• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biggest 1st round Fraud

• The Bulls

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • KD and Kyrie

Votes: 434 69.2%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 46 7.3%
  • KAT

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if old...

You gotta open the thread to see all of Mark's homophobic tweets (he's a GSW reporter). He deleted his twitter

Woody

Mar 5, 2018

So is the consensus that Marcus Smart basically faked / over dramatized his injury?

Watching the replay as it happened, it seemed that his ankle had already turned inward a bit as his entire body weight came down on it, so the bone might have taken the brunt of it instead of the ligaments. Either way I'm sure it hurt like hell. As for Tatum? Shrug.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Watching the replay as it happened, it seemed that his ankle had already turned inward a bit as his entire body weight came down on it, so the bone might have taken the brunt of it instead of the ligaments. Either way I'm sure it hurt like hell. As for Tatum? Shrug.

I'm sure it was painful but for him to return so soon after that? Seems like a semi-serious dramatic flop.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
It's pretty obvious some guys are tryin real hard to craft their own flu-game drama/legacy. Sometimes you poop your pants and leave on a wheelchair, others go a different route.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Oct 25, 2017
Smart looked fine the rest of the game but that didn't look like the kind of ankle turn that wasn't gonna hurt like hell today and tomorrow.

Aug 7, 2020
30/5/6 against the best (or one of the best) defense in the league is nothing to write home about? What?

Meanwhile, Alfonso McKinnie (out of the league), Jonas Jerebko (out of the league), and Quinn Cook (out of the league) got significant minutes. Do you really think that, along with leading all scorers for the entire series is 'nothing to write home about'? Why?
I'm late but thank you for defending Curry and breaking this down. Most everyone I knew hated Curry during that 2015-2019 run but I've grown more appreciative of him over time.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Not sure if old...

You gotta open the thread to see all of Mark's homophobic tweets (he's a GSW reporter). He deleted his twitter

Those tweets were horrible. I'm guessing he'll be out of a job soon.

This superfan digging back through 11 years of tweets desperate to find dirt because the dude was "hating on Steph Curry" is pathetic as fuck.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I'd give the benefit of the doubt to Smart, because that ankle bend didn't look like right. Tatum on the other hand looked like he decided to sit down and cry.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
if Tatum catching slander, no one is safe. Except luka, man put up a Brooklyn nets joe Johnson stat line in game 1 and people just said he needs help.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
My analytics tell me when the other team shoots 22 more times because you hand it to them over and over you get embarrassed.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
It's pretty obvious some guys are tryin real hard to craft their own flu-game drama/legacy. Sometimes you poop your pants and leave on a wheelchair, others go a different route.

I called Smart doing the Pierce, getting "hurt", leaving the game, and coming back triumphantly to charge the crowd up.

I wasn't expecting Tatum to do the same shit in the same game though. Lol

Did the Cs win when Pierce shit himself? Maybe Smart should have full sended. Lol

Go Heat!

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
yea I get on Kerr for bad decisions. like Recently Lee playing any minutes. And Kidd has been good these playoffs.

but Kerr has outcoached Kidd by a mile this series
we'll see what kidd does game 3

Yeah but Kerr has a history of questionable decisions. Look at the 2016 playoffs, resting the death lineup at weird times and watching the game fall away as Varejao played.

He's a bad gambler no doubt. But I was surprised he put in Moody in Game 2 who played decent, and hope he realizes Lee is a detriment right now.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
I called Smart doing the Pierce, getting "hurt", leaving the game, and coming back triumphantly to charge the crowd up.

I wasn't expecting Tatum to do the same shit in the same game though. Lol

Did the Cs win when Pierce shit himself? Maybe Smart should have full sended. Lol

Go Heat!
I'll of course give both Smart and Tatum the benefit of the doubt on the injuries, but it was insane to see two instances of guys go down and stay down like they were going to be out for the next 12 months type injury and then both are back in the game 5 minutes later.

