• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 69501

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2020
i'm all for the boycott league wide.
The question, is these killings won't stop, where do you stop boycotting and what justifies coming back if nothing gets better or gets worse.
And unfortunately i don't think any one will wake up because of this, it's not as if anyone is unaware that this is going on right now, and if you are the kind who says "shut up and dribble", well you'll just continue to think that. There is really no coming back from that.

But i love the NBA for what they stand in all this
The idea is that they're putting pressure on these multibillion dollar NBA owners who have influence in many places

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
I see the other two games not happening if both teams agree not play. OKC vs Hou is tied.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bucks pregame just said the Brewers will have a meeting on whether or not to play. Do it Brewers boycott the game tonight and get the domino rolling in the MLB

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
League should step in and cancel the other two games. Time to put up or shut up as an organization.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
Mad respect to the players for doing this you wouldn't see this happen in the nfl that's for sure

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017

Milwaukee #Brewers closer Josh Harder on the #Bucks boycott: "It's a tremendous stand. ...We have to bring light to this situation that we have, it's a big thing.'' It's unknown, he said, whether the #Brewers will play their game tonight vs. the #Reds.

If this goes into MLB as well, then people will take notice. If the Brewers postpone and it triggers a cascade in MLB (and possibly MLS at that point), oh man.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
But they aren't backing the players. They are saying "hey, the games will be rescheduled!".

They aren't punishing the players for putting their focus on bigger causes.

Just because the players didn't sacrifice a win now doesn't mean that their actions don't have an impact. Way too much focus going to that than to the cause they are boycotting for.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
8UL33S5.png

Malcolm Brogdon has also not shied away in calling Milwaukee "the most segregated and racist place" and how he's worked so hard to address that.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's issues with the city are well-documented and contributed to him wanting to get out as soon as he could.

Current Rocket Thabo Sefolosha got his leg broken by the NYPD.

The players are just as scared, just as fed up, just as vulnerable. More power to them for this.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I think the NBA is making a mistake in just postponing the games that were meant to be played tonight and potentially tomorrow. It impacts the message of what was originally a boycott or strike. I could see the players taking the next steps to sit out multiple games and effectively maybe leave the bubble to get their message across. The way some of the players are talking about the situation I could realistically see that happening. It would be one hell of a message.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Malcolm Brogdon has also not shied away in calling Milwaukee "the most segregated and racist place" and how he's worked so hard to address that.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's issues with the city are well-documented and contributed to him wanting to get out as soon as he could.

Current Rocket Thabo Sefolosha got his leg broken by the NYPD.

The players are just as scared, just as fed up, just as vulnerable. More power to them for this.
Holy shut I actually forgot about Thabo.

I think the NBA is making a mistake in just postponing the games that were meant to be played tonight and potentially tomorrow. It impacts the message of what was originally a boycott or strike. I could see the players taking the next steps to sit out multiple games and effectively maybe leave the bubble to get their message across. The way some of the players are talking about the situation I could realistically see that happening. It would be one hell of a message.
100% agree and have said as much online and offline to my friends.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

if all teams involved are sitting out what else can you do but postpone?

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
All sports players should strike. enough is enough. Fuck sports. Fuck it all. Until there is real change we cant just go back to normal. Fuck everything. Fuck Trump. fuck white supremacy, fuck cops. fuck everything.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yeah. I suppose that's the case.

It just feels like less of a strike at that point and more like everyone is just playing the games at a later date, which I don't think would have been the Bucks original intent.

Although, maybe if all these sports teams in bubbles said "fuck it, we're taking some time off because it's not the right time to play" that could be something as well.

Either way, this has everyone talking about what is going on so it has been effective.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
The season probably going to be over. The NBA is not going to hope players play in any give games that are scheduled. The logical thing is to cancel it. Seasons will bleed into other seasons and the draft etc. I think they have to decide yes or no while the players are there.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I suppose that's the case.

It just feels like less of a strike at that point and more like everyone is just playing the games at a later date, which I don't think would have been the Bucks original intent.

Although, maybe if all these sports teams in bubbles said "fuck it, we're taking some time off because it's not the right time to play" that could be something as well.

Either way, this has everyone talking about what is going on so it has been effective.

them saying it's postponed is like saying you can't fire me i quit

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The season probably going to be over. The NBA is not going to hope players play in any give games that are scheduled. The logical thing is to cancel it. Seasons will bleed into other seasons and the draft etc. I think they have to decide yes or no while the players are there.

I'm assuming that is what the meeting tonight is for. The league isn't just going to cancel things outright without discussing with the players. All of this shit is incredibly fluid "Why is the league saying postponed instead of cancelled?" seems like the dumbest shit to care about in this moment.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
To do the right thing and support them. Adam Silver is one of the better commissioners in sports
Is Silver in the bubble? He needs to meet with teams directly in person and figure out the best way to take next steps. I imagine he still wants to avoid a walk-out of the bubble situation. The league could up the "Black Lives Matter" messaging but they have been doing a good job with that already and it isn't making a difference.

Emiya777

Banned
Jan 14, 2019

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
i don't know how but it would be a real step forward if the Bucks owners eventually have to put pressure on Wisconsin governor to do something about this.

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
This is incredible. NBA players showing how it's done. Makes me want to go out and protest too, or something. Getting fired up!

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
Good. This is huge. And if it spills over into the MLB with the Brewers, it just becomes bigger.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Looks like all the NBA games are postponed today. Good call on all the players and staff involved.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good stuff. I support them all the way.

Unimportant question: Is it still called a strike since they are not taking a stand against their employer specifically?