• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
"I truly believe that when Magic started telling the media about the meeting he had with Kawhi and Dennis, that sealed the fate of the Lakers," a person involved in the process told The Athletic. "I think that right there was when Dennis and Kawhi decided we can't trust the Lakers as an organization. And that was it. I think that was it for them."

👀

giphy.gif

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He's been doing it in practice for awhile. Doesn't mean shit until he's confident enough to take it in a game when no one is within 15 feet of him.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Weren't Andre Drummond and Javale McGee draining 3's last offseason?

Lol workout videos.

While I understand the "lol workout videos" mentality, Ben should be practicing jumpers. He should be doing it now, and next year and the year after that. Even if he doesn't have the confidence to shoot them until 5 years from now, he needs to keep practicing with a shooting coach and doing it in pickup games. I don't expect him to be able to shoot 3s at a nice clip this year. But maybe a few years down the line.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
he absolutely needs to shoot jumpers in games starting game 1 of next season and no matter where his jumper is at. it's actually taking in-game jumpers that not only gives you irreplaceable game reps but creates the urgency and accountability to get good at it. also if he shoots them with the right hand that might help.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Lebron was afraid to shoot jumpers for the first few years of his career. Not to the extent of Simmons but he still did ok.

Simmons just has to be better. Not everyone has to be a spot up 3 point shooter without the ball but he has to find ways to contribute in the playoffs.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I understand the "lol workout videos" mentality, Ben should be practicing jumpers. He should be doing it now, and next year and the year after that. Even if he doesn't have the confidence to shoot them until 5 years from now, he needs to keep practicing with a shooting coach and doing it in pickup games. I don't expect him to be able to shoot 3s at a nice clip this year. But maybe a few years down the line.
I'm not debating that. I'm just saying people getting hyped over workout videos in empty gyms need to temper their expectations.

Ben needs to shoot at least two threes a game next year, just to practice them during live game situations.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Lebron was afraid to shoot jumpers for the first few years of his career. Not to the extent of Simmons but he still did ok.
LeBron has shot 700+ shots outside of 10 feet every season he's been in the league; 40-45% of his shots his first two seasons were from outside 16 feet. Simmons has taken 3.9% and 2.6% (!) of his shots from outside 16 feet in that time span. His career avg shot distance is currently 5 feet compared to LeBron at 11-12 feet his first two seasons.

and like I agree that LeBron was kinda hesitant to shoot jumpers -- so that puts in perspective just how outlier terrified Simmons is.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
One of the things that made LeBron so good right out of the gate was that his outside shot was already there.

Now obviously he had some.issues with his shot over the course of his career I think mostly due to weight changes...but with all of his physical and mental tools and you add a good jump shot to that it literally is the perfect player.

Which is what Simmons could be so he needs to get his shit together.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Why did Kobe leave Adidas again?
I'm pretty sure it was because of the Kobe 2s

He paid them to get out of his contract almost immediately thereafter

The sneaker game used to be great

Maybe it still is, I dunno, I'm out of it - footwear is different these days, can't just cop your favorite players basketball shoes anymore

But some of Kobe's earlier Nike sneaks literally brought lowtop basketball shoes back to popularity

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Lowtop basketball shoes are the dumbest thing ever. Look at all the cats that blow out their achilles...wearing lowtops.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
pwr2r3t5gp42145j5r.jpg

wilt scored 100 in chucks

russell won 11 rings in those fucking things

i'd roll my ankle doing jumping jacks in those sneakers god damn

Status
Not open for further replies.