• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biggest 1st round Fraud

• The Bulls

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • KD and Kyrie

Votes: 434 69.2%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 46 7.3%
  • KAT

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad I didn't watch this game.

FQ6ekx5X0AAzyQ6

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Woke up today to find out that only Jokic and finally Gordon showed up. But as always, the Nugs are playing with bench players and washed former starters. All of us Nuggets fans knew we weren't going to come close to winning this series, so last night's outcome was as good as it was going to get. Next season is the year they return to being a favorite to reach the Finals with healthy MPJ and Murray.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I can't tell if it's the Twolves curse or the Chuck prediction curse or a combination of both, but man that win probability chart is probably the craziest I've seen for a playoff game.

"Go home drink some wine"

Has Bean

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Still feeling sick about that Wolves loss. KAT did shit the bed but credit to the Grizzlies defense. They smothered him and made him play dumber than usual.

What I keep going back to is Finch not calling a timeout during that run…wtf was he thinking

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Ja is pretty satisfied for playing like shit against a play-in team. Wow, you came back from big deficits. Wow, you got down by big deficits against the Wolves. 👀

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
KAT took 4 shots. That's some Jimmy Butler guarding him in practice while yelling at the GM that he's trash, as he dribbles the ball off of his foot.

Oct 26, 2017
The Nuggets desperately need to trick a young team into thinking that MPJ has a future in the NBA and take good role players for him.

eg, MPJ for salary filler, Lu Dort, and Kenny Hustle would make them instant title favorites.

(I doubt OKC is dumb enough to do that one)

But the basic idea is there. Find a team desperate for star power that is willing to convince themselves that MPJ isn't finished.

Without dumping MPJ for good role players, their future is much less clear and more mediocre.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
The Nuggets desperately need to trick a young team into thinking that MPJ has a future in the NBA and take good role players for him.

eg, MPJ for salary filler, Lu Dort, and Kenny Hustle would make them instant title favorites.

(I doubt OKC is dumb enough to do that one)

But the basic idea is there. Find a team desperate for star power that is willing to convince themselves that MPJ isn't finished.

Without dumping MPJ for good role players, their future is much less clear and more mediocre.
When you can Max extend a player who has never played a full season, has medical concerns and isn't going into free agency you have to do it.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would have taken Embiid as MVP, but even so the slander against Jokic is ridiculous. Jokic could score 0 points per game in the playoffs and he would still be deserving of his regular season award. The two things have literally nothing to do with each other.

If regular season MVP has to come with some kind of guarantee of playoff success then we should change "Most Valuable Player" to "The Best Player on the Best Team" which is a completely different thing. Then you would have guys like Jimmy Butler getting MVPs.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
that was like a night of slander for the wolves, jazz and nuggets. I guess the nuggets did the best they could though

soul creator

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda feel bad for Jazz fans (my wife is originally from Utah, so I interact with them more than usual these days, lol), but knowing it's the Mavs without Luka causing all the stress is kinda funny. My initial vibes-based prediction about the Mavs winning the series is seeming pretty solid right now.

Series still isn't over though, we were hype after going up 2-0 on the road against the Clippers last year too, lol (though tbf the Clippers were a way better coached team than this year's Jazz, and Kidd >>>> Carlisle with mostly the same roster)

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
West first round might be pretty underwhelming unless the Pels make a real run without Book.

The only people who hate Royce more than Mavs fans are Jazz fans (Royce is one of the worst defenders in the league and is a below average offensive player and the Jazz have refused to replace him for the last 5 years even after Royce got lit up for 45 PPG against Jamal Murray)

You really gotta stop with the hyperbole. This isn't even close to being arguable. I could post a bunch of numbers (Raptor, on/off, etc) but it's not even reasonable at a base level.

That team has to get way more dynamic in some way though.

I'm really curious if Ainge has another full teardown and rebuild in him.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
The only people who hate Royce more than Mavs fans are Jazz fans (Royce is one of the worst defenders in the league and is a below average offensive player and the Jazz have refused to replace him for the last 5 years even after Royce got lit up for 45 PPG against Jamal Murray)
If the league suspends him a game for that cheap shot, it will be hard for the Jazz to replace *checks notes* ZERO fga in 32 minutes.

Like seriously that has to be super rare. That's like 2011 Joel Anthony numbers

Oct 26, 2017

Hmm, a bit surprised.

It's an obvious and right move. He couldn't motivate LaMelo to defend and it's playoff death to have a guy who is a bottom 15 defender in the league on the court.

Hornets learning from the Jazz's mistakes (Quin should have been fired after the Nuggets loss).

#1 most important thing for the Hornets is finding a coach who is normal (meaning not Thibs) and can get LaMelo to defend.

M3z_

Oct 30, 2017
I thought KAT got super lucky and avoided the slander spotlight being put on him after his terrible performance in the play in game got overlooked because he was carried by Edwards and Russell, but sure enough he found himself another opportunity to get himself roasted.

Oct 26, 2017
What team would realistically want KAT

Literally any team that has a non-shooter in their starting lineup?

The Nets would kill for KAT as he's the only player in the league that could function with Simmons.

KAT is the only true stretch 5 in the NBA with Chet as the only guy on the horizon who could be that (Myles Turner and Porzingis are just not nearly good enough at shooting to draw defensive attention)

soul creator

Oct 27, 2017
The other thing I just thought of is that Powell has been kinda terrible stat wise this series without the Luka pick and roll…but it hasn't really mattered. Be interesting to see if it goes back to full Lukaball when he's back in the lineup, or if they still mix it up a bit to keep the Jazz off balance.

Either way, it's a good sign that they can still win games even without their usual playing style

edit: the other irony…Gobert would probably be an amazing center for the Mavs. With DFS and Bullock as wing defenders, and running the pnr with Luka, he'd get so many fucking lobs lol.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Nuggets need shooters badly instead of picking up leftover garbage. I have hopes that Hyland will turn into one, but guys like Barton either need to be coming off the bench as a 6th man or gone. Dump Austin Rivers and Campazzo down to the G-league. Cousins is fine for a backup to Jokic. Desperately need a backup PG too. Morris ain't it.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I would have taken Embiid as MVP, but even so the slander against Jokic is ridiculous. Jokic could score 0 points per game in the playoffs and he would still be deserving of his regular season award. The two things have literally nothing to do with each other.

If regular season MVP has to come with some kind of guarantee of playoff success then we should change "Most Valuable Player" to "The Best Player on the Best Team" which is a completely different thing. Then you would have guys like Jimmy Butler getting MVPs.

People have dumb opinions. Best to let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.