• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who ya got?

• Miami Heat

Votes: 184 26.5%
  • Los Angeles Lakers

Votes: 511 73.5%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
nba-debate-club-milken-hottest-new-club-the-roar-25.png

Welcome to the NBA Finals! Let's meet our contestants:
lebron-james-lakers-celebration.jpg

The #1 seed Lakers dominated the NBA all year, and continued that in the playoffs, going 4-1 in each of the previous three series, taking down the Blazers, Rockets, and Nuggets. Welcome to the West indeed, LeBron. AD and LeBron have been showing out every single game and crushing everyone. Despite doubts that their bench was too weak and full of randoms, and their retread coach couldn't get it done, they have continued to find a way forward. They look to bring LA a record tying 17th banner, and in dedication of Kobe. This is their first Finals since 2010, the true end of the Kobe-Gasol era.

1211816549.jpg.0.jpg

One of the most surprising Finals contestants in years, we have the 5th seed Miami Heat. A blue-collar team through and through, they took out the Pacers, the #1 seed Bucks, and the Celtics on route to the Finals. They're led by Jimmy Butler, but are surrounded by dogs: Bam Adebayo, Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, Iguodala. No one expected this Cinderella run, and they're not looking to take their foot off the pedal anytime soon. Their last Finals appearance was 2014, the very end of the Heatles era led by LeBron.

Schedule:
W4uT9fI.png

Will the Lakers fulfill their destiny? Will the Heat continue proving their doubters wrong and take down the best in the West?

Last edited:

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I'll just repost what I posted in the other thread.

FINALS!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! I love this team, what an unselfish completed team of players. Bam was the player he needed to be to win this.

This feels like destiny, Heat make the finals to face the man that left us. The man who learned what it takes to win here in Miami. Comes all around. But what a lucky bastard Lebron is that he doesn't have to play in Miami. This guy has avoided playing in Miami as much as he can, always an "injury" or a rest day.

This has been a gift, I am just along for the ride. If we win it would be 2003 Marlins level surprise.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
i hate the lakers with a passion, but no way they lose to the fucking heat. it'll be over in 5

only way the heat might win is if ad's old lady ankles finally give, then the heat can raptor that shit and ride the injury wave to a championship

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
I voted the Heat because I want to believe, but realistically the Lakers will win. Bam, Butler, Dragic and Herro have to play out of their minds the entire series to have a chance. I also think the NBA would want LeBron to win, so eh. My heart says Heat in 6 but Adam Silver and a LeBron will win in 5.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone got the video of the Sixers sports show shitting on Jimmy for going to Miami?

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Heart is rooting for Spo, head is thinking Lakers but hoping for a good competitive finals nonetheless.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Lakers can't have those large gaps where they don't do anything against Miami. Miami needs magic to strike again with Chef Iggy & Crowder.

Kuz is going to play like an absolute idiot if Herro hits a single shot.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Kuz is going to start taking logo shots if Herro strings together some high glass lefty layups