• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Damn. I'm glad the Raptors won a championship. At least I won't be as sad I would be if they didn't won any.

Also, did they say anything if the LAC didn't get George. Where will Kawhi sign? Lakers?

It was implied that he was going to the Lakers if they couldn't get another star and that forced the Clippers to hash out a deal. Perhaps kawhi was just using that as leverage to force them to act though lol only he and his team know for sure what plan b was.

Played us like a fiddle

Middleman

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
People need to give the "brave Kawhi" shit a rest.

He only agreed to sign with the Clips if they traded for the dude who just finished 3rd in the MVP voting.

This notion he didn't want to join a super team is pretty dumb.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Jerry West... Fuck the Lakers. At least Toronto got a chip. Can't say it's not funny the quiet team really did win 😂

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand I'd rather he'd have gone to the Lakers

On the other I might finally get my all LA conference finals wish

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe Woj was right. I can't believe he wanted to play for the Clips. Dude is really not normal.

Hope the Clippers curse doesn't fuck them over.

Please don't sign Rondo...

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Beverly PG and Kawhi are going to fuck teams up on D. Jerry West going with the MJ Pippen defensive model.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
As a longtime Lakers fan, I promised people I'd be livid if this exact thing happened.
Surprisingly, not that bothered.
This LA rivalry will be fun to watch if the Lakers manage to build a roster lol

Oct 25, 2017
So nobody, none of these twittards, "reporters, etc, NONE, had any information, except Woj, like always.

Just amazing. Doesnt give a shit about your favourite team. Just keeps it totally 100.

Oct 25, 2017
Lmaooo this was the best possible outcome. People here were clowning on Woj saying he was a shill🤣🤣🤣 I kinda feel sorry for LeBron and the normal Lakers fans in here, but this is where entitlement leads you

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't believe anybody ever again if they claim to know what Kawhi is gonna do. NOBODY does, as this whole saga and the Spurs situation bared out. That nigga moves in silence, and no Chris Carter/RDA Ambition/Anubis/lamelo/arye abraham or any other so called "insider" knows his motives.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
After what's happened, do you really see anyone who would be willing to trade that much for Russ? Whether or not it's true, teams and fans believe he was a factor in PG leaving, not to mention he's on the wrong side of 30 that has a supermax contract with three years left on it.

That's the going rate for stars and 3 years isn't all that bad compared to some deals out there. Russ will still be early 30s when the deal ends. You won't get a Zion level rookie but you will get someone of value.

OKC have needs everywhere so you just take back the best player and go from there.

Is it Sexton, Thompson, Clarkson and JR? How about Gordon, Bamba and Mosgov?
Perhaps Griffin + Jackson (Flip/Dump)?

There will be at least one good deal for OKC that fits that structure.

Only if Minnesota finds somebody to swallow the Wiggins contract...

OKC and Toronto are actually pretty good potential Wiggins destinations. Toronto don't exactly need Marc Gasol (expiring) and could use a Canadian former no 1 pick who plays the same position as Kawhi

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
So nobody, none of these twittards, "reporters, etc, NONE, had any information, except Woj, like always.

Just amazing. Doesnt give a shit about your favourite team. Just keeps it totally 100.
Woj didn't know a thing. His latest update before this broke said as much. Nobody knew. The PG trade was a megaton that nobody even hinted at.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Last thing I am going to say and this does not come from a place of bitterness.

People need to go to church, temple, mosque, etc more often. This just isn't normal for a player to want to play for the Clippers. It goes against the natural order of things. It's not far from bestiality or whatever it is that Celtics fans do in their free time.

The only solution is a lot more prayer. Prayers for the planet. Prayers for your soul.

And prayers for our beloved underdog Lakers.

Oct 27, 2017
fuck...
But man dude delivered Raptors a championship I can't even knock him.
He was the ultimate professional during that time.
Thanks you, Kawhi.

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
c'mon bro, Kawhi was playing them. You think the PG convincing, conversation, trade details happaned in the last two hours when Kawhi got cold feet? lmao
PG being convinced means nothing. That was all on OKC and I still don't see why they traded him when he had years left. There was not one peep from anybody about that trade.

He may not have KNOWN a thing, 100%, but he was consistently hinting it was the Clippers more than likely. Hence him being called a Clipper shill, like, basically since July 1.

I mean even I said on Friday that the Clippers were the best choice given all of Kawhi's apparent objectives. Still didn't see it happening until they got another star and the market was dried up per basically every reporter. Sometimes you're good, sometimes you're lucky. Clips got lucky here.

Last edited:

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One good thing for OKC fans is they dont have to worry about being eliminated in the first round, since they won't make the playoffs next season

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
OKC and Toronto are actually pretty good potential Wiggins destinations. Toronto don't exactly need Marc Gasol (expiring) and could use a Canadian former no 1 pick who plays the same position as Kawhi

I would agree with you if the Raptors were run like the Knicks, but Masai actually knows what he's doing. Wiggins basically signed a max deal and is on the books through 2023 with 27, 29, 31, and 33 million per season. If Masai wants to rebuild, taking a max player who doesn't play like one is a big ol' money pit best left for the Wizards.

MLSE is special in that they already have the Dallas Cowboys of the NHL (Leafs). Raptors success is great, but they aren't thirsty for Canadian stars. The only way I'd see Wiggins happen is if the front office truly believed they could turn him into a top 30 player...

Oct 27, 2017
I don't feel as mad or upset as I thought oddly enough.
I mean we won a championship. It will be a foundational piece for years to come for Canada and Raptors to build on.
We have Masai, Bobby, and Nurse.
I am optimistic about our future.

jey_16

Oct 28, 2017
How the hell can lakers fans be bitter about this? You got LeBron and fucking AD and are making the conference finals

90% of the teams in this league can only dream of that, sit down and enjoy the ride

Status
Not open for further replies.