• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biggest 1st round Fraud

• The Bulls

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • KD and Kyrie

Votes: 434 69.2%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 46 7.3%
  • KAT

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If the decision comes between "toxic whiner who might have gifted the Raptors Ayton via his breaking of the Suns (emphasis on might, please pull it off, Masai)" and "antivaxxer who shouldn't have started in the All-Star game and is a disgrace to Canada for being an anti-vaxxer shitheel regardless of him getting the vaccine", i'm picking Mavs in 5.

Oh and the Warriors are old and will show up as washed and the future is now old man!

Last edited:

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Warriors also have dude that afraid entering his daughter to all-girl school because that gonna make her a lesbian (iggy)

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now with CP3 finally reaching washed territory, Ayton should go to the Pacers if their owner decides to cheap out. He would be feasting with Haliburton finding him for easy shots.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
I know the Suns and Hawks fucked up

but I'm still thinking about how the Kings took Marvin Fucking Bagley over Luka lol
- suns might let ayton go for nothing
- trae looked like the worst star player in the nba this playoffs
- bagley lmao

heck you can even include memphis with JJJ in the fucked up category since they could've offered 4 for 3 and take Luka.

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
Still feeling down about my Suns. Expectations are definitely gonna change. I think I'll be happy if they'll be a playoff team that exits the first round for several years.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017

72fb4a97dc499188fb7eebe7088af3e6.gif

Last edited:

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Lebron is one of the best to ever play. He has earned the right to talk some smack.

Booker and the suns have accomplished squadoosh.

There's also some truth to what he's saying, the team that acts the cockiest is often the one other players and fans are most looking forward to collapsing come the playoffs. The Heatles in 2011, the Warriors blowing that 3-1 lead in 2016, the fucking Clippers "new kings of L.A." stuff from 2020 lol

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
When you have CP3, Booker and Crowder each with their antics it's difficult not to be hated. It's like the biggest concentration of douchebaggery in NBA.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'd say Golden State in 6 or 7 versus the Mavs.

I can see the Boston/Heat series going either way tbh. The East is really good this year.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Couldn't watch the games live, but caught up today on the replays (without getting spoiled).

Celtics - Bucks was more of the same basketball goodness we've been seeing since Game 1. It was once again a huge battle and the difference really came down to Celtics role players hitting their 3s while the Milwaukee guards couldn't hit a shot. After 7 games they also finally managed to wear down Giannis, but the floor also shrank for that guy because of all the shots the Bucks were missing.

Mavs - Suns was shocking. I guess everyone is shocked at what happened though. The crazy thing is that Game 7s are often messy and that it's not uncommon for key players to miss their opening shots. Hell, the game was still close after the first quarter. The amazing thing is that nothing changed even in the second and third quarters. Remarkable stuff and a complete breakdown of Suns basketball.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
RE: the CP3 injury. This is definitely on Monty if he a) phased Cam Payne out of the rotation, b) overplayed CP3 over the past month and c) didn't go to Cam early to stop the bleeding once it was clear CP3 didn't have it last night.

And Ayton was getting bbq'd on defense last night, it's clear he didn't want to be out there a second longer.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
RE: the CP3 injury. This is definitely on Monty if he a) phased Cam Payne out of the rotation, b) overplayed CP3 over the past month and c) didn't go to Cam early to stop the bleeding once it was clear CP3 didn't have it last night.

And Ayton was getting bbq'd on defense last night, it's clear he didn't want to be out there a second longer.

With CP3, I think the true issue was that they didn't put the Pelicans away nearly fast enough. Paul had to work extremely hard in that series, also with Booker being injured a couple of games they had little choice. You can't afford to get intro a grindy first round like that though. Then Dallas got all the way to Game 7. It's too much. Warriors have been talking a lot about the importance of closing out as early as possible to get some rest.

Ayton did get owned a bit, but honestly that was more about Luka making tough shots. Not a ton you can do about that and Doncic basically owned every single Suns player offensively anyway, including Bridges. I don't think other bigs, besides maybe Adebayo, would have done any better.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Woke up still blown away by that Suns loss.

