• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Worst take of the season

• The Bulls are title contenders - Caz

Votes: 46 9.7%
  • The Celtics roster is poorly constructed and a joke for postseason basketball - ItWasMeantToBe19

Votes: 113 23.8%
  • DeRozan is a lock for 1st team All-NBA - Mory Dunz

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • CP3 has been the most clutch player in the league this season - Smurf

Votes: 70 14.7%
  • Anime is trash - NinjaScooter

Votes: 106 22.3%
  • Warriors are better when Green plays and Curry sits than when Curry plays and Green sits. - Gigglepo

Votes: 88 18.5%
  • My issue is when they say the Warriors needed KD to beat the Cavs. No they didn't lol. - Linkage76

Votes: 45 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Steph is one of 7 to win 4 chips and 2 mvps

It's not the night to shit on Steph at all. My argument has always been he has great teams around him. Essentially the 2nd greatest shooter of all time and one of the most unique big men ever. A DPOY as well as someone who can run a fast break and read and destroy 4 on 3's better than any player maybe ever.

But he was key tonight and obviously throughout this series and the playoffs. Even taking away the cultural/way the game is played part of his legacy has a great case for top 10. The FMVP was always a stupid thing and more a coronation for Dre and how underappreciated he was

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Because their D showed out in totality, and because they were elite when the offense wasn't turning over the ball? Seriously - just look at the numbers. The Warriors did not win this series on offense and that's undeniable. It's not a discredit to them as a team but you're the one who mocked the defense in particular.
It is okay to admit that the Celtics defense buckled at times to Steph Curry and allowed the Warriors to win. They are still an elite defense. It's okay that Steph battled against that defense and beat them. This was not all on Celtics turnovers, but if that is what you need to convince yourself that the Celtics would have won the chip "if only they didn't turn the ball over", that's fine.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Wanted to screen cap all the Media articles and shows about

"Who's the best player remaining in the playoffs"
between Butler, Tatum, Doncic and Curry

cause pretty much no one picked curry.
Doncic at least had an argument if not for some issues, but butler and tatum had me like wtf really

bonus for fun I just saw

🤣🤣🤣 what is this

edit
oh dang it went on. KD talking about being a leader with a rando

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Get Oscar and Wilt out of that top 10 potential. And I think Curry is above Kobe all time (as a Lakers fan). Curry is at that very top of that second tier, on the same level as Shaq/Duncan for 5th best.

It's hard to put out Wilt in top 10 given that his individual accolades and stats are so stacked. I agree that Curry right now is above Kobe, but Kobe isn't top 10 though.

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think lebron wanted to get traded there. He was asked who he would choose to play for between the two finals teams in an interview. He wants to play with bronny at all costs it seems like. Doesn't seem like that's GS.
He was asked numerous times. The Warriors would have gave up a late pick for Bronny. But Lebron would get skewered in the media now.

Oct 29, 2017
It's hard to put out Wilt in top 10 given that his individual accolades and stats are so stacked. I agree that Curry right now is above Kobe, but Kobe isn't top 10 though.
Kobe is top 5. He's above Steph and Lebron. I currently have Steph at 8. Lebron at 7, but he will be 6 next year. Lebron passes Kobe for me ultimately. Steph gets one more title, both end up top 5.

Oct 29, 2017

Doncic at least had an argument if not for some issues, but butler and tatum had me like wtf really

bonus for fun I just saw

🤣🤣🤣 what is this

edit

Remember when you said the Lakers was knocking the warriors out of the playoffs? Lol!!! Just messing with you.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
It's hard to put Wilt out of the top 10 in theory. But when you actually look at the players in the top 10 without a historic-bias lense, you get:
MJ, Lebron, Kareem, Shaq, Duncan, Magic, Curry, Bird, Russel. I think they are all undeniable and Curry with this chip cemented himself in that top tier. That is 9. So then you have 1 spot for Kobe, Hakeem, Wilt, etc.

