• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
I FUCKING KNEW IT. BRANDON, YOU FUCKING PUNK, I TOLD YOU THAT THE GAME WAS FIXED AND I DESERVED THAT W, I'M GLAD YOU GREW UP AND GOT DIVORCED TWICE YOU CLOWN! I'M GLAD YOU ALWAYS GOT TO USE THE SHITTY CONTROLLER TOO. YOU ARE NEVER COMING TO MY BACHELOR PARTY.
You need to find Brandon and challenge him and settle this once and for all, will these new developments, haha

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I remember hating it as a kid when Jordan was never in any of the games, and I didn't get why. I was so hype when he was finally included in NBA Live 2000.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
in a game where buzzer beating full court heaves land at a 50% probability, this isnt nearly as big of deal as people are making it out to be

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
That's a hard core fan!

Also, there needs to be a new NBA Jam
I concur. The 25th anniversary was back in 2018 and they missed a golden opportunity.

We have a whole new generation of stars in the league than when 'on Fire' came out. Steph was just starting out. Ditto for Kawhi. AD and Giannis weren't even in the league yet. Harden was a bench player. Lebron has since moved teams twice lol. Definitely time for an update.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
i think this was taken from this
www.youtube.com

How NBA JAM Became A Billion-Dollar Slam Dunk | War Stories | Ars Technica

Boomshakalaka! Today on War Stories, Ars Technica is joined by NBA JAM lead designer and programmer Mark Turmell to talk about the chaotic birth of an epical...
the whole doc/interview with mark turmell was pretty entertaining

Yep, that's the source. I helped prep the video and wrote up a blurb at Ars:

arstechnica.com

Boomshakalaka: How the original NBA Jam caught fire through chaos

Former Midway titan Mark Turmell talks rubber-banding, “on fire,” Michael Jordan.

But, again, this goes all the way back to GDC 2018, so I'll embed the tweet this time:

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the entire game, regardless of teams, coded to let you build a lead, then have the CPU come back as the quarter ended to create drama and tension and make people more likely to plunk down more quarters to continue the game?

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Someone may have already mentioned it, but it was to screw the Bulls, not Jordan. Jordan wasn't in the original release of NBA Jam

Deleted member 33567

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
if only this was the start viral marketing for the NBA Jam anniversary edition. Who owns this rights to this? Or has it lapsed?

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My fucking god will this forum stop the dogpile bullshit one day? It's more embarassing than the post quoted 50 times. Just let it go, ignore it ffs

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Between somebody in OT saying Karen is offensive, and somebody here saying a 16 bit MJ not making a shot in a video game is unethical, I feel like the trolls are out in full force.

Either that or they're just obtuse.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I remember all those Jordan rumors back in the day on how to unlock him. Turned out to be another Shen Long.

AGE2019

May 5, 2019
David Stern patched the league after Jordan went asking for help like a crybaby in 1990 this is just a little revenge for that.

Yup but now the league is softer than ever thanks to both Stern and Silver.
Its far worse now where soft players just live at the Free Throw line and dominating the paint area means nothing.
Defense isn't allowed and if your team isn't one of the best 3 point shooting teams they've got no chance.