Booker got booed hard by his own fans after that turnover in the 3rd quarter. I'd imagine thats the kind of thing that can haunt a player and affect them mentally for a long time and who knows - might even have a Ben Simmons affect where it paralyzes you with anxiety. I give Booker a lot of shit but I really wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Here's to hoping the Mavs wipe the floor with Curry's mouth guard and face off against the Celtics in the final.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I like Luka since he went from always complaining to refs, to creepily smiling. Like, you think you're watching a comedy basketball movie, but it's actually a horror movie.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Bucks made Grant Williams beat them and he did. The series came down to 3 points shooting just like I thought it would.

Heat are good but Butler aint Giannis. I think Tatum will guard him alot.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
either Curry or Luka in the finals is a win for the league.

i think Celts - Warriors would be THE final out of the possible combinations left.

worst would probably be Heat - Mavs but even that has the history of the two finals.

Oct 25, 2017
Bucks made Grant Williams beat them and he did. The series came down to 3 points shooting just like I thought it would.

Heat are good but Butler aint Giannis. I think Tatum will guard him alot.
This heat team is much better than the same heat team that faced the Celtics in the bubble and also this Celtics team barely scraped by a bucks team missing one of its all stars.

This is gonna be heat in 5 or 6

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Love CP3 forever but I'm glad the Suns lost. They're so cocky for no reason at all which made me dislike them

Yes part of me still want to see CP3 win a ring, but not with those cocky pricks

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck Suns got blipped like that?
WOW still at lost of words, that was a no contest, that game 7 was Nets level of fraud.

I'm anxious for Miami series, let's see how Udoka will change the tactics, at least C's have Al to guard Bam, If Lowry back this will come to how many flops him and Smart can get away with, Strus and Herro 3pt production vs C's role players. I feel like Celtics can win this one too, i hope so, they didn't avoid shit and deleted KD and hold Giannis, they deserve that shot.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017

CP definitely wasn't overplayed the last month. He only played 7 games after the all star break due to his hand injury with a number of them being to get his conditioning back.

It was around game 3 or 4 where his play changed and he stopped shooting for whatever reason.

FG attempts by game:

First round

Second round

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
CP definitely wasn't overplayed the last month. He only played 7 games after the all star break due to his hand injury with a number of them being to get his conditioning back.

It was around game 3 or 4 where his play changed and he stopped shooting for whatever reason.

FG attempts by game:

First round

Second round
Clearly something wrong. Only explanation is injury.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
This heat team is much better than the same heat team that faced the Celtics in the bubble and also this Celtics team barely scraped by a bucks team missing one of its all stars.

This is gonna be heat in 5 or 6

Giannis is the best player in the world and the Heat offense is gonna struggle if they smother Butler. If Williams is healthy I'd go Cs in 5 but probably Cs in 6.

And you are not giving Tatum any credit for being a significantly better player than in the last ECF. The zone they ran that he couldn't pass out of isn't going to work this time, which is what gave the Cs fits.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
I had Bucks v Suns rematch, so now that's dead I'll go with the underdogs and say Mavs-C's. More confident in the C's upset than in the west, but Luka is ballin so I think that one is going 6 or 7 regardless. What's Lowry's status at this point?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Celtics in 6, Warriors in 6. Celtics probably chipping in that scenario

Also this playoffs has absolutely cemented Tatum as top ten. At this point it's tempting to rank him above Curry.

WindUp

Oct 30, 2017
I mean to be fair about Wiggins he did get vaccinated. It's stupid that he didn't want to but I also wouldn't group him in with Kyrie who was much more vocal about the vaccine being a "measure of control" and has still not received it.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly suns were showing trouble in the first round vs the pels so not too surprised this happened. But still crazy.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Main just rooting for Warriors to win because I think both Celtics and Heat would spank the Mavs pretty bad.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
PatBev is really good on TV

Out here saying he was talking to Paul George last night about how no one is afraid of Phoenix and that's why they lost. lmao

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
PatBev is really good on TV

Out here saying he was talking to Paul George last night about how no one is afraid of Phoenix and that's why they lost. lmao
Bev is taking this chance to just go all in on the Suns. Was pretty much saying the Suns were a bunch of scrubs and how they're regular season frauds and CP3 choked.

Status
Not open for further replies.