• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This dude has been normalizing hate for years. Seems like companies are too afraid to let him go despite his shitty behavior.
Which is unfortunate, honestly. Even if the developers in question don't share his beliefs, the fact that they're continuing to let Reuben use the platform they gave him to push such bullshit is sickening.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
We need to start tweeting at people involved at Capcom to drop him. I just sent a tweet out to Matthew Edwards(@TheStreetWriter) and if anyone knows anyone else that we could tweet at, please share!

dreamobserver

Oct 27, 2017
who's gonna be the boogeyman when we're all half robot creatures? Crazy how some people fall down rabbit holes of hate like this. Sad.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Is this the guy that most developers are scared to drop because he got some expensive mocap studio or something?

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Anyone find it funny that a stunt person is defending Gina who won't let her stunt woman do their jobs?

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Sigh..

y1xe0Ul.gif

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
When did that happen? That was supposedly a hurdle in dropping him before, right?
Capcom has been working on their own studio for a while (we saw them use a different studio than Just Cause for SFV in the Winter Update), while someone noted that Sony has their own studio in another thread. That still leaves the issue of Reuben having friends in high places.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom has been working on their own studio for a while (we saw them use a different studio than Just Cause for SFV in the Winter Update), while someone noted that Sony has their own studio in another thread. That still leaves the issue of Reuben having friends in high places.
Like begets like. It's probably gonna be a while before he sees any comeuppance, given how he's got his fingers in so many pies across the industry.

ASEdouard

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
User Banned (Permanent) - Dismissive commentary on sensitive issue, Trolling
Ah, I see it's time to drag out and throw tar and feathers at some other random idiot. Sure, guy has crappy opinions. He should then go into a hole and die? Have no job? Some of you are scary.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
God if I was any good at photoshop I'd put Ben Shapiro's face on Nero's body for shits and giggles

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
I find it funny how after decades of treating the voice actors in their games as interchangeable NOW Capcom decides to stand by one of them.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
This is a perfect example of how shitty the games industry still is. Reuben Langdon has been unambiguously bigoted for a while now, but since he is inconvenient to cut ties with he has been given a free pass. Game companies know that they can employ him and there will be a small backlash, but not enough to justify the inconvenience of making other arrangements. What a sad state of affairs.

Dustlander

Dec 25, 2017
Brazil
It takes one asshole to absolutely destroy a character you used to like. Goddamn it.

I wish they would just recast Dante (and Ken) already.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Ah, I see it's time to drag out and throw tar and feathers at some other random idiot. Sure, guy has crappy opinions. He should then go into a hole and die? Have no job? Some of you are scary.

He has defended a rapist, mocked women who stand up and share their stories of being raped, he's a covid denier, he hates the Black Lives Matters movement, he's supporting another shitty person who is transphobic and a holocaust denier.

Reuben is a piece of shit. He doesn't deserve the success he has, and is an absolute threat to all the good people in this world.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Do these people not like their jobs?

Imagine all the things you can stand up for, and you chose this..

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Yeah he's definitely got to go! Literally contacted one of my friends and he was literally among the ones calling out Reuben. Reuben's literal responses to him consist of "God bless *insert this*". I'm pretty certain he responds without bothering to even read the replies and does so with a shit-eating grin!

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

The thing is, when people advocate dangerous things, and they have a platform that gives them a great deal of visibility, it causes a great deal of potential harm. Especially for people who are already in compromised positions. If everyone in the industry cut ties with Reuben Langdon it would be because Reuben Langdon has gone out of his way to spread harmful propaganda. He would only have himself to blame; much like Gina Carano (who I had been a fan of since her days as a pioneer in the world of MMA).

Do these people not like their jobs?

Imagine all the things you can stand up for, and you chose this..

Reuben thinks he is invincible. He doesn't foresee anyone cutting him over any of this. So far he has been proven to be correct. Hopefully the tide turns.

Mar 18, 2020

Not so much "random idiot" as "unapologetically bigoted voice actor and motion capture studio proprietor who the games industry continues to employ."

There are other jobs he can do.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA

First off: Not random! He's a known voice actor and motion capture actor.

2nd: Those "crappy opinions" are literally offenses towards certain types of people! Plus he's defended terrible people like known molestor Vic Mignonia.

3rd: Okay, that's going too far thinking we want him to perish! We most certainly don't. We are calling out bigotry! If anything, he's undeserving of the success he gets!

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I see it was time for your 233rd message since 2017. Ffs

Apr 21, 2018
Didn't this guy already get fired/cancelled?

I can't even keep up with how many shit bags are in this industry.

But, luckily I can look forward to his career in gaming ending and me never having to come across him or his voice.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Not defending him or Gina, but where is the Holocaust denial thing coming from? Anybody have anything they said to that effect?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Basic human decency and social graces aside, companies that profess to believe in and support progressive values shouldn't enrich people who act contrary to those goals.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
This guy has been baring his bright red baboon ass for years and now he's just shaking it proudly knowing not much will be done about it.

I still find it so odd that Ben Shapiro is fine with helping Gina who is anti-semitic, and Rueben who is a holocaust denier often references Ben Shapiro.

OutToLunch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, he definitely seems like he thinks he's untouchable but the reality is you never know when your corporate overlords are just going to throw their hands up and walk away.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
It fucking sucks how big his shitty mocap studio is in gaming. He needs to get tossed the fuck out. I use to be a big fan of his stunt work for DMC and Power rangers but dude gotta go.

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
Correct me if im wrong but free speech only stops the government from denying you the ability to say what you want right? So if you say some crazy shit and a private company wants to fire you, they hav that right. Again, if im wrong someone please tell me.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Correct me if im wrong but free speech only stops the government from denying you the ability to say what you want right? So if you say some crazy shit and a private company wants to fire you, they hav that right. Again, if im wrong someone please tell me.

Yeah. And if it's damaging to the company's image they could even seek damages afaik

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Appreciate the response. So yea it kills me when I see people yelling "free speech" without even understanding how it actually works

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it."

I think it's a 50/50 mix. Some people (Republican politicians, Fox News) pretend not to understand how it works so they can lend the affront of "cancel culture" more legitimacy. The other half of people are just dumb.