• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biggest 1st round Fraud

• The Bulls

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • KD and Kyrie

Votes: 434 69.2%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 46 7.3%
  • KAT

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of you are looking at it from a purely numbers and analysis sense. You cannot as a small market get away with coming off of a huge successful season trading away one of the franchise headliners. Whether it should or shouldn't happen, they ain't trading Zion.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
14 for 14 isn't finishing it? Come on lol
I'm guessing your ban baiting by pulling stuff from over an hour ago?

I'm good, CP3 a dirty ass motherfucker and you know it, played on my team long enough to know it as well, and it only got worse since… but the season ended on a high note for the Pels and what the Pels did is incredible. City responded and the Pels have a bright future, we'll be back with the best player on either team and see who's who.

Credit to the Suns for knowing how to manage the series, even if it was often in a way I don't always respect. They're a good team and have nothing but good things to say for Monty

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
I think a lot of you are looking at it from a purely numbers and analysis sense. You cannot as a small market get away with coming off of a huge successful season trading away one of the franchise headliners. Whether it should or shouldn't happen, they ain't trading Zion.
That decision isn't up to the Pelicans. Zion is calling the shots here, and if he wants to leave that's what's going to happen.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018

Yeah, because they've never traded away their franchise star before.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
FReiNayXIAAzg8a

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
aww damn Raptors lost. my bets continue the L streak. I preferred 76ers but wanted Raptors to advance for the meme culture. then at the 2nd round would hope for Miami to sweep them with a 20 point difference per game. oh well hopefully next season they can start being irrelevant and be the Sac Kings of the East until I'm on my deathbed

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Did anyone watch Zion at all this series???

I feel like after every game we get this silliness

Zion has been the BIGGEST cheerleader for this team and his Dad has been on local radio saying how much he and Zion want to get back on the court for the PELS, not some wishful thinking glamour market that missed the playoffs

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Who in their right mind is trading a lottery pick for Zion, when he is 300+ pounds with a bad foot?

Dude is in Greg Oden territory right now, except Greg was actually working his ass off to be in shape and make it back onto the court.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That decision isn't up to the Pelicans. Zion is calling the shots here, and if he wants to leave that's what's going to happen.

It's really not. He ain't signing the QO coming off all these injuries, even if he did want to. And there's not a lot of tangible evidence that he would have done it regardless.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Who in their right mind is trading a lottery pick for Zion, when he is 300+ pounds with a bad foot?

Dude is in Greg Oden territory right now, except Greg was actually working his ass off to be in shape and make it back onto the court.
Kings or Blazers.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
These teams are tight. Gotta loosen those cheeks and play

Also-are twitter embeds not working for anyone else?

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's really not. He ain't signing the QO coming off all these injuries, even if he did want to. And there's not a lot of tangible evidence that he would have done it regardless.
It's been media/fan driven wishful thinking and his family has strongly hinted that that, and the weight shit, is why he has gone radio silent with the media.

Frankly if anything, the schoolyard bullying and constant attempts to drive a wedge have seemingly brought him closer to the Pels and supposedly he and CJ have been spending a lot of time together

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's been media/fan driven wishful thinking and his family has strongly hinted that that, and the weight shit, is why he has gone radio silent with the media.

Frankly if anything, the schoolyard bullying and constant attempts to drive a wedge have seemingly brought him closer to the Pels and supposedly he and CJ have been spending a lot of time together

I don't think it was 100% media, as there were reliable local insiders saying there was friction between Zion's camp and the team both in the bubble and last season. It seems to have become a lot more smooth in the past year or so. Right now there are no indications he's unhappy or at odds with the front office.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe the Pels fall apart in a few years or BI/Zion have a Shaq/Kobe like fall out(which I do actually think has real merit and Antonio Daniels had some deafening silence on BI's distaste for Point Zion last season), but Zion ain't ending up on another team this year or next, unless Griff royally fucks up the offer, he'll be a max player in waiting next season

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing your ban baiting by pulling stuff from over an hour ago?

I'm good, CP3 a dirty ass motherfucker and you know it, played on my team long enough to know it as well, and it only got worse since… but the season ended on a high note for the Pels and what the Pels did is incredible. City responded and the Pels have a bright future, we'll be back with the best player on either team and see who's who.

Credit to the Suns for knowing how to manage the series, even if it was often in a way I don't always respect. They're a good team and have nothing but good things to say for Monty
Ban baiting? Get over yourself lol I just didn't see the notification. He was perfect all game so just change the numbers to whatever it was at the time. Dude put in work tonight from start to finish.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think it was 100% media, as there were reliable local insiders saying there was friction between Zion's camp and the team both in the bubble and last season. It seems to have become a lot more smooth in the past year or so. Right now there are no indications he's unhappy or at odds with the front office.
There was disagreement for sure, but not the catastrophizing that it has been made out to be, as his own father and Antonio Daniels has said publicly, there are gonna be disagreements, beliefs one way was better than the other, but that doesn't mean a conspiracy to strong arm a way out is afoot.

I mean I've been to many of these games and it's crazy the disconnect you hear from fans and the media and what you actually see with Zion and how much he clearly loves being around his teammates and on the sidelines. This ain't AD with his late Pels attitude and clear displeasure signaling

If anything, the most cynical interpretation is it appears like he and his camp are angling for the best max form the Pels they can demonstrate.

Last edited:

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
It's been a remarkably disappointing night of basketball so far, where all the interesting things that could have happened didn't happen.

So now I'm rooting for the Jazz this game, because I want to see a game 7 where the Jazz lose, and they lose because Donovan didn't pass Gobert the ball.

I want memes.

Nov 27, 2017
California
I see the pelicans choked
Zion definitely asking out
They'll take a top 5 pick if the Knicks get it, add in Fournier and Randle which is a washed Zion lite and the Pelicans will do it

Status
Not open for further replies.