• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
Pretty sure they'll make another story driven third person cover shooter thing. That's what they're set up to do and that's probably what Sony wants.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
I bet the roadmap looks something like:

Sci-fi IP > TLoU Pt. III (don't know how II ends though, please don't spoil) > New IP sequel

Maybe replace Pt III with a Lost Legacy type TLoU game.

Oct 25, 2017
e9acc28b14f43436c939e59162fd8f42.jpg

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping for a sci-fi/space opera game that is more whimsical than serious but still manages to tug at our emotions.

Imagine Mass Effect but with Naughty Dog flair and execution.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
naughtydog have always been trend chasers

crash was made during a time where 3D platformers were a hit

the later jak games were aping GTA

and uncharted and last of us were peake 7th gen

so who knows what's gonna happen

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
They hint at space so damn much in their games that it has to be space related at this point

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Savage starlight

naughtydog have always been trend chasers

crash was made during a time where 3D platformers were a hit

the later jak games were aping GTA

and uncharted and last of us were peake 7th gen

so who knows what's gonna happen
None of this is true to the point u had to leave uncharted and tlou as peak 7th gen for chasing example like it makes any sense.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
ND is kind of a completely different company now from the company that worked on Crash and Jak/Daxter. I don't think they would be able to do justice to a new Jak.
TBH, a lot of aspects of Jak and Daxter, specifically the owtheedge earlier 2000s gta but for kids tone. Haven't aged well at all.

Savage starlight

None of this is true to the point u had to leave uncharted and tlou as peak 7th gen for chasing example like it makes any sense.
You know GTA is the reason why Jak 2 immediately went full edgy, city sandbox, with tons of driving, shooting, and car stealing? Jak 1 was their attempt at Mario 64. They crunched like hell to make Uncharted play like gears of war. TLOU was peak 7th gen design trends. Uncharted 4, LL, and TLOU2 all feature much larger levels and are in general less linear than what came before not just with the levels themselves but also when it comes to encounter design, this ensures lots of player agency which is again, a trend of this gen. ND absolutely follow trends and polish them to a mirror sheen.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
They tried their hands at zombie horror with TLoU, now I want some horror based on supernatural creatures, and with no fucking stealth. Make it something like The Order: 1886, just not sucky.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for a new IP. I think Uncharted can be made by somebody else if Sony really needs another one.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
I always say the same thing in these threads. Cowboy bebop/guardians of the galaxy type of adventure should be their next game

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really care to see daxter get mutilated in front of his friend for naughty dog to prove a point

Probably space

Also TLOU2 came out less than 24 hours ago can y'all fuckin chill for Christ sake

Oct 25, 2017
If Naughty Dog's next game is The Last of Us 3 I will be upset. That would make an entire generation + first game of the next generation making sequels and resmasters to PS3 games. Boring

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
PLEASE be something other than Uncharted or The Last of Us. They need to make a entirely different IP.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want a sci-fi game unless that element is very, very subdued and not like the plethora of other cyberpunk/space opera/etc sci-fi games.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I love TLOU it would be awesome to get a Sci-fi game from them.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
They are teasing Savage Starlight for a decade now. Make it happen.

After TLOU Factions of course.

Legend J 858

Oct 25, 2018
A open world action adventure espionage game. Since R* decided to abandon Agent.

Naughty Dog is that studio with the right staff and writers to make a good one.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I would love to see them try something completely different than what they are used to doing. Like an RPG or create a huge fantasy style trilogy. Something different.