• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biggest 1st round Fraud

• The Bulls

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • KD and Kyrie

Votes: 434 69.2%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 46 7.3%
  • KAT

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Kidd gets a ton of credit, but weren't pretty much all of these games not that close and until this final game, all right down the home court advantage line?

The first two games were clearly dominated by Suns, to the point that people were already claiming Suns in 4. They scored over 120 points and were in control most of the game. The games 3-7 played differently in my view. Even game 5 was very balanced until the 3rd quarter when Suns went into a huge run and nobody on Mavs was hitting anything. For me it was a progression for Mavs in the way they learned each game a bit more on Suns. But maybe I'm imagining it and it's just the home advantage which is enough to win you games.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
He did, but I think the Turner part of it was speculation. The only thing he sounded certain on was Indiana being interested.

Yeah this happens to Simmons a ton. I hate 'the aggregators' bit he does which is so self-important, but to be fair he constantly is having his words around a free-flowing discussion taken out of context and reported. It's weird; we have plenty of good, connected NBA reporters.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
He did, but I think the Turner part of it was speculation. The only thing he sounded certain on was Indiana being interested.

Yeah no thats what I mean. He was referring to it as something that was talked about during the season, not something he thought could happen now. Especially with how many changes Indiana already made (and frankly they were rumored to be trading with seemingly everyone during the season so I'm not sure how much credence you can actually give to any individual interest from months ago).

DeAndre Ayton unless Im mistaken is going to be a restricted Free Agent this summer, so any talk of a trade has to take that into account and consider that he essentially has some say in how it all plays out.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
tbh I think the most likely spots for Ayton are Portland or Toronto

Dame seems to want him

Oct 27, 2017
Bev on First Take today is pure entertainment. I'm just getting caught up to this. Just straight up scorched earth. Lol. Usually I can't take much before I've had my fill but this shit is hilarious.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As opposed to caping for Pat Beverly, the man who got so damn salty after a loss he went up behind CP and shoved him like some 5th grader at the playground? The man who cried like he won a title after winning a play in game? The man who was on the Bubble Clippers?

Pat Beverly put on a clown show today because he knows thats what ESPN is looking for and he wants attention and a post playing career gig.
Honestly for me it's not about Pat Beverly but more about this notion that cause it's Chris Paul he can't say something about him cause he's gonna be a hall of famer or what not. I mean yeah CP3's a HoFer but he can still get shitted on for his play if it's been bad.

That's just how I fell I guess. I don't mind being in the minority on it.

Nov 7, 2017
Honestly for me it's not about Pat Beverly but more about this notion that cause it's Chris Paul he can't say something about him cause he's gonna be a hall of famer or what not. I mean yeah CP3's a HoFer but he can still get shitted on for his play if it's been bad.

That's just how I fell I guess. I don't mind being in the minority on it.
All you said is true but hell no Pat Beverley is not the guy to do it

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So if the Celtics can't get by the Heat is it time to blow up the roster and get a new coach and GM?

Is the general consensus that the Heat suck or something? Because they seem pretty good. As long as they don't get blown out or swept or anything I can't see this as being anything less than a successful season for them. Of course if this is a joke it just went whoosh way over my head.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Dang he even repeated his three names. But unless they can swing a decent sign and trade, there's no way they don't just match whatever offer he gets, right? I mean what other choices do they have?

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Dang he even repeated his three names. But unless they can swing a decent sign and trade, there's no way they don't just match whatever offer he gets, right? I mean what other choices do they have?
I'm not reading as much into it as Gerald is trying for (he also knows he's reaching a bit) but I think Monty is just being extremely careful not to address the DA situation right now. Bridges, Shamet, and Cam Johnson don't have contracts ending this year and DA is far and away the biggest name and dollar amount to deal with for the team over the summer.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
This had to be the highlight of Pat Bev's day:

ESPN needs to have a check ready for him the moment he retires. The atmosphere on FT today with him and JJ together was incredible.

Molly literally cackling off camera jeezus.

Status
Not open for further replies.