• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biggest 1st round Fraud

• The Bulls

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • KD and Kyrie

Votes: 434 69.2%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 46 7.3%
  • KAT

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skinny teeth teeth

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 21, 2022
Well deserved. Barnes had one of the best rookie seasons ever, it shouldn't have even been a discussion. No other rookie led their team to a playoff berth...why was this even in question lol

Oct 30, 2017
awesome news, totally makes up for this disastrous series. now let's get him back and win uh, four in a row

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SCOTTIE

SUCCESSFUL SEASON CONFIRMED I'M GONNA GO OUTSIDE FOR THE REST OF THE DAY

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
phily confirmed fraudulent, we don't even have our rookie of the year this series smhhhhhhhhhhhhh

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved. Barnes had one of the best rookie seasons ever, it shouldn't have even been a discussion. No other rookie led their team to a playoff berth...why was this even in question lol

Because rookies are only supposed to be on bad teams and put up big numbers lol

So happy for Scottie and high five to the voters for taking into account impact on winning.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
scottie-barnes-toronto-raptors.gif

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Did you see how high seeded the Cavs were before the team fell due to injuries?

Basically lost ROTY and COTY because players got hurt and the record/season tanked.

Mobley deserved it as much as Barnes, at least.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I do think Mobley should have won it and if the argument is wins, well the Cavs had a bigger increase in wins.

Doesn't really matter though. What does matter is the Magic got stuck with fucking Jalen Suggs after both of those guys. I'll never forgive the Cavs or Raptors for this travesty

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
"if I'm New Orleans, putting a call to Masai tonite once the Raps are swept to inquire about Scottie for Zion"
—probably some "analyst" at tonight's broadcasts

Oct 26, 2017

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I do think Mobley should have won it and if the argument is wins, well the Cavs had a bigger increase in wins.

Doesn't really matter though. What does matter is the Magic got stuck with fucking Jalen Suggs after both of those guys. I'll never forgive the Cavs or Raptors for this travesty

It makes you feel any better, a chunk of the Toronto hockey bball fanbase were jeering Scottie's pick at bars and social media on draft nite, hoping for Suggs.

Thankfully raptors management doesn't take advice from the hockey blogosphere.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
It makes you feel any better, a chunk of the Toronto hockey bball fanbase were jeering Scottie's pick at bars and social media on draft nite, hoping for Suggs.

Thankfully raptors management doesn't take advice from the hockey blogosphere.

Yeah it annoys me that Masai knew what he was doing. Conventional wisdom was Suggs > Barnes even though Suggs never handled the full point guard load at Gonzaga, lacked elite athleticism or size, was relatively old, wasn't a particularly great shooter, didn't have a great handle and wasn't much of a defender in college. I hated the pick when they made it and it went somehow even worse than I imagined. At least we got Franz with the 2nd pick though, a guy who normally wins ROTY if this class wasn't so stacked

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
www.sltrib.com

Andy Larsen: Donovan Mitchell lifted the Utah Jazz out of despair once. If he’s going to do it again, it’s up to him to be better

Jazz star guard Donovan Mitchell has earned significant organizational control in recent years — but in order to improve, the Jazz need more from him on both ends of the floor.

Jazz media finally going all out to point out how Mitchell has been unwilling to play winning basketball.
the fact that this type of article is being written about their star player before the series/playoffs is even over shows that this is bad

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I think Cade and Mobley would've both been as deserving. They were incredible and this draft class is gonna be remembered for a long time.

And yes, definitely count me among those that wanted Suggs. And I still think he would've been a good pick for us. But Scottie is a generational talent and all-around great human being.

Excited to see how he develops in the next few years. He's still so unbelievably raw in some ways and still made a huge impact just by virtue of his hustle, physicality and basketball iq.

Hand the keys to Magic Barnes. Sorry, Fred.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
www.sltrib.com

Andy Larsen: Donovan Mitchell lifted the Utah Jazz out of despair once. If he’s going to do it again, it’s up to him to be better

Jazz star guard Donovan Mitchell has earned significant organizational control in recent years — but in order to improve, the Jazz need more from him on both ends of the floor.

Jazz media finally going all out to point out how Mitchell has been unwilling to play winning basketball.
I had clue he came out of college as a defensive player 😬🤷🏻‍♂️

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I think Cade and Mobley would've both been as deserving. They were incredible and this draft class is gonna be remembered for a long time.

And yes, definitely count me among those that wanted Suggs. And I still think he would've been a good pick for us. But Scottie is a generational talent and all-around great human being.

Excited to see how he develops in the next few years. He's still so unbelievably raw in some ways and still made a huge impact just by virtue of his hustle, physicality and basketball iq.

Hand the keys to Magic Barnes. Sorry, Fred.

I would respectfully disagree about Cade. Pistons were a special kind of awful this year - not Cade's fault - but compare that to Mobley and Barnes who were visibly invaluable to their squads, especially on the defensive end. Mobley and Barnes were top 1 or 2 defensive players on already decent teams.

Cade has the higher upside offensively but until it translates into closer games (heh not even wins, just better losses!), it's kind of a tough comparison against the other two.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I would respectfully disagree about Cade. Pistons were a special kind of awful this year - not Cade's fault - but compare that to Mobley and Barnes who were visibly invaluable to their squads, especially on the defensive end. Mobley and Barnes were top 1 or 2 defensive players on already decent teams.

Cade has the higher upside offensively but until it translates into closer games (heh not even wins, just better losses!), it's kind of a tough comparison against the other two.
It took Cade a while to get going, with the injury to start the year and getting acclimated to the league, which is why he didn't win.

But he put it together after the All star break and looked every bit like the all-around offensive engine that made him top pick. The pistons will be very good in time and a lot of that will be because of Cade.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
On this occasion, we give praise and thanks to our saviour, without whom, Scottie would never have been our franchise's future.

aron-baynes-raptors.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.