• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biggest 1st round Fraud

• The Bulls

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • KD and Kyrie

Votes: 434 69.2%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 46 7.3%
  • KAT

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2018
The Warriors managing to win the title because Curry and Draymond somehow stayed healthy is I guess an outcome?

Not a super impressive team compared to prior title teams, but Curry and Draymond did manage to finally stay healthy and that's like 50% of the sport sometimes.
I'm starting to realize this is a huge part of why Lebron dominated for so long. It really bums you out to see player after player get injured, but then you realize that's the norm, and that Lebron is just the exception.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Tatum with 10 points and struggling all game gets shoved into crunch time
Oof Ime
Truly terrible coaching performance tonight. Between starting Theis and then benching him, and not playing PP, it was just a ton of mistakes.

Theis should basically be playing the minutes Bam sits. Having Theis and Al in together is nonsense. And in a game where you are turning the ball over ever six seconds, your best ball handler would help a lot. Just a miserable game by Ime.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Bam needs to be this every game for us to win. That would have been horrible if we let this game go. Jimmy hopefully is back next game.
Pat Bev said on First Take that MIA needed a 30pt game from Bam if they were going to win. Wow, how accurate was that assessment?

He really does have the matchups to do that every game, when they are either putting the older Horford or a small guy on him. Play big boy.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
The thing with Tatum is that he sort of comes off as a Blake Griffin-ish front runner. He is young and maybe I'm wrong but major vibes on that.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
He's young. If the Celtics lose this series though and he has more games anywhere near this bad, he'll start to hear it though. The NBA media/fan machine loves nothing but to tear down guys they've built up.
I think it's more that the media heads hate to be wrong and so players 'stunk it up' or 'choked' so the analysts can feel better about their picks.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
He's young. If the Celtics lose this series though and he has more games anywhere near this bad, he'll start to hear it though. The NBA media/fan machine loves nothing but to tear down guys they've built up.
My only point is - Tatum is rising to the status of star. You gotta take the heat for a 3-14 night if that's the case. Comes with the territory.

Dude was like the 7th-8th best player on the floor tonight.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
24 turnovers.

Doesn't matter how talented the Celtics are when the other team is able to shoot 22 more times.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
evil-defeated.gif

evil being the refs

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
24 TOs. 24. Mostly unforced. Again the Celtics could have played merely badly and won this game. Infuriating.

I don't wanna hear all the blame on Tatum too, Jaylen got hot but he can take the heat too. Way too soft.

I'm confident they'll respond next game as they have all year but they've made things way harder on themselves.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone don't be me. After staying up 30 hours plus I decided fuck it I'll watch the Celtics game.
The thing with Tatum is that he sort of comes off as a Blake Griffin-ish front runner. He is young and maybe I'm wrong but major vibes on that.
Nah this isn't it. He's just an inconsistent "superstar", and when you are inconsistent these are the results. Honestly, he's just a young dude struggling to be the offensive leader of a championship level squad.

He scored 10 in Game 3 last series too.
Exactly. The monster game 6 made everyone think he arrived myself included.

Mar 10, 2018
And it's funny how Udoka said "We don't rely on one guy"… well… that's the Heat. Lol. They can play well even without Jimmy. But if Tatum played even AVERAGELY. Y'all don't lose this game.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Heat Fam... i heard Jimmy missed the second half and we only won one qrt with another tie, how bad did we lose by? I can't bear to check.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Everyone don't be me. After staying up 30 hours plus I decided fuck it I'll watch the Celtics game.

Nah this isn't it. He's just an inconsistent "superstar", and when you are inconsistent these are the results. Honestly, he's just a young dude struggling to be the offensive leader of a championship level squad.

Exactly. The monster game 6 made everyone think he arrived myself included.
Yeah he scored 10 in the previous series in a game where his team wasn't rolling. Sort of what I'm feeling...

You have so many peeps here and in the media ready to crown his ass. IMO Jaylen digs way deeper when things aren't going well (as he did tonight).

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Did you like the Tatum BBQ ones? I thought they were pretty bland, the BBQ flavor was weak. Maybe my bag had wack flavor powder distribution, hah.

I guess I will cave, I'll try the Lebron ones too, hehe.
They were mediocre. The AD ones definitely had more of a punch so you might like them. The pure zest of the line/jalapeno I thought was good but hard for me to eat more than a few

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah he scored 10 in the previous series in a game where his team wasn't rolling. Sort of what I'm feeling...

