• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biggest 1st round Fraud

• The Bulls

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • KD and Kyrie

Votes: 434 69.2%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 46 7.3%
  • KAT

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Why is the Wolves/Grizzlies game on NBA TV? It's like the league is purposely relegating the best games each night to the network no one has.

this is the league/networks that put bad lakers and bad knicks game on national television for years irregardless of the team itself being complete dogshit. and new orleans games despite zion being out for the season.

they're still like 2 years behind on ja and ant.

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
I'm guessing that only the hot-take media is pushing this. They are looking improved but there is a huge deficiency in their interior defense (wiseman was supposed to be easing into this role) with the lack of size. I'd still favor the Suns (or Bucks or Sixers) over them because of it but not by much.

We lost to alot of teams this season without dray klay or steph available. no one really knows how this team will do against them in the playoffs but this GSW squad is not the same regular season squad at all

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
We lost to alot of teams this season without dray klay or steph available. no one really knows how this team will do against them in the playoffs but this GSW squad is not the same regular season squad at all
Yeah I agree we don't really know. We do know that the warriors are extremely undersized with no rim protection. Jokic can punish them without having anyone supporting him so it is very possible that other bigs with better supporting casts could feast. We'll probably see what happens at some point (Phoenix, Bucks, Sixers all have a dominant big man).

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
It's been very noticeable the last couple games how good he is at getting separation. His step back is really quick.

His first step has been great since before last year. Imo That's been noticeable before his shooting

He was just trash at layups

I remember saying last year a few times "yeah...poole needs to watch steph film on layups first before 3s" cause that was thr big difference between them. he can get by whoever. The issue was he didn't know how to adjust layups and would swatted easily. And he was a scared layup taker. Would jump at dumb angles and throw it Over the backboard rather than take contact and finish.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing that only the hot-take media is pushing this. They are looking improved but there is a huge deficiency in their interior defense (wiseman was supposed to be easing into this role) with the lack of size. I'd still favor the Suns (or Bucks or Sixers) over them because of it but not by much.
Oh was that the TV shows or something?

Yeah nothing about gs has changed this series against a bad Denver team. And its only 2-0, not 4-0
Fully healthy they're one of the contenders. Media overrated them, then underrated

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
How does a player of Ja Morant's stature seriously get voted for MIP? He's been considered a superstar.

Agreed. Never liked giving those awards to players on an obvious superstar trajectory and who were top 3 draft picks. Morant was even ROTY. There should be some element of unexpectedness to the award, not necessarily a player who just came out of nowhere but one who people weren't expecting to take quite that leap.

Jimmy Butler in 14-15 for example was an ideal choice as far as what the award should represent, since he became a much better scorer and serious 2-way threat while playing the same amount of minutes as the previous season, and he was also the 30th pick and started just 20 games his first two seasons.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
In that case it makes even less sense. Ja Morant is probably a more bankable "box office" type star than Booker, CP3, or any one on the pelicans.

CP3 got his longevity on his side. I kind of think of Ja as being in that Pre-MVP Giannis status right now if that makes sense.

Like hell, even with being the defending MVP & Champion on his team, the Bucks Coverage still gets overshadowed by the Sixers and Nets.

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
Yeah I agree we don't really know. We do know that the warriors are extremely undersized with no rim protection. Jokic can punish them without having anyone supporting him so it is very possible that other bigs with better supporting casts could feast. We'll probably see what happens at some point (Phoenix, Bucks, Sixers all have a dominant big man).

i dont think jokic is the problem player at all , im worried about ayton, giannis, embiid types. jokic is too slow to take us - GP2 has been blocking the shit out of him all season on the help defense

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Fully healthy, the Warriors would have easily been the #2 seed if not the #1 seed. They were smoking people, and split the games with Phoenix, before Draymond got hurt. Last night was a wakeup call of sorts that yea they're still serious title contenders and possibly right up there with Phoenix, that everybody just assumed was going straight to the Finals.

Phoenix has not played the Deadpoole lineup this season so who knows how it'll shape out. That will likely be a 6-7 game series. The major question for the Warriors is whether Poole can continue to play this great when games get tighter and big shots are required. If he continues to play like Curry then the Warriors will *easily* win the title (which I don't expect).

george karl gets sooo fucking salty about 1) melo's time with the nuggets 2) boogie's time with the kings

he's been taking unprompted swipes for years at them via twitter lol. I assume it's him tweeting, but he's getting up there in age too

George Karl likes to takes swings at his former players but the man has never won anything in his life, maybe if his racist ass was a better coach.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019

george karl gets sooo fucking salty about 1) melo's time with the nuggets 2) boogie's time with the kings

he's been taking unprompted swipes for years at them via twitter lol. I assume it's him tweeting, but he's getting up there in age too

Oh it's definitely him. George Karl is a major asshole. Basically every time he makes any news since he retired is when he spews invective at certain players. Even wrote a whole ass book doing just that.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Agreed. Never liked giving those awards to players on an obvious superstar trajectory and who were top 3 draft picks. Morant was even ROTY. There should be some element of unexpectedness to the award, not necessarily a player who just came out of nowhere but one who people weren't expecting to take quite that leap.

Jimmy Butler in 14-15 for example was an ideal choice as far as what the award should represent, since he became a much better scorer and serious 2-way threat while playing the same amount of minutes as the previous season, and he was also the 30th pick and started just 20 games his first two seasons.
Yes, exactly. MIP is (supposedly) reserved for guys who step up to be more than their projected expectations.

On that note it's wild to me that a guy like Fred VanVleet never got more than a few votes over the last three seasons. Dude went from averaging 8.6 ppg in 2017 to 20.3 ppg this season, increasing every year as his role expanded. Man improved from 11 points in 2018-2019 to 17.6 points in 2019-2020 yet finished at 10th in the MIP voting and didn't even make the 6MOTY list.

If Ja wins over Darius this year the award is becoming meaningless.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017

Adam silver will do whatever it takes to extend that Boston-Brooklyn series to 7 games.

Is that like 1/2 of a Thursday Night NFL game that the Jaguars vs Texans would draw?

On a side note Is Jokic the worst MVP about to get swept or the best MVP cuz he gave the bums he's playing with a chance to get swept.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017

This was the max, right? I'm sure the office also had a conversation with him - I bet we see him way less engaged directly with fans tomorrow.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana

This was the max, right? I'm sure the office also had a conversation with him - I bet we see him way less engaged directly with fans tomorrow.

Maybe, but the fans are gonna be on his ass tomorrow. We'll see of he responds with the same energy like he said he will. As a Celtics fan I only hope the fans keep it within the boundaries of the game. Any that go beyond the line can get banned from attendance.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA

I've been to so many games, I thought Lebron was the most hated but it seems Kyrie has taken the crown and he'll be king for a while. I imagine it wouldn't be so bad if he didn't talk so much shit after he left. Simmons in Philly seems like the only thing on that level but even then it's not like Simmons stays talking about Philly.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I want to see Simmons later in the series and immediately get hacked and see how he handles it at the line while getting heckled non stop.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone tryin to come up with a new nickname for Steph/Klay/Jordan? It's Super Splash Bros obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.