• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Worst take of the season

• The Bulls are title contenders - Caz

Votes: 46 9.7%
  • The Celtics roster is poorly constructed and a joke for postseason basketball - ItWasMeantToBe19

Votes: 113 23.8%
  • DeRozan is a lock for 1st team All-NBA - Mory Dunz

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • CP3 has been the most clutch player in the league this season - Smurf

Votes: 70 14.7%
  • Anime is trash - NinjaScooter

Votes: 106 22.3%
  • Warriors are better when Green plays and Curry sits than when Curry plays and Green sits. - Gigglepo

Votes: 88 18.5%
  • My issue is when they say the Warriors needed KD to beat the Cavs. No they didn't lol. - Linkage76

Votes: 45 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
It is absolute clownshoes to suggest the warriors were the title favorites when Klay came back. They weren't even the favorites in the west at the start of the playoffs (that was Phoenix). Don't deny the warriors, and don't deny their journey to this point
You can literally go to Youtube and find ESPN videos of takes where talking heads say they were ONE of the favorites if Klay was healthy. Stephen A Smith flat out proclaimed that if Klay was back, they would come out of the West.

Enjoy he win but stop i with this scrappy underdog fabrication because Steph couldn't do shit by himself.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
The media failed to talk about how the Warriors defense would bother the Cs. All they talked about was Cs defense vs Warriors offense. The Warriors defense has been incredible. It went to shit the moment Draymond got injured

Most of the media was lacking about team defense.
Only knew about weak links and size/athleicism

So they saw gs had weak links and Boston was more athletic. Any big with Curry is a weak link tho, whereas looney wasn't

So they assumed Bos would win the boards despite stats. And that the defense would be too much esp with a healthy timelord.

BOS for the most part the defense was good. Except curry was the best player in the series and they allowed him to get what he linked as in to switching too easily or dropped coverage.

Media didn't take into account GSs team defense and their ball hawking, helping Def, Recovery. Boston poor ball handling was apparent

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
They incorrectly played Curry on D for large portions of this series. It lost them game 4. My only point is that this Celtics D was mortal and not "one of the best we've ever seen". It was an elite defense that got carved up by curry. I dunno what else you want me to say. They were the best defense this year but not one of the best of all time

You can say it was incorrect but the Warriors were, honestly, abysmal against this D in the half court. Curry is totally unique in his ability to break a defense down apart from that. Look at the Warriors point totals against their other playoff opponents vs. the Celtics - they were regularly putting up 120, 130 against other teams and didn't crack 110 against Boston..

I think best of all time is stretching it but this absolutely was a historic defense that showed out all playoffs, and the Warriors still found a way to get through it when needed. That last part is the credit to the Warriors, largely Curry.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
You can literally go to Youtube and find ESPN videos of takes where talking heads say they were ONE of the favorites if Klay was healthy. Stephen A Smith flat out proclaimed that if Klay was back, they would come out of the West.

Enjoy he win but stop i with this scrappy underdog fabrication because Steph couldn't do shit by himself.
As someone who isnt even a warriors fan, it's fucking wild to have to cap for a team that was in no way ushered into a "sure thing". The team that got Klay Thompson back 3/4 of the way into the season took on every challenge presented, and came out on top. It is fucking wild to say they were the favorites, even in the west. Like...at least try to enjoy basketball, and a team that came back from 2 years of not doing shit to win.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
As someone who isnt even a warriors fan, it's fucking wild to have to cap for a team that was in no way ushered into a "sure thing". The team that got Klay Thompson back 3/4 of the way into the season took on every challenge presented, and came out on top. It is fucking wild to say they were the favorites, even in the west. Like...at least try to enjoy basketball, and a team that came back from 2 years of not doing shit to win.
Seriously. Warriors were struggling bad for a couple of years. This is an incredible comeback, and it was done with the original core. Just look at Curry's reaction to winning this one.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
You can say it was incorrect but the Warriors were, honestly, abysmal against this D in the half court. Curry is totally unique in his ability to break a defense down apart from that. Look at the Warriors point totals against their other playoff opponents vs. the Celtics - they were regularly putting up 120, 130 against other teams and didn't crack 110 against Boston..

