• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biggest 1st round Fraud

• The Bulls

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • KD and Kyrie

Votes: 434 69.2%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 46 7.3%
  • KAT

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaVeed

Banned
Jun 21, 2020
If Draymond puts half as much effort into playing basketball as he does podcasting, I would feel much better about this series. As it stands, I think whoever wins game 6 will win the series (obviously, in the warriors case). Yesterday, Steph said game 6 will show what they're made of, so if they don't come out and play with a sense of urgency, especially after last nights embarrassing performance, then it's series over for Warriors.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still waiting on the legit tell all of wtf happened that prevented Philly from keeping Jimmy Butler.

Seems like it was "eh, I aint about to steal Ben's job, I'm out" kind of situation..

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I swear The Warriors are the most frustrating team to watch sometimes. They make some of the most boneheaded mistakes that is well below their veteran/champion status. It's like, "I know goddamn well that y'all can do much better than this." Because when they are firing on all cylinders no team can stop them.

I will say this though, this game proves why they need Kerr.

The Bucks/Celtics series has legit been the most exciting so far though, and I do believe that whoever wins that series will make the Finals.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Listening to sports radio out here in Denver, and I don't think it has really hit me how dumb a lot of NBA media and fans guys are. Every reason given as to why Jokic is the clear MVP is met with bullshit like "he can't jump, he's not well known enough because he plays for a small market team, he couldn't win more than one game in the playoffs, the regular season doesn't matter, etc" despite having a literal historic season.

No one seems to talk about how without Jokic they're the worst team in the NBA by far. Feels like the same "logic" they were using when Tim Duncan won back to back MVPs except there are more than a few knuckleheads claiming that no white player should ever win the award.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still waiting on the legit tell all of wtf happened that prevented Philly from keeping Jimmy Butler.

Seems like it was "eh, I aint about to steal Ben's job, I'm out" kind of situation..
He didn't get along Ben and he wanted the Max, Philly thought they didn't need him as much as Ben so instead of giving him the max they sign and traded him to Miami

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Tatum caught hiding way over in the far deep three corner, not even trying to get open on the play where Jrue blocked then threw it off Marcus was such a bad look.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to sports radio out here in Denver, and I don't think it has really hit me how dumb a lot of NBA media and fans guys are. Every reason given as to why Jokic is the clear MVP is met with bullshit like "he can't jump, he's not well known enough because he plays for a small market team, he couldn't win more than one game in the playoffs, the regular season doesn't matter, etc" despite having a literal historic season.

No one seems to talk about how without Jokic they're the worst team in the NBA by far. Feels like the same "logic" they were using when Tim Duncan won back to back MVPs except there are more than a few knuckleheads claiming that no white player should ever win the award.

Sports radio is the fucking shits

Gotta talk about this shit for hours, every single day. When there's probably 20 minutes worth of shit to talk about, tops.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Tatum caught hiding way over in the far deep three corner, not even trying to get open on the play where Jrue blocked then threw it off Marcus was such a bad look.

Yup, they both acknowledged it. Not sure what the miscommunication was.

Lack of another TO killed them down the stretch.

I haven't got over it yet.

Last edited:

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
He didn't get along Ben and he wanted the Max, Philly thought they didn't need him as much as Ben so instead of giving him the max they sign and traded him to Miami

Yeah, the reports in the year after is that he basically felt the same way about Simmons that Harden felt about Kyrie (Embiid is the KD in this analogy obvi). Kind of a warning to superstars to not stan for teammates who have questionable drive to play basketball.

Jimmy led the team in scoring that last series, I don't know how you were going to convince him that Ben was the #1/#2 guy going forward.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017

Yup, they both acknowledged it. Not sure what the miscommunication was.

Lack of another TO killed them down the stretch.

I haven't got over it yet.

That's one play. They played like ass for 10 minutes straight and could have shot FT's for 8 minutes of them but played like morons hoping time would run out instead of taking the game and being aggressive.

Oct 26, 2017
Hard to get luckier than the Celtics have against the Bucks and yet they trail 3-2, meanwhile, Nate's dogshit model had these odds pre-postseason.

unknown.png

At some point, 538 has to actually try to fix this trash. Putting the Celtics as easy favorites when they have five non-offensive threats in their 8 man rotation... What are you doing.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Hard to get luckier than the Celtics have against the Bucks and yet they trail 3-2, meanwhile, Nate's dogshit model had these odds pre-postseason.

unknown.png

At some point, 538 has to actually try to fix this trash. Putting the Celtics as easy favorites when they have five non-offensive threats in their 8 man rotation... What are you doing.

Celts could've won this series in 5 despite Robert Williams missing significant time, am I missing something? If anything the Nuggets' ranking on 538 is the most egregious.

Oct 26, 2017
Celts could've won this series in 5 despite Robert Williams missing significant time, am I missing something? If anything the Nuggets' ranking on 538 is the most egregious.

Rob Williams being out and Marcus Smart being out at various times has massively helped Boston by improving their spacing. Meanwhile, the Bucks have had to start Wes Matthews to replace Middleton. They are playing a team that is totally beat to shit and very tired and has no depth to make up for it and they are down 3-2.

That's not a team that should have had a 34% probability of winning the title.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think the Bucks win the title this year, but imo

Giannis' title last year put him firmly above Karl Malone and Barkley
Giannis winning this year would put him solidly above Kobe and Wilt.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What is up with the Ewing theory Grizzlies? Ja is obviously an awesome player, but we have such a sample size now. It feels awkward at this point.

Oct 26, 2017
What is up with the Ewing theory Grizzlies? Ja is obviously an awesome player, but we have such a sample size now. It feels awkward at this point.

Grizzlies without Ja have five good defenders on the court at all times which is extremely helpful as it kills switch hunting.

Tyus Jones is also a much better shooter than Ja and Tyus Jones is probably a better floor general.

Ja is an all-time interior scorer, but shooting and defense are the most important things in basketball.

Oct 25, 2017
he's also small, super reliant on his athleticism and can't shoot.
his prime is much shorter if he doesn't improve those things considerably.
Small markets like Memphis get a star who can sell tickets and jerseys like Ja every once a blue moon
Ownership wouldn't trade Ja for anything, let's be real

I'd bet they have better attendance and nationwide interest now than at any point in the grit and grind era

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Small markets like Memphis get a star who can sell tickets and jerseys like Ja every once a blue moon
Ownership wouldn't trade Ja for anything, let's be real

I'd bet they have better attendance and nationwide interest now than at any point in the grit and grind era
i wasn't seriously suggesting that they should.
they obviously won't

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

For....acquiring Steven Adams? Their one significant transaction.

If we count the offseason/draft, then we'd have to acknowledge they gave up Valanciunas to acquire Adams. That's a downgrade, sorry. Ziare looks good though.

To be honest, I don't really see a standout FO move this year. The Harden/Simmons trade didn't help the Nets out and the 76ers were about the same pre-Harden record-wise. The Thad Young/Dragic trade was stupid since they gave up a first, mid or no, the KP trade seemed to be working out for Dinwiddie and Tingus but Bertans still has the worst contract in the NBA.

I guess the Spurs should be commended for getting essentially 2 firsts for DeMar after the Young/Dragic trade and another first for White along with a stupidly good pick swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.