• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biggest 1st round Fraud

• The Bulls

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • KD and Kyrie

Votes: 434 69.2%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 46 7.3%
  • KAT

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
pZtMwRg_d.webp

I love that he's been there in person for the C's two worst losses this postseason.

Also how does he have worse seats than Dave Portnoy?

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
You know you're in your feelings when you call the dude who dropped 40 on 70% fucking garbage.

Nah I don't back down from it. Not in my feelings at all, whatever you mean by that, dude has to be accountable (and my guess is he will be knowing the player). Watch the game instead of the stats. Also, you can just respond to my post.

He gave every bit of those 40 points back during this game. He turned the ball over 7 times. He didn't have one assist and constantly drove into double teams or just one defender instead of moving the ball and relocating. He got absolutely abused on the boards, including by smaller players but also provided absolutely no resistance against Tucker or Bam on the boards. He lost shooters like Strus and Lowry on simple movement actions, and Tucker on basic over-help which has been a problem with him all year. Tucker can shoot from exactly one location and Jaylen was responsible for at least two of those.

It's nice that Jaylen led the comeback, I was happy to see him attack a bit more and be more aggressive. He was just as big of a part of them being down big as Tatum was.

He'll play better, so will Tatum. But I've got energy for blaming everyone for this one. Maybe only Al is safe.

Last edited:

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Tatum just is what he is to me though. If the game flow aligns he will get 30 easy off talent and natural physical gifts, if not... he is not a guy who has the mental fortitude to GO GET what you need him to when it's important.

My brother calls it the "pretty boy game".

You know you're in your feelings when you call the dude who dropped 40 on 70% fucking garbage.
Big facts

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Tatum just is what he is to me though. If the game flow aligns he will get 30 easy off talent and natural physical gifts, if not... he is not a guy who has the mental fortitude to GO GET what you need him to when it's important.

My brother calls it the "pretty boy game".

Dude just got 46 on the road against the defending champions and Giannis in game 6 to force a game 7. Literally 8 days ago.

He played like shit tonight.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The Heat are beating the Celtics and the Warriors are beating the Mavs. If this carries on then this might be the worst Finals lineup in at least 15 years unless I am forgetting one.

No way I am wasting time on that if its just Jimmy vs Steph lol

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Real shit? Boston not winning 3 of 4 from the Heat.

Is that a hot take? I just don't think that Miami -- even in their "won quarters deficit" -- are likely to fail to "put it together" 2 times in the next 4 games. Boston losing games because of 2 bad quarters is something teams don't usually survive in a playoff series.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
2 out of 12?

Not luck?

okay lol

The two quarters they "won" they outscored the Celtics by like 50 points. Again, quarters are not played in a vacuum. When you win a the first quarter by 25 and lose the following quarter by 9, and then play the third quarter to a draw even though you don't have your best player and don't allow the opposition to cut into the lead at all, you haven't actually "lost" anything. Its such a dumb pull thats making the rounds after this game, as damage control or for Celtic fans to feel some moral victory or something I don't know, but its pretty dumb.

To say anything of that magnitude at this level of the playoffs is "luck" is asinine.

DaVeed

Banned
Jun 21, 2020
I'm just box score watching, but Tatum really played 41 minutes and scored 10 pts with 6 TOs?! He's had a couple of games like this so let's pump the brakes on the top whatever conversation

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The two quarters they "won" they outscored the Celtics by like 50 points. Again, quarters are not played in a vacuum. When you win a the first quarter by 25 and lose the following quarter by 9, and then play the third quarter to a draw even though you don't have your best player and don't allow the opposition to cut into the lead at all, you haven't actually "lost" anything. Its such a dumb pull thats making the rounds after this game, as damage control or for Celtic fans to feel some moral victory or something I don't know, but its pretty dumb.

To say anything of that magnitude at this level of the playoffs is "luck" is asinine.
Agree to disagree I guess.

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
2 out of 12?

Not luck?

okay lol
You have to look at who is on the floor in those quarters and consider the circumstances. Adjustments in game matter as well so 1 quarter can swing the entire game. Just take a look at the Warriors famous 3rd quarter onslaughts. In this post season they have dominated 4th quarters. They beat a Grizz team that led the entire game until the last few minutes.

Anyways take a look at this masterclass flop, thankfully the refs didn't call a foul

DaVeed

Banned
Jun 21, 2020
You have to look at who is on the floor in those quarters and consider the circumstances. Adjustments in game matter as well so 1 quarter can swing the entire game. Just take a look at the Warriors famous 3rd quarter onslaughts. In this post season they have dominated 4th quarters. They beat a Grizz team that led the entire game until the last few minutes.

