• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Worst take of the season

• The Bulls are title contenders - Caz

Votes: 46 9.7%
  • The Celtics roster is poorly constructed and a joke for postseason basketball - ItWasMeantToBe19

Votes: 113 23.8%
  • DeRozan is a lock for 1st team All-NBA - Mory Dunz

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • CP3 has been the most clutch player in the league this season - Smurf

Votes: 70 14.7%
  • Anime is trash - NinjaScooter

Votes: 106 22.3%
  • Warriors are better when Green plays and Curry sits than when Curry plays and Green sits. - Gigglepo

Votes: 88 18.5%
  • My issue is when they say the Warriors needed KD to beat the Cavs. No they didn't lol. - Linkage76

Votes: 45 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
Fuuuuuuuck I fell asleep!

sticker_2122-512x512.png

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
4th quarter celts. Absolutely insane game for them. They honestly look extremely fucking good I'm defense when they are fully locked in and man they amount of shooter they have esp Al as a trailer got damn man. Been impressed by this team all playoffs.

Oct 29, 2017
i said gs in 6, so nothing's changing for me

the rotations will be interesting next game.

yea losing game 1 was a shock since they never lose game 1
but i haven't changed my overall prediction on the series.

not catapulting that lead in the 3rd when BOS was giving them chances effed them over lol. Gotta kill good teams if you can.

wonder how the iggy minutes will go.
GP2 if he's healthy will play. But they'll sag off GP2 and force him to hit shots.

I think Moody may have a chance to play tbh. I don't think Kuminga will play, I think BOS's defense is tailor made for him.
Bjelica could be a off the wall wrinkle that I'm curious about.
Yeah. I agree. I'm being a chicken little here. Iggy's minutes in the fourth along with Poole started Boston's comeback.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
It's so clear how much warriors depend on guys like Porter Jr lmao

better hope he can stay healthyish all series, or they gonna have to give Damion Lee minutes again

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
tbf, if Tatum was hitting his normal shots, that could've been even more of a blowout.
Cause he was just bricking easy looks. That early airball was a bad sign

a weird game, almost not sure what to make of it. Both teams seemed to get what wanted...until GS got nothing in the 4th and get clamped
I feel game 2 will be more indicative of the overall series

I think poole will get going tbh. I'm not as worried about Poole as other people. His defense is bad, but that's not new. I think he'll be able to score fine. All the rotation issues and open 3s weren't on Poole

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
It is clear to me that Boston has more talent than GS. And now they only have to win home games

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Warriors gotta won game 2 or this is over. Start there then get to work, with a real opportunity bc Boston hasn't been stellar at home in these playoffs. But one game at a time. Still need to get 4.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This Warriors team usually bounces back very well when adversity hits, but game 1 at home is a bad loss man
Meanwhile, Draymond is probably scrambling for podcast content
He could start with "why am I have the worst post season year of my entire career, am I completely washed" as a topic.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Warriors lose game 2 and its a sweep. The Celtics just played out of their damn minds in the 4th. Most of their shots were contested too. Incredible poise
Agreed. That confidence and fearlessness in the 4th. Yeah. Loved how jaylen brown set the tone and then all these guys followed and taytum pretty much showing just how he can impact the game even on an off shooting night. Just an incredible team win.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Warriors choked plain and simple but if this game is any indication of the level of basketball thats in store for us then we are in for a treat. Very exciting, entertaining game overall. Not many fouls. Lots of great shots. Can't wait for Sunday.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
He could start with "why am I have the worst post season year of my entire career, am I completely washed" as a topic.
I've been holding my tongue in favor of Draymond for about 2 years now
This is not the same DPOY guy, whether hes drowned in complacency or whatever

Fully expecting a Warriors W here next game as many will be, but this loss feels different

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It will get lost in the sauce since GSW lost… but at some point we might have to discuss the fact that Curry was a primary defender on Tatum and locked him up

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
projects.fivethirtyeight.com

2021-22 NBA Predictions

FiveThirtyEight’s NBA forecast projects the winner of each game and predicts each team's chances of advancing to the playoffs and winning the NBA finals.

538 now gives the celtics a 92% chance of winning the ring. they are going all in.

