• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shitty situation, and I really feel for Neil and the rest of ND.

It's going to be two long months until the game releases.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
Wow. Some people.

C7-AF0-F44-35-BA-439-C-B811-B7357-C712-FAE.jpg

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I dont normally hope someone gets fired, but.. I'm not sorry I hope someone gets fired if this was via a disgruntled employee.

And anyone that posts spoilers outside a designated spoiler thread is an absolute fucking asshole.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just like when Endgame had a sizzle reel of it's biggest spoilers, I will do everything to avoid spoilers again for Naughty Dog's next masterpiece.

There is no point being 'careful' on social media. Just don't go on it instead.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad I don't really care about spoilers because people are just posting them in Twitter threads. Already seen stuff that I didn't intend to.

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
I don't even care about the last of us 2 but holy fuck avoid social media at all costs if you care one bit. I clicked a wario64 tweet about the release date and it was just a ton of pictures and text with massive spoilers.

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
I feel a lot of regret that I read the spoilers because I know actually getting the real experience would have been so much better than reading 12 cynical bullet points that glaze over the plot. It sounded bad the way it was condensed into bullet points and out of context streamable clips, but I think we all know its somehow going to end up being incredible

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I read spoilers. Hope it was someone trolling but I'm pretty upset. Was really looking at playing this spoiler free.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck that dev. Fuck him. Hes the fucking worst. The most anticipated game of the year and you fucking leak it! go to hell.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): Hostility
This has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Druckmann's tweet is plastered in the topic showing more concern for spoilers leaking then ever addressing the issues he helped foster in ND at the cost of jobs and well being of the people working there. It's a perfectly fine thing to bring up.
Shitty post coming from ya, not a surprise.
Yeah not a surprise that I dislike shitty people and someone else would defend them. Fanboys gonna fanboy.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
all the "this is really shitty for the team, who are very excited to bring this to you" framing feels funny in a grim way considering if anything it's been made pretty clear that a lot of the team is incredibly tired of working at Naughty Dog.

pretty sure being made to crunch a ton hurts a bit more than having the game's story leaked out.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Druckmann's tweet is plastered in the topic showing more concern for spoilers leaking then ever addressing the issues he helped foster in ND at the cost of jobs and well being of the people working there. It's a perfectly fine thing to bring up.

Yeah not a surprise that I dislike shitty people and someone else would defend them. Fanboys gonna fanboy.

Fanboy? Look who's talkin.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

They aren't the fanboys here...

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
all the "this is really shitty for the team, who are very excited to bring this to you" framing feels funny in a grim way considering if anything it's been made pretty clear that a lot of the team is incredibly tired of working at Naughty Dog.

pretty sure being made to crunch a ton hurts a bit more than having the game's story leaked out.
A lot of the team ? B
You only need one person leak stuff like this and ND is much more than one person regardless of ERA Druckmann jokes....

Oct 25, 2017

They both hurt. It's not a contest.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Will that plugin block images?I got youtube word blocked. But worried about images.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Well I feel really bad for the team.... it sucks. I'm gonna avoid youtube now like the plague just like I did with FFVII remake.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
My friend has been crying about this, it's a realll shit feeling when something you been killing yourself over gets sent out and ruined for people early.

People are so selfish and fucked. But its the process of moving from a creative medium, to releasing it to the public. Always feels like giving your child away.

Too bad the internet can fucking suck. But its good a lot of people are avoiding and protecting from it.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Fanboy? Look who's talkin.
What are you talking about? There's no defending a work environment like what ND has created. I agree with Jason that there are better ways to show their frustration than leaking the entire game when so many people are involved not just the terrible decision makers over there.

Oct 25, 2017
Take heart if the game was accidentally spoiled for you: you'll probably still have a good time. Context is king when it comes to story and it's easy to hear a snippet like "Snape Eats Dumbledore" and freak out, but you still lack context. You don't know how or why or anything. I myself saw some info from the leaks and now I'm mostly just curious. I don't feel spoiled. I'm actually more interested than I was before. How will that all play out?

We're so used to learning things linearly in stories, but sometimes it can be an interesting exercise to approach a story from a different way. To know the end in the beginning, regardless of how the storyteller tells the story.

Obviously, don't spoil yourself and whoever leaked this is garbage, but I'm just saying: it's not the end of the world. It might actually make it better.