• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biggest 1st round Fraud

• The Bulls

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • KD and Kyrie

Votes: 434 69.2%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 46 7.3%
  • KAT

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Poole was drafted 28th. Some GSW fans thought he was a bust as recently as the start of last season. Warriors development has been on another level this year.

Was excited when they drafted him but will admit he didn't turn heads the first couple years but those were also bad teams in retrospect with Klay out and Steph missing a chunk of games.

But since Game 1 of this season his game has been at another level. Kudos to Poole, hard work pays off.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
Those Gobert shot attempt numbers look like a stat line Boban would put up, but he only plays in garbage time... Yikes

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Warriors man. That display was insane, I want to say they're back. A series with the Wolves (even as a sweep) and Suns would be amazing. Interesting collection of new teams in the NBA everywhere else, feels fresh. Which has this old guard Warriors team my sentimental favorite. Kind of '96 Bulls vibes too, when they were officially back. But this current league is deep.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Steve Nash won consecutive MVPs and never got a ring and I don't remember him being clowned for it.
Those Suns teams were also #1 in the west and made the conference finals each of those years iirc. There also wasn't a risk of them getting swept in the first round in blow out after blow out.

While I understand mvp shouldn't just be automatically given to the player on the team with most wins, maybe a top 5 in the nba record should be a serious consideration. The "if you swap players" argument doesn't work because both teams build differently if they swap super stars leading up to this year.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Seems as though I was too optimistic about my Nugs losing this series in 5. We're getting swept, and I'm fine with it. Jokic has led a bunch of overachieving bench players all season long, and that shit goes away real fast in the playoffs. That's even more true when going up against a championship caliber squad like the Warriors.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
That's not Gobert's fault though. That's how Jazz attacks. Gobert rarely gets the ball open in the post.

I feel like Gobert would average minimum 6 lobs per game if he played in BOS, ATL, CHA, DAL, GS, even BRK.

At some point it's malpractice that you can't get easy baskets with one of the longest players in the league, while plenty of other teams get a parade of dunks with less capable players.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Giannis won b2b
got blocked from winning a third because he was a playoff disappointment
team got healthy, improved then won it all

Jokic won b2b
will get blocked from winning a third because he's a playoff disappointment
team will get healthy next year....

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot handle people who use playoff games to argue against someone winning a regular season award. I just cannot handle that level of stupidity.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Send Mitchell to Knicks where he can fulfill the Carmelo role of putting up stats and winning nothing

skinny teeth teeth

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 21, 2022
If you put Gobert on a team like the Celtics or Raptors he would be an MVP candidate. The Jazz have done a terrible job building around him and it's sad to see an all-time great talent wasted.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Poole ascendancy is amazing to watch. The way he moves so deceptively is incredible - he just opens up a lot of space almost at will. He doesn't have quite the handles but there is something Kyrie-esque about him with the ball in his hands. Edit: OH YEAH - while we have known he is an incredible scorer, his passing last night was just at another level. I mean, wtf?

Also, as someone mentioned last night - it is hard to wrap my mind around the fact that an all-star starter is the worst player in the new 'death' lineup (yeah they need a new name for this).

Also, need more love for Draymond - by far the greatest triple-single player of all time (would laugh at the idea of trading him for the triple double guy). Watching him work defensively is watching absolute genius. The times the warriors struggled last night were when he and steph were both off the floor.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Poole ascendancy is amazing to watch. The way he moves so deceptively is incredible - he just opens up a lot of space almost at will. He doesn't have quite the handles but there is something Kyrie-esque about him with the ball in his hands.
It's been very noticeable the last couple games how good he is at getting separation. His step back is really quick.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Recent bias is so insane in the nba. The Warriors beat up a bad Denver team for two games and all of a sudden they are the west juggernaut to beat. Lmao, the media ridiculous.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine throwing the actual good first round game tonight between two blowouts and on NBA TV rather than TNT. I think it's time to ask...is Adam Silver the biggest fraud to ever live? 🤔

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Recent bias is so insane in the nba. The Warriors beat up a bad Denver team for two games and all of a sudden they are the west juggernaut to beat. Lmao, the media ridiculous.
I'm guessing that only the hot-take media is pushing this. They are looking improved but there is a huge deficiency in their interior defense (wiseman was supposed to be easing into this role) with the lack of size. I'd still favor the Suns (or Bucks or Sixers) over them because of it but not by much.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I think what makes the most sense for Utah is to trade away Mitchell and get more depth and youth to surround Gobert long term that compliment him and his style more. I don't think Mitchell is going to want to stay there even if they trade away Gobert and I'm not 100% sure he can win on his own without another similar talent landing in Utah... which seems unlikely.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
GSW was also considered a title favorite in the first half of the season before Green and Curry were injured. Now that they and Play are all rounding into form at once it's no surprise that GSW seems legitimately great. It's not just recency bias.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
The problem with GSW is if a fan throws a single piece of popcorn on the court and half their roster get injured slipping on it.

megabyte

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for the same energy that underplayed the Suns last year when they swept the Nuggets. I've seen some of it here, but of course it's different when it's the Warriors doing it.

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
Kyrie was on the team for 2 years and Boston fans hate him like he was there for 7+ years. Kyrie and Boston acting irrational as fuck.
idk, if you're going to say that the Celtics should show his highlights and move on from his time but
I'm guessing that only the hot-take media is pushing this. They are looking improved but there is a huge deficiency in their interior defense (wiseman was supposed to be easing into this role) with the lack of size. I'd still favor the Suns (or Bucks or Sixers) over them because of it but not by much.
yeah i mean i'm still honestly scared of grizzlies on how well they match up with us, and the suns can play through ayton. but i do feel better about the playoffs now that everyone is healthy (except wiseman lol)

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Scott Foster is the head zebra for the Suns game tonight. For all my betting friends out there, CP3 has lost 12 playoff games in a row when he officiated.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
How does a player of Ja Morant's stature seriously get voted for MIP? He's been considered a superstar.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is the Wolves/Grizzlies game on NBA TV? It's like the league is purposely relegating the best games each night to the network no one has.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
How does a player of Ja Morant's stature seriously get voted for MIP? He's been considered a superstar.
According to stan van gundy last night, he didn't vote for Poole because he was already good last year (despite spending time in the g-league). I'd love to see his ballot (I bet one or more of the finalists is on it).

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Raptors fans are and its very embarrassing. Some of them are on their Leafs shit right now and it needs to stop.

Scott Foster is the head zebra for the Suns game tonight. For all my betting friends out there, CP3 has lost 12 playoff games in a row when he officiated.
Silver made the call to put an end to "Suns in 4".

Foster is the Suns equivalent to the Raptors' Casey Curse.
No, everyone make fake Mitchell trades please.
Khem Birch and a second for Gobert is the real hot fakeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.