I think best of all time is stretching it but this absolutely was a historic defense that showed out all playoffs, and the Warriors still found a way to get through it when needed. That last part is the credit to the Warriors, largely Curry.
Why do you keep referencing "half court" like that is the only situation that happens in an NBA game? If a team is historic in half court defense but mediocre in transition defense (especially against Curry), I'd argue they are not all that historic. Keep pointing to this one specific facet of defense

I concede. The Celtics are the best ever half court defense. And they just lost 3 straight games in the finals. Winning strategy

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
warriors were considered contenders when they shot out the gate with curry playing like an MVP and draymond like dpoy, but the general consensus was that klay returning to form was the wildcard and warriors might not be sure things relative to other teams like the Nets or bucks.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Top 10 locks:

MJ
LeBron
Kareem
Magic

Top 10 candidates:

Shaq
Wilt
Russell
Bird
Kobe
Robertson
Duncan
Curry

Two of those candidates have to be cut

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
791h.gif

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Even though the Celtics choked in the end, I'm happy with where they are. Before the year began they were in a really rough spot. I thought I would be watching a perennial 7-8 seed. Not good enough to compete, but too good to tank. Have to find ways to upgrade in the offseason.

This year cp3 would elevate them. But now his old. I would do a damian lillard for brown and white trade
This would be a panic trade. Celtics don't have a ton of tradable assets. Wasting them on an old Lillard is not the play here. On top of that he's coming off an injury. Celtics already did one panic acquisition in Kemba, and I don't think they will rush into another one.

j_rocca42

Oct 25, 2017
PNW
Lebron wanted to get traded here. The Lakers need to get younger so the trade would have been viable. I don't see the Warriors doing it now. If Boston had won and Wiggins played to Ninjascooter's expectations, it would have been possible.
I don't think lebron wanted to get traded there. He was asked who he would choose to play for between the two finals teams in an interview. He wants to play with bronny at all costs it seems like. Doesn't seem like that's GS.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you keep referencing "half court" like that is the only situation that happens in an NBA game? If a team is historic in half court defense but mediocre in transition defense (especially against Curry), I'd argue they are not all that historic. Keep pointing to this one specific facet of defense

I concede. The Celtics are the best ever half court defense. And they just lost 3 straight games in the finals. Winning strategy

Because their D showed out in totality, and because they were elite when the offense wasn't turning over the ball? Seriously - just look at the numbers. The Warriors did not win this series on offense and that's undeniable. It's not a discredit to them as a team but you're the one who mocked the defense in particular.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Top 10 locks:

MJ
LeBron
Kareem
Magic

Top 10 candidates:

Shaq
Wilt
Russell
Bird
Kobe
Robertson
Duncan
Curry

Robertson and possibly Kobe/Curry as difficult as it pains me to say. Honestly put Hakeem in for either of them. Curry may have to be in there but Kobe was literally the dad of the league as the baddest dude from probably 07 until 13. I'd like to kick out Wilt/Russell due to competition but they were so dominant in their era

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Robertson and possibly Kobe/Curry as difficult as it pains me to say. Honestly put Hakeem in for either of them. Curry may have to be in there but Kobe was literally the dad of the league as the baddest dude from probably 07 until 13. I'd like to kick out Wilt/Russell due to competition but they were so dominant in their era
Top 10 is kind of an impossible task when you think about it, considering how different a lot of those players are.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Top 10 locks:

MJ
LeBron
Kareem
Magic

Top 10 candidates:

Shaq
Wilt
Russell
Bird
Kobe
Robertson
Duncan
Curry

I'd cut Wilt and Russell and maybe Robertson. I wish the best player conversation would shift to post merger or of the 3pt era so we can stop pretending they played the same game.

Status
Not open for further replies.