• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
They'll combine mascot platformer with gritty cinematic game

The Crashed of Us

d7wsu9g-9f70c0bf-f64a-4815-af0e-885e96e03541.png

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
I would love for them to do a completely new genre on a completely new setting and artstyle. Or even revisit the 3d platformer/adventure genre, as it could be a 1/2 years project just to flex their creative muscles.

May 7, 2020
let them do whatever they want. they know their shit. with the SSD i cant even imagine what they are going to do with animations

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wish ND would go for a JRPG. That level of polish of U2 and TLOU on a full fledged JRPG... my goodness.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
ND is far beyond cartoon character platforms, but they probably shouldn't do grimdark again right away. A sci fi adventure game would be just what the doctor ordered, IMO.

But, shit TLoU3 is going to pretty much be mandated. And that's just fine, too.

Oct 27, 2017
For the first time in a long time, they are in uncharted waters. This thread won't be the last of us they hear from on the matter. Hopefully their body of work, their - at-risk of being lost - legacy won't be left behind.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would like them to pick up the other side of the Horizon universe

Basically, people were speculating that the first project to save humanity, an automated ship arc called Far Zenith, actually didn't explode but only feigned a malfunction. I think it would be a cool cyberpunkish premise to explore how that part of the rescued humanity developed without the AI failures and erased history/science databases

Magio

Apr 14, 2020
Savage Starlight motherfuckers. You don't build so much lore for a setting that would work perfectly as a video game if you're not gonna make that video game. I'm 99% certain that it's at very least in the planning stages right now, and sure maybe they won't find the right way to make it work and they'll move on to something else but I have no doubt that they're at the very least working towards it.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
Naughty Dog is not the same anymore, they will not go back to games like Crash and Jak, it sucks but it is what it is.

I just hope the next game they make is something totally new, I'm getting tired of their current style.

Last edited:

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Please take me on a fantastical space adventure. I can really see ND pulling off something in the spirit of Firefly.
FluidDelayedLangur-size_restricted.gif

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There next game really needs to be a new IP. Not that I wouldn't be down for an Uncharted 5 or The Last of Us Part 3, but I want to see what they could deliver with an entirely new concept.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Whatever it is, I hope the team will enjoy making it. I can imagine the toll a bleak game like TLOU2 takes on devs.

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
After all the shit they are getting i hope they take a loooong break from tlou and made a completely new ip

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
Savage starlight

None of this is true to the point u had to leave uncharted and tlou as peak 7th gen for chasing example like it makes any sense.

how is none of that true? 7th gen had a ton of linear games to the point where they were criticized for them

and it's not like those are negatives, Jak 1 was still kinda directionless and taking inspiration from GTA (which the devs admitted- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3zOzmI4oj8) helped forge a new identity for the series that I thought was really cool

and the Uncharted series is imo, the best linear cinematic series ever

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
I would like them to pick up the other side of the Horizon universe

Basically, people were speculating that the first project to save humanity, an automated ship arc called Far Zenith, actually didn't explode but only feigned a malfunction. I think it would be a cool cyberpunkish premise to explore how that part of the rescued humanity developed without the AI failures and erased history/science databases

Which Brings us to...Salvage Starlight!!!!!

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
A sci-fi game would be awesome. The interesting question is, do you guys think Neil will direct their next game? Have a co-director? Someone new?

I guess I don't see a reason why he won't be the director, but just thinking out loud.

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
If it's Druckmann led, I expect another character driven misery fest that looks to top TLOU2. Hope someone else gets a chance with new writers for a breath of fresh air.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
New IP time so they can really dig into the PS5. Something sci-fi would be great and I'm curious if they'd go for something fantastical with a big space setting or something more like Blade Runner.

A space epic from them would be pretty amazing, even more so since we never got Hennig's Star Wars game.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Factions.
TLoU2 DLC.
New IP.
New IP DLC.
TLoU3.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Savage Starlight, the Mass Effect killer...Seriously, they can do whatever they feel like, and I will be there to enjoy the fruit of their efforts.

Wozman23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pico Rivera, CA
I think it's time to move to new IP. I was suprised they didn't with the PS4 seeing as how they'd always transitioned to new IP each console cycle.

But to those saying they don't think they could go back and do another Jak justice, just look at Insomniac and Ratchet right now. They went darker with Resistance, and more realistic with Fuse, and more photorealistic with Spider-Man, but they fell right back into Ratchet, and it looks amazing.

Granted, I don't want another Jak game, but I think they can definitely still go the route of something similar. I'd love them to swing back in a more colorful, whimsical direction.

This is the only acceptable answer.
dwAsuPX.gif

tumblr_n8vgvzdm6i1r2sszso7_r1_500.gifv
As much as I like Naughty Dog creating their own IP, I'd be so down for a Futurama game! I still miss that IP so damn much.

Tusken77

Oct 27, 2017
England, United Kingdom
Just started TLOU2 and couldn't help but notice just how much
space stuff
is in Elllie's room. I like to think we're getting a fun sci-fi romp in the form of Savage Starlight after the darkness of this current game.