• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Neat. Is it good? I haven't played a NBA game since... 16? With the Spike Lee campaign.

Oct 25, 2017
This is just another step into going F2P for these guys
Micro transactions everywhere and they even serve ads for like Express clothing in the game lol

Oct 27, 2017
Micro transactions everywhere and they even serve ads for like Express clothing in the game lol
Not really it's the playoffs they do fire sales like clockwork in April-June. It already is $19.99 new at retail on all systems (lol at the Xbox blog listing the $69.99 digital price) and will likely be $3-$10 on XBL/PSN this week or in a few

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering why there was a punch card for this game when you have to buy it. I'll try it out. 2k must have sales slowing down. Now time to focus on those micro transactions.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Nice. Got this on PS5 at launch, might download on the Series to play with my Xbox friends.

I remember at launch the Series S/X version had a lot of hard crashing issues, I assume those have been fixed/patched?

Oct 25, 2017
Not really it's the playoffs they do fire sales like clockwork in April-June. It already is $19.99 new at retail on all systems (lol at the Xbox blog listing the $69.99 digital price) and will likely be $3-$10 on XBL/PSN this week or in a few
Oh I know they do that, but at one point last year (or maybe 2years ago) they were literally sending out codes to download the game for free in December

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Got this on PS5 at launch, might download on the Series to play with my Xbox friends.

I remember at launch the Series S/X version had a lot of hard crashing issues, I assume those have been fixed/patched?
Haven't had a single crash on my Series X after playing for 20-30 hours.

Oct 12, 2020
Game Pass keeps winning.

Heard great things about these NBA 2K games but haven't played them myself. Will download it today….as of a few minutes it wasn't showing on Game Pass yet.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Been with the franchise since the beginning and this is easily the best they've released so far. And folks... there is allot of game here that doesn't use microtransactions are all. Gameplay isn't any worse without them. Microtransactions are optional and mainly in mp modes.

Oct 27, 2017
Been with the franchise since the beginning and this is easily the best they've released so far. And folks... there is allot of game here that doesn't use microtransactions are all. Gameplay isn't any worse without them. Microtransactions are optional and mainly in mp modes.
But if you want to do mycareer then you've gotta deal with the grind slog or pay up.

This version has been on sale more than any other

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
But if you want to do mycareer then you've gotta deal with the grind slog or pay up.

This version has been on sale more than any other

I don't do mycareer cause I've never liked the online lag...but having to play the game to level up your character is common. I spent more time leveling Geralt than what it would take in 2k.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Can I turn off fouls and just charge into people to steal the ball and dunk it over and over?

They have some of the best sliders in the biz. Incredibly deep. It's impossible to list them all here...but you can create as arcade experience you want.

Gameplay is the best it has been in recent years. But if you want to play any of the modes other than basic PlayNow , Microtransaction are as egregious as ever.

MyTeam and MyCareer are not fun at all unless to grind grind grind, or buy VC

I've not seen a single microtransaction in my Cougars franchise?

Last edited:

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Is the gameplay as fun as NBA 2K on Dreamcast?

Gameplay is the best it has been in recent years. But if you want to play any of the modes other than basic PlayNow , Microtransaction are as egregious as ever.

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean we are in the playoffs so regular season is over. Any major fan already purchased it so I don't see this as a f2p transition at all. It definitely should be f2p at this point.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Jokes on me… just bought this last week

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Why can't they put this on cloud streaming to avoid the gigantic download lol

Oct 27, 2017
I don't do mycareer cause I've never liked the online lag...but having to play the game to level up your character is common. I spent more time leveling Geralt than what it would take in 2k.
Then to be fair you can't speak on the grind, it's one thing to level it's another for them to make your character perform horrible to comparative people in your class to force a grind on you. Also, career is when you always play online that's the park or whatever they call it now

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
For anybody who hasn't played and is interested in a true NBA-like experience, I'd recommend looking into Realistic sliders on youtube and setting up your game with them. Especially if you're interested in doing a simulation league or anything.

Lots of customization, enough that with a bit of work you can fix some of the glaring issues with this game.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Then to be fair you can't speak on the grind, it's one thing to level it's another for them to make your character perform horrible to comparative people in your class to force a grind on you. Also, career is when you always play online that's the park or whatever they call it now

I can speak on it...I've tried it..hence knowing i don't like the online. And it's not something special to mycareer. Players rated that low in my franchise perform like crap too...it's just human players are better than the ai and make lower rated players feel worse. Bad players have always been bad in 2k...especially since they've gone in on the skill based animations. If you're any bit a vet in this series...you're very aware of how to play and take advantage of all the little 2k nuances.

My GM and My League are pretty minimal in their need for VC from what I remember but there are some uses for them (at least there were a year or two ago).

Not much in franchise. But it's more a case people perpetuating there's no value in the game cause everything is microtransactions when that's not the case. Every mode has a lot of care and effort put into it..even the ones without micros.

Jan 18, 2021
Also for xbox rewards users theres a 250 point and 100 point cards involving 2k22 the 100 point one is easy enough to get and the 250 you need an achievement from 2k22

ThisIsPrfct

Jun 9, 2019
Shadow dropped like that... I'm really hoping next week we get some good news on may's gamepass drop! It looks like San Andreas is leaving soon.

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017

Forgive the ignorance, but isn't working your way up from being a rookie scrub to all-star part and parcel of MyCareer? Or am I thinking of a different mode? The last NBA2K I played was early last gen, and to the best of my recollection, what I described was part of the experience (same as in other sports games like NHL).

Or is the distinction now that they've increased the grind and offset that with VC?

Yeah, I was excited about this but no fuckin way am I downloading 125 GB. Hopefully they make it playable via the cloud. I loved playing the 2k version we got via PS+ a few years ago for awhile.

It is.