History will look back more favorably on Curry than even these immediate reactions

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So Cowherd was reporting that KD was texting people in the media asking "So what happens if the Warriors lose?". Pretty much insinuating that if they fail then he should be getting props for the years he was on the team.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
KD choked for years, went to the Warriors and won 2 chips, and then left and promptly went back to choking.

That will forever be the narrative if he doesn't win another ring.

Oct 26, 2017

Will 538 ever build an NBA playoff predictions model that incorporates injury projections and penalizes teams with bad shooters playing heavy minutes.

The 538 model consistently projecting Mike Conley to play well in the postseason is so funny.

Oct 26, 2017
The one thing I did underestimate about the Celtics is that they are extremely young other than Horford and that's really good.

They played injury-devastated teams in the Nets, Bucks, and Heat and... Not getting hurt because you're young is a point in your favor of your team construction.

But they eventually played one retirement home that managed to stay healthy in the Finals.

Lucking into not getting hurt is like... 40-60% of the NBA playoffs so that is very important.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
So Cowherd was reporting that KD was texting people in the media asking "So what happens if the Warriors lose?". Pretty much insinuating that if they fail then he should be getting props for the years he was on the team.

Not surprising if true.
KD still demanding respect even after winning his only 2 rings by joining 73-9 warriors. And can't win again on his currently led team.

Just bus rider insecurities.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
As someone who isnt even a warriors fan, it's fucking wild to have to cap for a team that was in no way ushered into a "sure thing". The team that got Klay Thompson back 3/4 of the way into the season took on every challenge presented, and came out on top. It is fucking wild to say they were the favorites, even in the west. Like...at least try to enjoy basketball, and a team that came back from 2 years of not doing shit to win.
How many times are you going to turn a casual "one of the favorites with healthy Klay" into a charged "they were the favorite and we a sure thing so meh at this excitement" so you can grandstand about falsely perceived cynicism?

You're shadowboxing, I didn't say or feel any of that.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018

bonus for fun I just saw

🤣🤣🤣 what is this

edit

KD is so damn soft

Oct 26, 2017
538's basketball model is nowhere near as bad as their Lucas Critique failing primary model (which is one of the most embarrassing, 1970s trash things I've ever seen)... But it's extremely bad.

But at least it doesn't fail the Lucas Critique I guess!

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh how many rings does Iggy got now lol

Four Dubs, four rings.

288906854_10160692082447526_5558549283242572311_n.jpg

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017

hm dunno about trusting any cowherd stuff, but just going to kd's twitter and seeing him not understanding anything about winning intangibles is really dang ironic on a night like tonight
the tweets were old, i just saw them now.

speaking of kd, feels timely 🤣🤣🤣
EzdV9e7VEAE01oO

coming for everybody

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
How many times are you going to turn a casual "one of the favorites with healthy Klay" into a charged "they were the favorite and we a sure thing so meh at this excitement" so you can grandstand about falsely perceived cynicism?

You're shadowboxing, I didn't say or feel any of that.
Nah, your original post of "a favorite the moment Klay came back healthy" just simply isn't true and downplays a ton of the Warriors success this playoffs, from Poole emerging, to Wiggins playing out of his mind, to Steph stepping up on the biggest stage. The warriors were a great team, but were an absolute huge question mark even when Klay came back. The Suns were the defending Western Conference champions and the more 'reliable' team at the time, even when Klay came back from injury. The warriors were downplayed at every turn in the playoffs (as I noted earlier in the playoff thread, Zach Lowe , probably the best basketball analyst around, picked the Mavs to beat the Warriors). The warriors were one of the better teams in the league this year, but it is laughable to call them one of the favorites when Klay came back

