• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
This is based on another topic, where someone pointed out this specific part from Uncharted 4:

Made me realize how many Naughty Dog moments there are that actually make you feel something, even when there's no cutscenes involved, like this one. Yeah the cutscene at the beginning helps...but the simple touch of walking to that Jeep, starting the engine, starting the trip...and the piano song getting higher and more dramatic as you go on. I found it extremely effective.

Another one for me, happened during the same game:

Again, a moment where no words need to be said. The look on Elena's face (starting at 2:45) as Drake lights up in excitement with the discovery. The music is gone. The way she says "It's incredible." not very convincing, because she realizes that this is who Drake is, and always will be. The way he apologizes when he realizes what's happening. Her expression and voice acting answering "It's okay." The editing, the facial expressions, that damn piano near the end again.

Another one that hit me hard, was during The Last of Us when Ellie says "I'm not her, you know?" And the way Joel follows that with "You're treading on some mighty thin ice here". The way that entire scene builds up, the soundtrack in the background, the writing, even their facial expressions. Joel looks legitimately scared to even start a conversation about his daughter. This was for a PS3 game. To me, this hit me harder than the Giraffe moment later on the game:

Do you have more picks? There's many, including some during gameplay as well.

Let's remember some of them in preparation for tomorrow's next Naughty Dog trailer.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
E1989AE55453DA6FAF1EA78C528D80077F8CC310

I've seen that type of look before šŸ˜”

Oct 25, 2017
"Ellie! You are treading on some mighty thin ice here..."

"EVERYONE FUCKING EXCEPT FOR YOU"

And of course Ellie's legendary "...Ok..."

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I agree with every scene mentioned by OP.

I will add TLOU ending.

"Swear to me"

*Gustavo Santaolalla's The Path starts to play*

"Swear to me that everything you said about the Fireflies is true"

"I swear"

"Okay."

Holy shit my eyes were watering

Best ending ever.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I get chills every time the music cue hits and Ellie says "I'm not her, you know..."

God damn, that scene is so good.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Not to me. I'm sorry, but the people to really hit me in the feels are BioWare, Kojima, Obsidian, and CDProjekt RED.

TLOU is the only ND to even get any feels from me.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
TLOU had it's superb moments, certainly but this conversation would include other excellent devs over the years if ND wasn't exclusive.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned - Thread Derailment
Let's get this circle jerk going!

But seriously, the hyperbole

RogueDeadGuy

Jan 27, 2019
I really liked when Nate and Elena were going up the elevator in U4. Just a really quaint moment. I remember thinking, wow, this is really nice.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chloe coming to the realization about the truth about her father in The Lost Legacy. Easily Naughty Dog's best game, fight me.

OP
OP
Tiago Rodrigues

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Chloe coming to the realization about the truth about her father in The Lost Legacy. Easily Naughty Dog's best game, fight me.

The part she realizes her dad actually got there and that object she caried around was actually important for the mission?
That scene was amazing as well!

And...i think it had a much better pacing than Uncharted 4 for sure.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
"Had to be me, someone else might have gotten it wrong."

"Snake, had a hard life."

"Traveled half the world to find you, but I never intended to force anything on you."

These are the moments from games that hit me like nothing else.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Gotta love good writing. And music. And performances. And attention to detail.

Uncharted 4 was such a pleasant surprise in that regard. Some truly poignant character moments and one of the best and most realistic couple in videogames. Really didn't expect that from the franchise, it was a huge step up and made it a lot more special to me compared to the previous entries.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The opening to the Last of Us and Sarah dying in Joel's arms, then hard cutting to the title was just incredible. One of, if not the best openings to a game ever.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Daxter choosing (Jak 1 end spoiler) not to turn back into a human so that the world could be properly saved actually got me a little as a young 'un.

That's pretty much it though.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not to me. I'm sorry, but the people to really hit me in the feels are BioWare, Kojima, Obsidian, and CDProjekt RED.

TLOU is the only ND to even get any feels from me.

I think I pretty much agree with this?

I have a hard time getting into TLOU like everyone else though. I remember people going crazy about the intro, but it couldn't have hit any softer for me.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Press triangle to give a boost, Ellie comes and climbs up

Winter happens

Press triangle to give a boost...Ellie doesnt come, she's sitting alone, quiet.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
In UC4, Love the pirate scene as well with Elena just watching. Libertalia is the best sections of the game.
In TLOU Sarah's death hit hard.
This one also in Winter
giphy.gif

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
This forum sometimes man... I mean, you are all free to start your own thread with the very same premise for other IPs, no one's stopping you and threads based on the premise of a previous one has been a thing for a good while.

On topic: Those little moments between Drake and Elena in UC4 are the reason I'm definitely replaying it when I get a Pro and a good 4K set later this year. The Last of Us... I won't mention because you all know those moments and I've played through that game so many times that I remember the dialogue clear as day. They're gonna hit us harder with Part II, I can tell.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
The ranch scene in tlou is the only time a game has made me get emotional. Really fucking good acting

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
The scene where Ellie realizes the kid (Henry?) is infected, prompting him to be shot and then his colleague (father? brother?) to kill himself. Jaw-dropping.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
when I realized that Nathan was just going to keep lying to Elena, I really felt that. And feeling bewildered by Sam's appearance

UC4 really just frustrated me

Parts of TLOU got to me though. Carrying Ellie out of the hospital at the end in particular.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
The part she realizes her dad actually got there and that object she caried around was actually important for the mission?
That scene was amazing as well!
That scene nearly made my eyes roll clean out of my head. Cliche traffic jam.

"You mean to say she's been following in the footsteps of her lost father and the trinket he sent her was a key to the secret door? Next you'll be telling me the power was within her all along and the real treasure was the friends they made along the way!"

Christ I hope TLOU2 has some different people doing the writing.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
The part where Sam's lie was revealed, I think I was more shocked and angry at Sam than Nate. Mainly because Alkazar looked like he was going to be a pretty awesome final villain XD

Also the line and delivery of "We're not those kids anymore" ended me.

As for TLOU, I can't play that game with dry eyes anymore. PART 2 will end me.

Oct 27, 2017
TLoU was pretty much nothing but emotional moments from start to end.

I didn't think the story was anything special honestly, it was the character performances and execution that elevated it to something quite different.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Got to disagree.

Predictable games with poor pacing and average combat are the things i personally associate with naughty dog games. I know I'm in the minority especially on this board but the games at least are absolutely gorgeous.

Red Dead, Lost Odyssey, even the citadel DLC in mass effect were much more successful at "hitting the feels" than anything they've done.