----------------

About Kerr, obviously a good coach, and his Xs and Os on offense and defense in the first two games of the conference finals compared to Mike Brown's management of the semifinals games he coached has been night and day.

He does get stuck with some guys though, his continued faith in DLee over Moody as the last guard in the rotation with GP2/Iggy out has been insane (as we have endlessly complained about in his thread lol).

Gho5tstar

Jan 16, 2021
VA
Wait so people are saying Smart's ankle injury was another flop dramatics attempt ?? People cant be serious..i rolled my ankle playing ball and ended up fracturing it and breaking my foot..at the moment, I just taped it up and came back within 15min..the next morning though..wheewwww

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Trae has the right, but not the standing to comment on Smart's deal. I mean...Trae?

Unless Ballsack Sports hacked his Twitter.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I mean if the Lakers job was appealing at all he would have taken it. Its a job with completely unrealistic expectations like having to turn Westbrook into a good player

Nov 7, 2017
Edit: Actually that's not fair. It's late and I'm getting pissy.

The Heat are 2/12 against the team that just beat the defending champs. You really think the Heat are the better team here?
Who in the Heat hurt you this bad? I know you're a Butler hater so you probably are a Wolves or Sixers fan I dunno but just give the Heat some fucking credit damn

I feel that Era posters don't know how to just take the fucking L and move on and not be salty about it

If you're getting pissy then walk away and don't post I don't think it's that difficult

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Who in the Heat hurt you this bad? I know you're a Butler hater so you probably are a Wolves or Sixers fan I dunno but just give the Heat some fucking credit damn

I feel that Era posters don't know how to just take the fucking L and move on and not be salty about it

If you're getting pissy then walk away and don't post I don't think it's that difficult
Mavs fan actually. And that's what I did? I got off not long after that. Too many beers too late on a Saturday night.

Apologies.

Nov 7, 2017
Mavs fan actually. And that's what I did? I got off not long after that. Too many beers too late on a Saturday night.

Apologies.
Yea I'm a little irate too not at you but in general this current Heat team doesn't get the respect that they deserve this season (1 in the East, beating the Celtics yesterday while their best player was out and the Celtics went on a surge)

I get that the superstar narrative is still something that people think about (Oh you have to have an elite superstar to win and Jimmy is not a superstar) but you can't deny this team deserves to be here

Oct 26, 2017
Coaching LeBron James. Appeal acquired lmao.

I guarantee if his sons weren't involved he'd at least have taken the interview.

I don't think there's much appeal to coaching 37 year old LeBron and 30 year old Anthony Davis in LA.

Absurd amount of pressure due to history, but there's basically no chance these guys can make it through a postseason healthy at this point so you're going to get killed by the media even if you did a good job coaching.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yea I'm a little irate too not at you but in general this current Heat team doesn't get the respect that they deserve this season (1 in the East, beating the Celtics yesterday while their best player was out and the Celtics went on a surge)

I get that the superstar narrative is still something that people think about (Oh you have to have an elite superstar to win and Jimmy is not a superstar) but you can't deny this team deserves to be here
They do. They are a solid team. My problem is that I despise the warriors with the burning fury of a thousand suns. Only 1 of 4 professional sports teams I feel that way about. And despite the Heat being such a solid team I don't think they can beat that warriors team. And I would rather see the entire NBA go under financially than have to see the warriors win another championship.

So my ideal matchups are Mavs vs Heat (Jimmy vs Luka would be sweet) or Warriors vs Celtics.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Hate that the game is on late night

Wrong coast

200.gif

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
]

I'm a self confessed Marcus Smart hater, but that ankle sprain looked legit

I love Smart. But I didn't realize he's a flopper until recently when someone on this very forum pointed it out. Now I question everything. Flop or serious injury? He went to the locker room barely walking and within 10-15 minutes was hobbling back out and played the rest of the game zero limping.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The playoffs have people (myself included) in their feelings lol

Been awhile since that was the case for me because the playoffs were pretty boring in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.