• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biggest 1st round Fraud

• The Bulls

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • KD and Kyrie

Votes: 434 69.2%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 46 7.3%
  • KAT

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Dudes like Royce are funny. Go ahead and stay as close to those Republican clowns as you can. All you're doing is guaranteeing they can hang you first when the purge starts.

Oct 25, 2017
But the radical shift in White's rhetoric has left some former teammates, coaches, friends and family stumped — and saddened.

"It's all f---ed up," said one former coach, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he hoped to salvage a relationship with White. "I think — I hope — he's doing it because no one on the left is going to give him that platform that he's getting on the right. He's smart enough to realize the power of this platform even though deep down inside he knows that the people he's associating with are despicable. They've said things about his race are despicable. He's not an idiot."

During that interview with Bannon, White discussed the NBA as being part of a "neoliberal, globalist, Marxist, radical-materialist establishment" and talked about how faith in God helped him outlive his perceived adversary, the Jewish former NBA commissioner David Stern, who was 49 years older than White. Twice in the interview, Bannon expressed his belief that White was further to the right than he was. And as it wound down, he gave White a ringing endorsement.
So he is grifting with all the old hits

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Maybe he just likes basketball?

I mean - I agree with you. These athletes that have such contentious relationships with the media or any sort of authority always make me think they should just retire, as well... but maybe they just like the game and deal with the rest because they have to.

That being said, I've never liked Kyrie as a player but... to be nice about it... I do find him to be a fascinating person. I would love to read a book about him to try and understand.
Oh I understand he might love the game and hate everything else. Tom Brady has it all but just can't stop playing football. I would say he can play bball anywhere but I guess it's a lot different playing with peers and for something. I feel like he'd be a lot better if he took the Marshawn Lynch approach with the media.

Empty Your Head

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 1, 2022
Royce White strikes me as a dude that could t get over his fear of flying and turned to whatever avenue possible to keep himself wealthy and on some level, in the public eye. I think he's a grifter full stop. His twitter reads like a Kanye West parody account.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized Kyries pinned tweet is him shilling NFTs while he's blasting these media pawns lmao

XHHk15E.png

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017

Dray giving his post game reaction on his pod late last night. Showing love to Jokic and Boogie. Echoing some of the stuff I was saying last night about DeMarcus. Dray's really getting a good handle on this media side gig.

Oct 27, 2017
NBA has really become the No Fun Allowed league. Remember when players would dunk on someone and then stand over them and rub it in? I member. Fun times. Great posters.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017

Dray giving his post game reaction on his pod late last night. Showing love to Jokic and Boogie. Echoing some of the stuff I was saying last night about DeMarcus. Dray's really getting a good handle on this media side gig.

Damn he has a lot of energy - straight from an nba game to a podcast about the game later that night? Nice.

The platform definitely allows them to control more of their own voice in the narrative instead of reporters looking for sound-bytes after games that might not even be in context.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Damn he has a lot of energy - straight from an nba game to a podcast about the game later that night? Nice.

The platform definitely allows them to control more of their own voice in the narrative instead of reporters looking for sound-bytes after games that might not even be in context.
He's been doing that for most of the series. It's been pretty great so far.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I don't hate the Sixers at all. I don't hate Doc.

I like Embiid. Hell, I'm one of 12 people on the planet who likes Harden.

And Canada is… a country.

But I do have a "watch the world burn" need to see the Raptors make the 3-0 comeback. The memes will be way too good.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I don't hate the Sixers at all. I don't hate Doc.

I like Embiid. Hell, I'm one of 12 people on the planet who likes Harden.

And Canada is… a country.

But I do have a "watch the world burn" need to see the Raptors make the 3-0 comeback. The memes will be way too good.
It doesn't really count since Simmons isn't playing for the 76ers. Tell the whole story if it happens.

Last edited:

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
NBA Offseason 2022: Utah Will Bee Busy
NBA Offseason 2022: National Beekeeping Association
NBA Offseason 2022: Kyrie Bugging Me
NBA Offseason 2022: Honey Dipped MLE

Status
Not open for further replies.