• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 42026

I anticipated that I would drop off a bit as a result of my attention being divided today, but seeing as I would only need an additional 2k per day over the remaining four days, it doesn't matter much.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
WC: 50881

Yeah, I fell below the daily count for the first time today, but so what? I already won yesterday (speaking of, where's the verification on the new NaNo site? I've been looking since yesterday and I can't find it). And I already had the emotional climax of this book. I just need to write one last conclusive fight and then go back and write a chapter or two to get the story started and then I can put this one away for a long time before looking at it with fresh eyes for editing.

OP
OP
FlowersisBritish
Oct 25, 2017
WC 42204

God that was a lot of writing tonight! And I'm still behind ;_:

Though honestly, I feel a lot better about where I'm at. As long as I get to 45k before Friday, I can totes bust out 5k I need to hit that 50k. Bad news is I've got only one chapter preplanned and I have no idea where to go after this!

OP
OP
FlowersisBritish
Oct 25, 2017
WC: 49037

đź‘€

giphy.gif

OP
OP
FlowersisBritish
Oct 25, 2017
Something something MOTIVATION! something something YOU CAN DO IT something something WE'RE ALMOST THERE! and then Eye of the Tiger starts playing.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 44049

Lots of new material from applying "show, don't tell" to an old chapter by having the lead show a character formerly part of the starting cast (to be upgraded back to main later in the story) around campus. A good bit of foreshadowing here and there, too.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 50011

Four years in a row! I finally got four-year varsity. Feels good.

I was planning on writing until the end of November, but I have family visiting me tomorrow, so maybe I'll take a little break. Another year down, and another ahead.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
WC: 52100

Went back and started writing the start of my book today. Hopefully I'll finish that soon and get to write the closing fight before the month is over. I'd like to be able to write the closing "To be continued..." while still in NaNo.

I was planning on writing until the end of November, but I have family visiting me tomorrow, so maybe I'll take a little break. Another year down, and another ahead.
Congrats!

Ivy Veritas

Jan 5, 2019
WC: 41335

I think I'm going to have to officially bow out. I can't make up the difference in the three days I have left, especially not when I have plans for two of those days. I'll still report my final word count, though.

On the plus side, I mostly resolved the plot hump I was having difficulty with, and managed to finish off the first draft for my next Patreon release. It's not perfect, but I'll tidy it up a bit over the next few drafts, and then I might think about rearranging the timeline slightly when it's time to work on the ebook.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 50,056

And I'm finished!

9b7d0IF.png

Can't believe it's been four years since I last 'won' Nano. I also cannot believe that Inktober was only a month ago, and I also somehow managed to do that to completion. Ugh, I need to relax my creative muscles for a bit. I kinda bled that muscle dry, trying to extend this last story to reach the 50k mark

OP
OP
FlowersisBritish
Oct 25, 2017

crystals-7.gif

And I'm finished!

9b7d0IF.png

Can't believe it's been four years since I last 'won' Nano. I also cannot believe that Inktober was only a month ago, and I also somehow managed to do that to completion. Ugh, I need to relax my creative muscles for a bit. I kinda bled that muscle dry, trying to extend this last story to reach the 50k mark

toms-11.gif

Timu

Oct 25, 2017

And I'm finished!

9b7d0IF.png

WC: 50467

Yay! Now I finally read the books I bought over the past month.
Great job guys, glad you managed to do it.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
WC: 48283

After just more than 5k words today I decided to finish it tomorrow, but I'm glad I managed to reach this far. It's been a while since I wrote so much in one day.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 52100

Went back and started writing the start of my book today. Hopefully I'll finish that soon and get to write the closing fight before the month is over. I'd like to be able to write the closing "To be continued..." while still in NaNo.

Congrats!
Thanks all!

And I'm finished!

9b7d0IF.png

spider

CLANG
On Break
Oct 23, 2017
Australia
I love this! I'm a sucker for character art, so, if you're still offering:

Halley Edmonds is a Victorian woman in her early twenties. She's just barely five feet tall and petite. She has crazy, curly blonde hair that she can sometimes tame with a lot of hair product and patience, but generally she just lets it do its own thing. She wears round spectacles over big, brown eyes, and her nose is small and turns up. She is pretty shy and anxious, but she always comes through when it counts. She's an astronomer in a Lovecraftian steampunk setting, so feel free to have fun with her outfit ^.^
🕷️

Last edited:

deli

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 48,829
Hopefully finishing by the end of tomorrow!

And I'm finished!

9b7d0IF.png

Congrats to all!

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
WC: 88381

Congrats to all the new winners!

I need less than 4000 words in the next two days to set a new personal record. Can I do that while spending an entire night outside for charity? I have no idea! Either way, this is more than I wrote in 2017 when I last did this, and that's a great feeling.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Congrats to all who've met their goals so far!

I was on pace to finish early this year having 47,449 words on Tuesday, and then I threw my back out yesterday. So after a painful day in bed and a slightly less painful day having dinner with the family, going to try to push forward and get this done!

Let's Go!

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
WC: 45184

personal record by over 10k words.

Good luck to everyone else pushing to close it out, and congrats to all the winners.

OP
OP
FlowersisBritish
Oct 25, 2017
TWO DAYS LEFT TWO DAYS LEFT TWO DAYS LEFT

I for one am still a decent bit behind. Its gonna be a close year for me...... as I see it is for a lot of people too. I am excited to see a couple dozen plus winners in the next two days. Don't you disappoint me!

giphy.gif

Side note: boy I do hope Midramble didn't drop the ball this year :P

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
WC: 53100

I have successfully (for a generous definition of "successfully") stitched the beginning I started writing a couple days ago to where I started writing the story. All that's left for the next couple days is the climactic action sequence.

Sure, "all".

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, you're right fleur. A dozen completed, another dozen right at benchmark, and a third dozen who could very plausibly meet the last push. That's a lot of winners again.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Go get it everyone! Set some PBs!

Edit: I don't want to spend a night outside in the cold tonight for charity, but it wouldn't really mean much if it didn't come with sacrifice. Tomorrow I'll be lucky to write a sentence.