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Great win by the Warriors. Celtics really blew this not going up 3-1 and letting Dray and Poole get comfortable.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, your original post of "a favorite the moment Klay came back healthy" just simply isn't true and downplays a ton of the Warriors success this playoffs, from Poole emerging, to Wiggins playing out of his mind, to Steph stepping up on the biggest stage. The warriors were a great team, but were an absolute huge question mark even when Klay came back. The Suns were the defending Western Conference champions and the more 'reliable' team at the time, even when Klay came back from injury. The warriors were downplayed at every turn in the playoffs (as I noted earlier in the playoff thread, Zach Lowe , probably the best basketball analyst around, picked the Mavs to beat the Warriors). The warriors were one of the better teams in the league this year, but it is laughable to call them one of the favorites when Klay came back

Yeah although Poole and Wiggins showed promise during the season, they really stepped it up this playoff run. And Looney came up big time also. I doubt this happens without them.

Denver, Memphis, Dallas and Boston. Didn't sweep any of them and many thought each of these teams would beat the Dubs. I myself didn't see them getting past Memphis. Once that happened, I figured it would be a longshot beating Boston but still hoped they could. Still can't believe this actually happened lol.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
PURE SATISFACTION. Man, what an amazing payoff. Watched the Warriors all season this year (even some awful games in february and march), and to see them with the trophy now is amazing. I swear they didn't look like a winning team for months, it was rough. They got their shit together just in time for the playoffs. As a Curry fan, I can rest easy now too. This was an incredible Finals performance. Anything else after this is just extra gravy.

The win tonight was great, with everyone except Klay playing their role to perfection. They really forged another great full team and bench this playoffs run man. They have a key 8 man rotation where you can trust every one of those guys with minutes.

As for Boston, I think they played their worst game. A lot of their bad tendencies really showed up tonight. The endless Tatum and Brown turnovers killed them once again. Warriors forced a few of those, but it was really rough. Draymond and Wiggins had their number, my goodness. GPII as well, being incredibly disruptive and playing huge minutes. They never figured it out on the offensive end. Went too hard on hunting Curry, which the Warriors constantly countered or Curry held up well. I think things could have been different if they attacked earlier, made extra passes and got guys like Grant Williams and White hitting open 3s. Their window is still very open though, they went through a gauntlet and played tough teams exclusively. Very curious to see what they do next year.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Someone check on Coyote Starrk 😂😂😂
Oh I'm fine. I called this the other day lol

A very salty congrats to Warriors fans for another ring because this is over. God help me may it be the last time that Steph and Klay are able to get their walkers up and down the court fast enough to get a dub.

I hate all of you and all of the Warriors team especially Draymond. I hope all of you eat bad seafood and step on Legos every day for the next calendar year.

Maybe I counter jinx myself? lol

Oct 26, 2017
The Suns were the big favorite but they relied way too much on CP3 who completely fell apart due to age.

The Suns had no other NBA players on the roster who could dribble and that ended up being the end.

The Bucks were 2nd most likely but they had two NBA caliber perimeter players (Jrue and Middleton) and one of those guys got injured.

In the end, both teams were ultra exposed to injury due to how old and how shallow they were.

The Warriors were also heavily exposed to injury due to the age of Curry and Green and the lack of options behind those guys, but Curry and Green managed to mostly not fall apart.

Eventually some team needs to win and one team is bound to actually stay healthy.

Oct 29, 2017
It's hard to put Wilt out of the top 10 in theory. But when you actually look at the players in the top 10 without a historic-bias lense, you get:
MJ, Lebron, Kareem, Shaq, Duncan, Magic, Curry, Bird, Russel. I think they are all undeniable and Curry with this chip cemented himself in that top tier. That is 9. So then you have 1 spot for Kobe, Hakeem, Wilt, etc.

History will look back more favorably on Curry than even these immediate reactions
I was just thinking about my top 10 Goat list. I now have Curry tied with Shaq at 8. Wilt is out and Bird has dropped a spot. I'm reconsidering Lebron's spot too. I ranked him at 7. But breaking Kareem's scoring record and the 2016 win now have to be held in really high regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.