• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck would Durant get the same love as home grown players that resurrected the team and got them a title while he played tag along trying to elevate his status with easy rings then was bouncing the whole time?

Idk. It seemed like last year Celtic fans loved Kyrie more than IT even tho IT played thru his sisters death and got fucked for the team. Fans are weird. Like Kyrie.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible Kyrie knew the Celtics' aint shitness levels were off the charts and simply acted accordingly?

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
KD was just a hired merc, durExit familia was all but inevitable and people around here knew it.

KD would of probably gotten way more love if he committed to a long term deal.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
"I'm hearing internal rumblings that Kawhi is going to take his time making a decision with as much information as possible, and at this point that he could sign with the Lakers, Clippers, or Raptors."

Can I have my blue check mark now?

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Idk. It seemed like last year Celtic fans loved Kyrie more than IT even tho IT played thru his sisters death and got fucked for the team. Fans are weird. Like Kyrie.
Nobody liked Kyrie last year.. Waited til the playoffs and he totally shit the bed and made himself look even more clown shoes. All talk then didn't produce when it mattered. What asshat shoots like 20 percent taking fade aways into triple teams then says I should have shot way more..Kyrie.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
Knicks best bet is to ride out this season. Just play. Hopefully RJ or someone else shows potential.

Next season flip these players they signed at the deadline for picks. Ellington, Bullock, etc will have value at the deadline to a contender.

So hopefully this coming season or next season they get a nice pick + picks from trading the role players they just signed.

Knicks best shot isn't signing a big name free agent. It's building internally, drafting a star, developing a good fun culture, etc. After doing all that free agents are more likely to be interested.

Well put. good to see some people on this board understand the proper way to build a team for long term success.

To the Anti Knick brigade and Steven A smith...Most real knick fans:

1) are committed to a proper rebuild. We want to see improvement from our developing players. We realize that it will take some years to build a team that plays at a championship level. The rebuild process started about 2 years ago(once Melo was traded), and we realize that successful rebuilds may take up to 4-6 years. We have the patience if we plan on having sustained excellence.

2) Understand in under no circumstance do you ever trade draft picks. Ever. Draft picks are the key to building any long term successful team. Hire good scouts and analytical personnel, and rely on them to identify and draft players that fit the identity of the team that you are trying to establish.

3) With the exception of Kawhi (and possibly Durant) no player in this free agent class is worth more than a 2-year deal( 3-year deal may be permissible depending on the price of said contract). 4-year, and 5-year deals are what ruin rebuilds.

4) Don't want to spend just to spend for spending sake. This has been a deep free agent class but it lacks true franchise players other than Kawhi (and Durant if healthy). This will result in many teams overspending on good but not great players and market price for these players get inflated (refer to Tobias Harris). Don't be one of these teams.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
There is more and more belief that if Kawhi doesn't resign with the Raptors he could play somewhere else.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Kawhi playing in the MLS?
No, the NHL.

I've heard from one source that "Kawhi is seriously considering the Lakers, Magic sold him on it, and is convinced he'll be treated like LeBron and get his own medical staff, while also getting load management be saw in Toronto".

Another source told me "Kawhi was the Lakers to lose but Doc Rivers and the Clippers impressed him with their gameplan, lineup scenarios, and how they will build in future years."

Lastly, a different source told me "Kawhi isn't convinced he can get the same load management and attention outside of Toronto, and is thinking about running it back with Toronto. If he does, the plan is to sign a 2+1, which would take him to the 10 year vet super max level when it expires, allowing him to re-up with Toronto for 5 years at 40% of the cap at age 30, or 4 years with other teams like the Lakers or Clippers at 40% of the cap. It depends on what Toronto does with it's cap space in summer of 2020. Masai impressed Kawhi and Uncle Dennis."

Give me my blue checkmark. I know just as much as these fools when selling sports rumors. Kawhi hasn't said shit he likely hasn't made up his mind yet.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I honestly believe Kawhi knows where he's going. Every report of "he is still thinking" is his camp telling reporters to stop saying where they think he's going. I don't think you decide your entire future based on a few days and a couple meetings.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Kawhi is making this shit too difficult. He should have had Toronto fly to LA, and just had his meetings yesterday. I still don't understand how he doesn't know, but I'll concede that he's eccentric and truly thought about nothing but basketball until winning the championship. Still, dude has had two weeks to think about this. Fuck your feelings Kawhi, you got niggas out here trying to be productive but can't because their glued to Twitter to see when your ass is going to make a decision.

OP
OP
Crumb

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting reports that RDAmbition is Danny Ainge, sowing seeds of distrust to keep Kawhi off the Lakers. wOW

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Kawhi is making this shit too difficult. He should have had Toronto fly to LA, and just had his meetings yesterday. Dude has had two weeks to think about this. Fuck your feelings Kawhi, you got niggas out here trying to be productive but can't because their glued to Twitter to see when your ass is going to make a decision.

I haven't slept in weeks

YA KILLIN US LEONARD

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Kawhi Lake Show is confirmed.

Some of y'all over thinking it.

It is what it is.

tumblr_n2alnjXEa11sefquto1_500.gif

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kawhi is making this shit too difficult. He should have had Toronto fly to LA, and just had his meetings yesterday. I still don't understand how he doesn't know, but I'll concede that he's eccentric and truly thought about nothing but basketball until winning the championship. Still, dude has had two weeks to think about this. Fuck your feelings Kawhi, you got niggas out here trying to be productive but can't because their glued to Twitter to see when your ass is going to make a decision.

Toronto is meeting him in LA and he's apparently meeting them today?

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto is meeting him in LA and he's apparently meeting them today?
He wants them to see him sign for the other team in person.

Man as much as people shit on Lakers FO I just know in my bones Jim Buss would have fucked up the meeting with Kawhi. Jeanie you about to get your own statue if you pull this off.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Lawd. "I'm told kawhi might say yes to Lakers, but he hasn't decided to say no to the clippers"

No such thing as sports reporting

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question from non-US resident: basically the only guy with some credibility covering Kawhi news is Chris Carter, right?

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Look like Kawhi HAS NOT met with the Raptor yet. It's supposed to happen anytime today. In LA.

And of course, still nobody knows what's going on with Kawhi camp.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 day): inappropriate joke.
Kawhi going to give as much weight to the Raptors' pitch as Kobe does to the word "No"

Status
Not open for further replies.