• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biggest 1st round Fraud

• The Bulls

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • KD and Kyrie

Votes: 434 69.2%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 46 7.3%
  • KAT

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Steve Nash is being out coached by miles. I fail to see any adjustments they made to combat the Celtics D. He looks like a lost puppy on the sidelines. The end of the 3rd quarter was some of the worst basketball I've seen from Brooklyn.
What does Nash have to do with how they are playing?

"I don't really see us having a "head" coach," Irving said. "K.D. could be a head coach, I could be a head coach [some days]."

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
nets completely fucked up with the initial harden trade imo. i get the idea, but it was unnecessary. they had both stars and depth. that's ignoring the levert part of it, which was a good thing.

we'll see if simmons changes the dynamic in a positive way. he may be what they've been missing and can grow on that in year two, plus adding to fix their holes on defense.

it's okay to also just credit the celtics as just being a great team lol. udoka has done an incredible job after they bought in.

pop coaching tree goated tbh

Last edited:

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
nets completely fucked up with the initial harden trade imo. i get the idea, but it was unnecessary. they had both stars and depth. that's ignoring the levert part of it, which was a good thing.

we'll see if simmons changes the dynamic in a positive way. he may be what they've been missing and can grow on that in year two, plus adding to fix their holes on defense.

it's okay to also just credit the celtics as just being a great team lol. udoka has done an incredible job after they bought in.

pop coaching tree goated tbh

There was nothing wrong with the Harden trade. Mr anti Vaxx blew it all up. Kyrie being able to play off ball and having a ball handler on the floor at all times when subbing was ideal in theory since Kyrie is a great shooter. They did totally undervalue Jared Allen though.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
There was nothing wrong with the Harden trade. Mr anti Vaxx blew it all up. Kyrie being able to play off ball and having a ball handler on the floor at all times when subbing was ideal in theory since Kyrie is a great shooter. They did totally undervalue Jared Allen though.
it would've been interesting to see, but i don't know if expecting a peak harden/durant/kyrie offense to carry you for four rounds is sustainable in reality. but i guess it's possible. i think it's more their defense that was always gonna be a problem. maybe a healthy joe harris also makes a big difference. stick claxton (or maybe brown/mills if you wanna go small?) with those 4 and out-shoot everyone.

Oct 26, 2017
Kyrie being assured to get the max is very funny as Kyrie from age 26 to 30 produced significantly negative net value for his teams and he'll be 31 to 35 on a new max.

He's just done nothing at all in the last five years other than encouraging people to endanger their health while causing his teammates to hate him.

The one possible contract that could rival Michael Porter Jr's historically bad deal.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Giannis literally just won FVMP, scored a 50 piece in a Finals closeout game, and did it with Khris Middleton has his 2nd best player - that's all after getting b2b MVPs. Embiid and Jokic are not in striking distance of Giannis.
If jokic got a fmvp next year as i said. that would be the same as giannis with b2b mvps then chipping later. It'd be a conversation for sure same for other top players , lol not within striking distance. Every top player is close imo, and only small margins separate them.
One small decrease in play or playoff performace can potentially drop someone like Harden and AD from top 5 to top 10-15. Almost suddenly. Have to update the resume.

Oct 26, 2017
If jokic got a fmvp next year as i said. that would be the same as giannis with b2b mvps then chipping later. It'd be a conversation for sure same for other top players , lol not within striking distance. Every top player is close imo, and only small margins separate them.
One small decrease in play or playoff performace can potentially drop someone like Harden and AD from top 5 to top 10-15. Almost suddenly. Have to update the resume.

What are you talking about.

Harden is viewed as a fringe top 25 player now because all of his athleticism is gone and he can't score anymore. He's gone from 36 PPG to 23, that's not a small decrease.

Anthony Davis has gone from being viewed top 5 to fringe top 15 because he's missed 60% of his games the last two years, also not a minor thing.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Cause if the Nets don't, another team will easily give him a max contract.

"I don't really see us having a "head" coach," Irving said. "K.D. could be a head coach, I could be a head coach [some days]."
Lol, that's true. Kyrie said that stupid crap and I don't understand why. Even the great Kobe | Shaq combo couldn't win without Phil. Ask Del Harris.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Wonder if the bucks have thought about tanking a game because if they win in 5 and the Celtics sweep then they'd play on Friday or Saturday but if it gets extended they'll play next Monday probably

Definitely need Middleton because even at 50% he's still Jordan against the Celtics

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA

Yeah that's what sucks, Nash was kind of in a no win situation. It's clear why he was picked; if the Nets won the title he wouldn't get any credit because they have KD and Kyrie and had Harden but now they're losing he's gonna get the blame.

He's not all clear because coaching has to be a reason they lost Game 1 and 2 because they could've and probably should've won both. KD playing worst than washed Harden is a surprise though, dude is a turnover machine.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if the bucks have thought about tanking a game because if they win in 5 and the Celtics sweep then they'd play on Friday or Saturday but if it gets extended they'll play next Monday probably

Definitely need Middleton because even at 50% he's still Jordan against the Celtics

They have absolutely not considered tanking a playoff game, even a little bit.

But I do hope some reporter asks them that so I can see the visceral reaction in real time lmao

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest concern with Irving is for another super athletic dude, he is hitting that same age as Harden and Westbrook soon while being as injury prone as AD. 5year contract on that is a gamble.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bucks talking shit now just to be destroyed by Boston in the next round. Enjoy your last playoff series victory before you are no longer champions.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Status
Not open for further replies.