You have so many peeps here and in the media ready to crown his ass. IMO Jaylen digs way deeper when things aren't going well (as he did tonight).
Yup. JB gets in his own head as well, but has shown the ability to fight through it. Sometimes it can be really rough and he doesn't get results like tonight though. Just a bummer. The man is super talented, but sometimes guys just don't overcome the mental hurdles.

This could honestly just be his ceiling as well. Really talented player that isn't consistent enough to win a championship unless the stars align.

am i crazy for thinking Jaylen is better than Tatum
Heat own the Celtics forever if they win this series
Oof

I get called crazy for that but he is, but they play get shook every now and then
You both are wrong. Did you see Jaylens handle tonight? If Miami suddenly decided that Tatum was no longer the number one guy, and focused on Jaylen what would happen? He would get eaten alive all game, and would consistently have 8 plus turnover games. He simply doesn't have the handles.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the highlights (was without power for most of the day). Damn Miami held on, but again they only dominated 1 quarter of play. I still see this thing going 7.

Oct 25, 2017
People keep talking about who dominates quarters of play, that shit doesn't matter if you lose games.

No one gives a fuck about how many quarters of play Michael Jordan's bulls won. What a useless stat to hang your hat on

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
am i crazy for thinking Jaylen is better than Tatum

Yes. Tatum is clearly far more gifted offensively. Brown is a pretty limited dribbler and relies on blowing by lesser defenders because of the attention Tatum gets from defenses. The one thing I'll say is Brown seems to get in his own head less often, but thats both a gift and a curse sometimes for guys like Brown (and Smart) that can lead to them doing too much.

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Tatum is clearly far more gifted offensively. Brown is a pretty limited dribbler and relies on blowing by lesser defenders because of the attention Tatum gets from defenses. The one thing I'll say is Brown seems to get in his own head less often, but thats both a gift and a curse sometimes for guys like Brown (and Smart) that can lead to them doing too much.

Miami is at least going to win one more because we haven't got the "Smart Thinks He Is the #1 4-16" shooting performances that come once every five games.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
People keep talking about who dominates quarters of play, that shit doesn't matter if you lose games.

No one gives a fuck about how many quarters of play Michael Jordan's bulls won. What a useless stat to hang your hat on

Its a misleading thing to reach for because Quarters aren't played in vacuums. You have to consider the context. Example the third quarter tonight was effectively a tie, 25-25, but Miami did that with zero minutes from Jimmy Butler.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Man overreactions galore tonight. Don't let Jaylen off the hook because he got a bit hot in the second half. Jaylen was fucking garbage tonight and played with no force, toughness, or discipline. He gave back everything he scored. He had 1 assist and 7 TOs with pathetic defense. And I love Jaylen.

And the people saying Tatum shouldn't have come back in can get out of here.

Team has bounced back every time they're challenged this season so I'm gonna have faith again. I think they will again, but I'm also concerned that seemingly every player on the team is hurt right now.

Also, god damn Bam answered the call today. What a performance.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
One of the most blatantly one-sidedly officiated games in recent history.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
Man overreactions galore tonight. Don't let Jaylen off the hook because he got a bit hot in the second half. Jaylen was fucking garbage tonight and played with no force, toughness, or discipline. He gave back everything he scored. He had 1 assist and 7 TOs with pathetic defense. And I love Jaylen.

And the people saying Tatum shouldn't have come back in can get out of here.

Team has bounced back every time they're challenged this season so I'm gonna have faith again. I think they will again, but I'm also concerned that seemingly every player on the team is hurt right now.

Also, god damn Bam answered the call today. What a performance.
Yeah, the story of this game is Bam balled out. He was very aggressive, got the ball early in the possession to initiate and make plays, plus they were smart to take advantage of his ability to ball handle in transition and off rebounds as well.

And that's with Butler missing a half and Herro continuing to play poorly in this series (and looks like he got hurt as well). They absolutely needed it.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
amazing that miami managed to win despite a 28-5 free throw differential in boston's favour (before intentional fouls)
Wasn't just FTs either. That Jaylen Brown travel where he elbowed Lowry in the chin for a no call was massive

Status
Not open for further replies.