• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biggest 1st round Fraud

• The Bulls

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • KD and Kyrie

Votes: 434 69.2%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 46 7.3%
  • KAT

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
there is some slander going on

FS5b4GdVEAAnmG-

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Suns has a bunch of very talented players who instead of playing good basketball they choose to be this arrogant dirty playing hard flopping fuckball playing team.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It'd be nice if we could rehab our image to be a team that people respect someday instead of getting hot for a few years and then talking like we're the best thing since showtime basketball.

Honestly, that shit is relative, I wouldn't pay that any mind. Fandom on places like twitter and reddit is always toxic as hell. What's happening here is the attitudes of the Suns' players specifically is finally catching up to them now that they got beat in such an embarrassing fashion. The same thing happened to the Heat that first season Lebron joined and the 73-9 Warriors season. Both teams pissed off players across the league, so other players were more than happy to rub it in when they lost in the Finals.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, that shit is relative, I wouldn't pay that any mind. Fandom on places like twitter and reddit is always toxic as hell. What's happening here is the attitudes of the Suns' players specifically is finally catching up to them now that they got beat in such an embarrassing fashion. The same thing happened to the Heat that first season Lebron joined and the 73-9 Warriors season. Both teams pissed off players across the league, so other players were more than happy to rub it in when they lost in the Finals.
Oh I def get it, it's not ruining or affecting my day really. I just feel bad for the guys and Monty. Like others have said this will be their legacy until they can change it for themselves. Just an all-time, absolute collapse. For anyone who follows AZ sports though, this result isn't remotely surprising.

Nov 7, 2017
Strus really makes his hay on movement shooting. The Celts will just switch those actions though there are counters. Maybe Bam can make them pay a bit? The supporting cast is definitely deeper, but they don't have as good of a #2 perimeter shot creator as either the Bucks or Nets. It will be a change for sure in how the Celts have defended so far but this is a versatile connected defense. It'll have to be because the Heat get to 2nd, 3rd, 4th actions unlike their previous opponents.

I think my theory is those open looks will be a lot less open. Sure the Heat can make them, but as consistently as they need to?
Bam is an underrated passer as a big and he can probably make Boston pay for sure. I would argue that Herro is as good if not better #2 perimeter shot creator than anybody the Bucks trotted out and maybe even Kyrie

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Oh I def get it, it's not ruining or affecting my day really. I just feel bad for the guys and Monty. Like others have said this will be their legacy until they can change it for themselves. Just an all-time, absolute collapse. For anyone who follows AZ sports though, this result isn't remotely surprising.
As someone who is relatively indifferent to the Suns, I feel the worst for Monty, he is a great coach and seems like an even better guy. To a lesser extent, feel bad for guys like Booker (who got shit on early in his career for just being a good-stats-bad-team guy) and Javale (shit on for Shaqtin stuff).

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Lakers all in on Westbrook

Sources tell Sam Amick of The Athletic that prospective coaches have been asked how they would use Westbrook in their system. The takeaway for the coaches has been that maximizing the play of Westbrook is considered an important part of the job.

Viol8tor

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely love NBA days like these - when something so shocking happened the day before, that the aftermath is nuclear.

I'm bathing in this Suns slander.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Against the Mavs, Draymond missed 3 games and Klay missed 2. Why are people talking about Klay and Draymond guarding Luka? It will be Wiggins to start with. Did they not watch the games in the regular season? Wiggins have been guarding the best guard or SF since he's been on the team lol. The Warriors aren't like the Jazz or Suns that will allow Curry to be switched on Luka like how Luka dominated the Suns. Luka will get his points on Poole, Steph and whoever is on him. The key will be to stop the others similar to how they played the Nuggets. Kerr will make adjustments if things don't work. The Warriors defense is similar to the Celtics. They switch everything and know how to play help defense.
well, despite being a famous team, most national media don't really watches GS in depth, except like tim legler. Most of their takes are surface level, usually about 3s.
Everyone not knowing that wiggins will obviously be on luka is another highlight to that fact. Since kd left, people can't really name gs's roster.

no one knew who poole was until game 1 vs Denver. I personally never heard his name said until his late hot streak and that game vs Miami
they went from not knowing who poole was to suddenly saying he was better than Klay 🤣

they mostly box score watch GS and just check the the 3%. It's pretty obvious.
which is fine, I box score watch a lot of teams in the league haha. Cause thankfully I'm not paid to cover the nba lol

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Lakers all in on Westbrook

Sources tell Sam Amick of The Athletic that prospective coaches have been asked how they would use Westbrook in their system. The takeaway for the coaches has been that maximizing the play of Westbrook is considered an important part of the job.
If I were running an organization and attempting to find trade partners for Westbrook in an attempt to get him off the team, but uncertain if that will be successful or not - and I were also interviewing potential coaches for next year - I would absolutely ask them how they would maximize the play of Westbrook in the event trades did not work out and you were stuck with him for another year.

The Lakers FO could absolutely be all in on Westbrook - I just think that particular piece of information is a whole lot of nothing

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
damn

Rajon Rondo allegedly pulled a gun on the mother of his children and threatened to kill her during a heated altercation ... and the woman claims their kids witnessed the whole thing.

TMZ Sports has learned 36-year-old Ashley Bachelor, Rondo's former partner and mother of his two kids, filed for an emergency protective order in Louisville last week, requesting protection for her, her son and daughter ... and the story she tells about the alleged incident is scary.

Ashley Bachelor was granted protection for herself and her two children by a local judge

www.tmz.com

Rajon Rondo Allegedly Pulled Gun On Family During Scary Outburst

The mother of Rajon Rondo's kids claims the NBA star pulled a weapon on her during a scary outburst last week, and now she's asking a court for an emergency order of protection for her and their kids.

Last edited:
If I were running an organization and attempting to find trade partners for Westbrook in an attempt to get him off the team, but uncertain if that will be successful or not - and I were also interviewing potential coaches for next year - I would absolutely ask them how they would maximize the play of Westbrook in the event trades did not work out and you were stuck with him for another year.

The Lakers FO could absolutely be all in on Westbrook - I just think that particular piece of information is a whole lot of nothing
Yeah seems like a nothing story atm

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Wow. I came here to laugh at the Suns, but that Rondo news has me shook. get him tf away from those kids and get him some help or something.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every prospective coach for every team with a vacancy should be asked how they would maximize Westbrook. That should be a good barometer for their basketball acumen and ingenuity.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
allegedly.. according to Lil Wayne who was sitting behind the Suns bench... Monty told Ayton he was quitting on the team and that caused a confrontation and they had to be separated and Ayton never re-entered the game after that
If this is true, Monty needs to sit the fuck down. He already thinks he's the shit for reaching one final?

Status
Not open for further replies.