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
Iggy and Poole will have to be on a short leash. They can't play together. Curry, Klay, Wiggins and Green will have to play 40-42 min a game

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
Horrible takes in the ESPN post show thing on youtube right now, saying shit like this is just a throwaway game for the Warriors

Bro they lost game 1 at home after not losing at home the entire playoff run, they held the lead by 11-13 and ended up getting blown the fuck out

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Warriors choked plain and simple but if this game is any indication of the level of basketball thats in store for us then we are in for a treat. Very exciting, entertaining game overall. Not many fouls. Lots of great shots. Can't wait for Sunday.

Na Celtics shot their ass off in that 4th QTR. They earned it, more so than the Warriors choking imo.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
and klay wasn't even that bad the way I see internet comments talking.
Actually played some good dense on brown in the 1st half. He wasn't great, but didn't have a shocker

a weird game.
feel like i need to watch highlights. Not sure if GS was collapsing too hard on drives or what
--
watched some 4th quarter highlights. GS was definitely ball watching and cheating some on drives, before losing their man for the 3s.
wonder if they'll adjust and let the primary defender try to defend more. Will be interesting

Na Celtics shot their ass off in that 4th QTR. They earned it, more so than the Warriors choking imo.
it's both.
GS went scoreless for like 4 minutes and gave up a 17-0 run in the 4th quarter of a finals game. Including missing 2 Free Throws
That's choking. No other words, can't happen

Also, Celtics executed amazingly and drained their shots.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Horrible takes in the ESPN post show thing on youtube right now, saying shit like this is just a throwaway game for the Warriors

Bro they lost game 1 at home after not losing at home the entire playoff run, they held the lead by 11-13 and ended up getting blown the fuck out
Honestly the grizz series showed me they were def beatable with a young healthy disciplined squad. Honestly not suprised by the celts esp the gauntlet they've. Had to run through this postseason. I think this game hurt the warriors more ways than one because Celtics ain't scared. Lol

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
The last team that lost game 1 at home and won the series was the 2013 Heat lol

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
Wiggins also played a good game. Curry, Looney, Wiggins and to a degree Klay played great. I don't see the Celtics shooting this well again especially White and Horford. Kerr got too cute to start the 4th

On the flip side idk if Porter will make 4 3s and Steph will shoot well from 3 against this defense.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Did the NBA on TNT not do their post game show tonight? Charles, shaq, ej, and kenny show? Maybe not for late west coast games?

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wiggins also played a good game. Curry, Looney, Wiggins and to a degree Klay played great. I don't see the Celtics shooting this well again especially White and Horford. Kerr got too cute to start the 4th

On the flip side idk if Porter will make 4 3s and Steph will shoot well from 3 against this defense.
Klay was awful, not sure what game you watched. Shitty shooting followed somehow with much worse off defending.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

Hahahaha skip is so good at his stupid job. Almost nobody on GS scored for like 5:30. I think after Steph's bucket GS scored..... 7 points, including garbage time 3 from the bench warmers. It was elite defense.

It's like the takes after KD looks like an MVP for half the year then he gets shut down in the playoffs with smothering defense and the takes are "kd is washed" nah, he's just older and he got attacked by 2 players every possession offense and defense.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Celtics played 2 good quarters of defense and got worked on the boards until the 4th...oh yeah and Tatum shot like ass. Still won. Celtics still implode to much and got away with it tonight though.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Nice shooting Celts. I wonder how Horford feels knowing the nba media has already decided that Tatum and maybe Brown will be mvp if they win.

Warriors needs to not self-cool Steph off by keeping to regular season rotations and then not having him touch the ball every time down the floor. So many of those possessions in the 4th were just pure cringe. Oh yeah, and Draymond has to give SOMETHING as a scorer - someone mentioned they were leaving him open but he was also just a complete mess on layups and other attempts around the basket. I mean, dude, just because KD showed up shouldn't have meant you didn't practice offense at all for 4 years.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Celtics played 2 good quarters of defense and got worked on the boards until the 4th...oh yeah and Tatum shot like ass. Still won. Celtics still implode to much and got away with it tonight though.
I don't they ever imploded though. (gs definitely did)

they hit timely shots to always keep the game close. And came out in the 1st hitting timely shots.
that's what impressed me about MEM. Every time it seemed there might be a lead, Melton or Jones would just walk into a 3 like they in a park, both home or away.

Status
Not open for further replies.