Anyways take a look at this masterclass flop, thankfully the refs didn't call a foul

DPOY

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017

I hate this shit about Smart. It actually disgusts me when any player does it, but Smart does it alot.

They should give out Ts for this shit after games.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Yea, looks like the 2 outta 12 stuff is weird copium tbh. 3/12 were tied quarters. Another 3/12 Celtics only led by 3, 5, and 6 pts. If anything it speaks to how dominating the Heat were in those 2 quarters that the Celtics couldnt over close the gap.

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Actually that's not fair. It's late and I'm getting pissy.

The Heat are 2/12 against the team that just beat the defending champs. You really think the Heat are the better team here?
Styles make matchups. The Heats defense is way better than the Bucks. The Heats coaching and in game adjustments are leagues ahead of the Bucks. Bud should have been fired but Giannis saved his ass

Edit: Middleton didn't even play in the series lol. Tucker also is a huge difference maker in defense and he is deadly from the corner. The Bucks missed him a lot

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Styles make matchups. The Heats defense is way better than the Bucks. The Heats coaching and in game adjustments are leagues ahead of the Bucks. Bud should have been fired but Giannis saved his ass
I dont disagree on the defense part. But the Celtics are the best team left standing. Everyone else is at least a step or two below. The Heat are the bottom of that pile at the moment. They are having crazy bursts of effort don't get me wrong, but in terms of overall talent they are by far the least of the bunch.

I will give them credit for being as lucky and as dogged as they have been though.

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
I dont disagree on the defense part. But the Celtics are the best team left standing. Everyone else is at least a step or two below. The Heat are the bottom of that pile at the moment. They are having crazy bursts of effort don't get me wrong, but in terms of overall talent they are by far the least of the bunch.

I will give them credit for being as lucky and as dogged as they have been though.
Maybe the Celtics were lucky lol. They swept a trash Nets team where all games were in single digits. The Nets could have won 2 of those games easily imo but they are trash. They go on and beat a Bucks team in 7 without their 2nd best player. They are now playing the 1st seed in the East who happens to have one of the best defenses in the league and probably the best coach in the league. The Heat have been winning while starting 2 undrafted players lol. The team chemistry is off the charts and the buy in is incredible from all players. Coaching matters and Spo is out coaching Ime.

Edit: let's be real, can you really call the Heat lucky going up 26 points, losing Butler for the entire 2nd half and overcoming an all time biased reffing? Watching the game from a neutral perspective, you can clearly see how biased the refs were. Before garbage fouling in the last minute the free throw disparity was 28-5. I wouldn't call having 19 steals lucky either

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe the Celtics were lucky lol. They swept a trash Nets team where all games were in single digits. The Nets could have won 2 of those games easily imo but they are trash. They go on and beat a Bucks team in 7 without their 2nd best player. They are now playing the 1st seed in the East who happens to have one of the best defenses in the league and probably the best coach in the league. The Heat have been winning while starting 2 undrafted players lol. The team chemistry is off the charts and the buy in is incredible from all players. Coaching matters and Spo is out coaching Ime
I will give you that one too. Spo is by far the best coach left. Kidd is on his way and lord knows Kerr doesn't do shit lol

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
Looking back at the first round. The Celtics won game 1 in a buzzer beater and the Nets chocked game 2 in the 4th quarter. The Nets could have been 2-0 to start lol

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever happened to the fines for flopping? When did the NBA stop handing those out, seems like it's been forever since anybody got hit with a flopping fine. Last time I remember a big named player being involved was LeBron getting a warning from the League offices.
lebron-flopjames.webp

lebron-james-flop.gif

Love Bron Bron but these were ridiculous for an all time great player of his caliber.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Tatum was non-existent last night. Played 41 minutes and scored 10. If he was on point Celtics would have won but he couldn't make any of his shots.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
If the Heat actually advances to the Final and wins it all, I'm actually going to liken this run to being like a modern-esque "Bad-Boy Pistons", complete with playing spoiler to the new Golden Child team that the media so clearly wants to be the one to make the finals. lol

Deleted member 10780

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2022

You know what was luck, Khris Middleton being injured.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
It is a crazy stat. Just shows how great the Celtics are and how lucky the Heat are getting.
Like there's context to this like the fact they had to hold a lead without Jimmy Butler to win one of those games( one where the referring was biased) and also it's fair to lose the game in one quarter

Last edited:

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Like there's context to this like the fact had to hold a lead without Jimmy Butler to win one of those games( one where the referring was biased) and also it's fair to lose the game in one quarter

And if we're going to arbitrarily write stuff off as "lucky" then that Game 2 blowout must've been as well since that type of 3-point shooting is an anomaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.