi after what he did last year in Toronto.

Clippers over Bucks in 6.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If and when Kawhi wins his third finals mvp for his third team we can discuss his status among the goats

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
How close do the stats say current LeBron and Doncic are?

I need to know how to manipulate these dumb stats so that I can get the Knicks to draft me.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
East
1. Bucks
2. Sixers
3. Celtics
4. Heat
5. Nets
6. Pacers
7. Raptors
8. Magic

West
1. Nuggets
2. Clippers
3. Lakers
4. Rockets
5. Jazz
6. Warriors
7. Blazers
8. Spurs

book it

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone that leaves the Pistons off their playoff predictions is going on the shit list and getting fucking reported.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's because all these lists are leaving off the 9 seed in the east for some reason, historically the most dominant position in all of basketball

These dudes will feel so stupid when the 9th seed Pistons are in the finals. Low BBIQ all around after these bans.

I heard, I'm not positive, just heard, could be a rumor, maybe it's true or not true, I haven't done research on it, but I just HEARD, he's OTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.