• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biggest 1st round Fraud

• The Bulls

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • KD and Kyrie

Votes: 434 69.2%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 46 7.3%
  • KAT

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
It would be if it weren't for the weather and the stigma of being on a Canadian team.

Grew up in Toronto and the weather isn't even as bad as people make it out to be but unless you're a player from Canada, you probably think of of it as some mythical place where everything is covered in snow all year round.

It is a top 10 market, money wise. But for some reason people still think what Steve Francis said is true "Canada is too cold". Even after we won the chip, we didn't get any respect from the league. And now we are almost a perennial playoff team.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It is a top 10 market, money wise. But for some reason people still think what Steve Francis said is true "Canada is too cold". Even after we won the chip, we didn't get any respect from the league. And now we are almost a perennial playoff team.
Just gotta wait for Lu, SGA and RJ to become UFAs.

That or draft Zach Edey but uh...he's not on their level, he's just Canadian.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Nah, being told youre a bitch or a pussy and having to grow some thick skin because you are some professional is some dumb shit.

Booing (although still lame asf given this is now year 3 of Kyrie being out of Boston) is one thing but its clearly more than just booing. Fans have been basically bullying Kyrie since he left Cavs and its been on some OD shit since then.

At the end of the day, we are human beings. I'm not saying players can be going around flipping birds to anyone who booing when they are doing an inbound pass, but there is a limit and it is always crossed when we are talking about players like Kyrie.
Kyrie is an entertainer, his job is to go up on the stage and perform.

He gets hundreds of millions of dollars as compensation for professionally enduring tough crowds, that human being shit just doesn't reach me.

Away from the game, sure, be 100% you, but you're at work. Shit goes for him like it goes for us regular people. The kid working at the drive through gets fired for a middle finger. So fuck you rich guy.

If Kyrie had ever behaved like a professional leader as a player or a human being worthy of respect away from the court up until you and I are having this little convo, I'd cut him some slack, but... he hasn't so I give zero shits about him in particular getting heckled because of how sour he left things in Boston.

The fans in Boston are being petty because he was a shitty leader who accomplished nothing and left a failure. So what?

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Kyrie sucking as a leader and as a human being (the latter of which is not what Boston fans berate him for) and Boston fans being shitty aren't mutually exclusive.

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
Can we table talking about tired Canadian teams that are gonna be enjoying a frigid offseason in like 3 days and idiot racists berating idiot players in the heart of America's rear end and focus instead on the fraudulent Heat?

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Trae with that nice D....
yukon-vitamin-d-ad.jpg

Can we table talking about tired Canadian teams that are gonna be enjoying a frigid offseason in like 3 days and idiot racists berating idiot players in the heart of America's rear end and focus instead on the fraudulent Heat?
Denied, sit down. We will table those talks tomorrow to focus on the Fraudston Celtics.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Haven't watched much of the Hawks this year but tuned in the last quarter here....their defense is atrocious and Trae...uhhhhhhh

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Why foul down 10 with :45 left?
Gotta remind people that you can't enjoy the ending 2 minutes of a game.

Easy rule change to fix this: 2 shots and you retain possession of the ball on the 1st foul, 3 shots + possession on the 2nd one, then all other fouls in the last 2 minutes involve techs and 3 shots + possession.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Kyrie is an entertainer, his job is to go up on the stage and perform.

He gets hundreds of millions of dollars as compensation for professionally enduring tough crowds, that human being shit just doesn't reach me.

Away from the game, sure, be 100% you, but you're at work. Shit goes for him like it goes for us regular people. The kid working at the drive through gets fired for a middle finger. So fuck you rich guy.

If Kyrie had ever behaved like a professional leader as a player or a human being worthy of respect away from the court up until you and I are having this little convo, I'd cut him some slack, but... he hasn't so I give zero shits about him in particular getting heckled because of how sour he left things in Boston.

The fans in Boston are being petty because he was a shitty leader who accomplished nothing and left a failure. So what?
We can just end it here because neither of us are going to concede.

Oct 25, 2017
Since we're on a game break I'll say this about the Kyrie fine
The NBA is not an arbiter of morality, they're a business, everybody is about getting that paper
Of course they fined him, because it's bad for business for the players to be flipping off fans

If the players cared enough they could fight for the right to flip off whoever they want, but they prob know that ain't good for the bottom line either

Empty Your Head

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 1, 2022
Timberwolves need to move on from KAT. He just doesn't show up when you absolutely need him to do so. Edwards is who you build around. Maybe keep D-lo too

Empty Your Head

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 1, 2022
This is the TWolves we're talking about, this is the most success they've seen in a 2 decades plus lol
Their goal is just to be out the basement at this point

And now that they're out of the basement they should aim higher. I think KAT can be an incredible player at times but it's clear something isn't working here in big games. Better to trade him and build around Ant than hold out. Better for both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.