• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017

It really is surreal. You'd think Morey burned a Chinese flag or something, but nope, this is the highly complex issue that socially aware players and coaches are suddenly mystified by.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
These players and coaches publicly condemning Morey it's all so surreal, like they're being held by gunpoint by the Chinese government. In reality, they just love money and want that Chinese market money. Someone worked out that the Morey tweet cost the NBA $1Billion dollars. No wonder the league is pissed, all they see is dollar signs.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

The fuck that mean???? China got LeBron by the balls yo

He's saying it's best for the NBA to not comment on the political climate in China

Which... if you're a business you don't really want to tweet about every controversial issue out there in the world even if you're on the right side of it, that would be foolishness

But at this point Morey already made the tweet, Bron should not have said this

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
These players and coaches publicly condemning Morey it's all so surreal, like they're being held by gunpoint by the Chinese government. In reality, they just love money and want that Chinese market money. Someone worked out that the Morey tweet cost the NBA $1Billion dollars. No wonder the league is pissed, all they see is dollar signs.

i don't get what the big fucking deal is

selling their soul and getting all this negative pr for a billion dollars

NBA's USA tv deal alone is worth $24 billion. what's another billion at this point?

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
KCP started with a nice alleyoop dunk but now im questioning why he's on the team. Turned it over so many damn times lol

kickz

Nov 3, 2017

Smh LeBron out here shilling for China

d23476868a55e6dca93a647c1d5e0cd3.gif

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
What's so hard to understand? Morey's tweet is likely coming at a substantial cost to the league and players and LBJ thinks that's inconsiderate. Clear as day and rational.
Yeah, fuck Morey for showing support to an oppressed group because it inconvenienced some players and cost them money.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't even make financial sense at this point

I refuse to believe this fallout from this won't end up costing them more than whatever they end up getting back with all this groveling

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Yeah, fuck Morey for showing support to an oppressed group because it inconvenienced some players and cost them money.

I'm sure Morey's tweet was really about to turn the whole conflict around before Lebron kaiboshed it. And before anyone gets out of shape, I'm not on China's or Screamin A's side or whatever, but LBJ's tweet I was replying to has a point.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

I refuse to believe this fallout from this won't end up costing them more than whatever they end up getting back with all this groveling

Last edited:

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017

I mean it definitely makes financial sense. The domestic blowback to the NBA looking craven and cynical won't remotely outweigh turning off the Chinese spigot.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

I'm sure Morey's tweet was really about to turn the whole conflict around before Lebron kaiboshed it. And before anyone gets out of shape, I'm not on China's or Screamin A's side or whatever, but LBJ's tweet I was replying to has a point.

You can't actually believe what you're touting. Do you shit on anyone taking a stand against racism in America because they aren't single handedly ending racism all by themselves?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's honestly humiliating and so damaging to any athletes, celebrities, anyone who speaks out. Especially in this league who is gonna care what anyone says now, they'll just look like grifters
It's really true. Bashing Trump is easy, popular, and profitable. As soon as money comes into question the players hush up.

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
I'm a big Lebron stan, but this is a terrible move. He waited a week to comment, things are finally cooling down and he thinks he can eloquently thread the needle of criticizing Morey's possibly poorly planned out tweet without obliquely commenting on the substance?

I didn't realize when he was touting the slogan "More Than An Athlete" that the more he was alluding to was exclusively his business interests...

Go Clipp?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big Lebron stan, but this is a terrible move. He waited a week to comment, things are finally cooling down and he thinks he can eloquently thread the needle of criticizing Morey's possibly poorly planned out tweet without obliquely commenting on the substance?

I didn't realize when he was touting the slogan "More Than An Athlete" that the more he was alluding to was exclusively his business interests...

Go Clipp?
This was the first time he was allowed to to speak to the press since it happened. The NBA cancelled everything in China.

hermit

Oct 25, 2017
MPJ is such a huge upgrade over lyles it's amazing and he ain't even the guy that replaced him. jerami grant is so good

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
So tonight Lebron goes heel again, Bald Mamba is still terrible, Anthony Davis has a boo boo, got the wrong Antetokounmpo brother and Dwight Howard is the best Laker out there.

Yep, this seems about right for the post-2016 Darkest Timeline.

Edit: Oh, and Kuzma still won't call me back. Imma go lay down.

Last edited:

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
You can't actually believe what you're touting. Do you shit on anyone taking a stand against racism in America because they aren't single handedly ending racism all by themselves?

Yes, also any time a puppy sheds another tear, I laugh. Morey unilaterally dragged the entire league into this and at no small expense. Those being dragged(Lebron) called him inconsiderate for doing so, what an outlandish point of view!

Status
Not open for further replies.