• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dhx

Sep 27, 2019
Finally

Show us what's on page 47 you teasing bastards.

I've waited 13 years and counting for that damn reveal...

Interesting post from the wiki:

The contents are about Area 51. This was previously discussed in the movie a few times. To bring numbers into years, 1947 was when Roswell happened. Also, if you pause the movie when Ben is taking a picture of the page, it is photo number...you guessed it...51.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think aliens should be involved, that will jump the shark.

Nic Cage does however needs to steal the Space Shuttle.

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
I really enjoyed the first one, don't think I recall the second one much, may have to check out out again to have an opinion.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
The first National Treasure was a lot of fun.

It feels a little cringey misogynisty upon a modern re-watching, but symptom of the its time, I guess.

Didn't quote it, but the comment that referred to it as the 'smart' one of the two made me LOL, even though I guess its true enough.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
rejoice.png

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
He could burn down the Whitehouse again like 1814, which will reveal the location of the Mayflower where he will find some old tat in a barrel.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Oh hell yes. If there is one sequel years later I don't mind it's this. National Treasure deserved 5 movies, not pirates. Crank the cage up to 11 and just go wild with the setup.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
I've waited 13 years and counting for that damn reveal...

Interesting post from the wiki:

The Washington Monument is actually a rocket ship that will travel to George Washington's real tomb on the dark side of the moon where the original piece of lightning Ben Franklin discovered is still held

So what I'm gathering from this thread, is that what you all actually want is National Treasure 3 to be a loose adaptation of Conduit 2:

I'm definitely on board for that.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Really liked the first National Treasure but never saw the second one. I need to get around to it and I'm glad part 3 is happening since I'm jonesing for another action-adventure film.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news. MUST have Nick Cage.....please have a lengthy franchise. National Treasure 7, 8, 9, whatever...just bring it! I'll watch 'em all!

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nice! If it has Cage then day 1. Wouldn't be the same without him. I've seen the first 2 many times.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
The first film was amazingly entertaining, but Book of Secrets was dumb as Cage's hairstyle in that movie... /: (

I hope the 3rd would be like the first.

International Treasure. Ben Gates impersonates Nicholas Cage to steal the Great Wall of China, the Eiffel Tower and the Pyramids of Egypt.
That's actually great title.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
These were pretty fun dumb movies, I'd probably watch a third at least once. But you've gotta have Nic Cage

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i can't imagine they'd do a new one in the 2020s without john cena in lieu of nic cage... or some shit. but here's hoping

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
People wanted this? The first two movies were dogshit, especially Book of Shadows.

Wrong by any metric. It's actually always been baffling they only made two of these (and this is just script talk, that's not set in smoke, let alone stone). They did great box office numbers, and the main cast probably wouldn't be hard to sign.

You'd think in creatively-bankrupt Hollywood, they'd kill for an easy score like an NT3

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Oh yes the first 2 movies are a stupid guilty pleasure of mine, well that and that I adore Diane Kruger.