• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they recast James. Guy Cihi is a nutjob fuck who deserves no more roles, right alongside Reuben Langdon.

May 26, 2018
Dreading the fuck outta this. My gut instinct is
ht_spanish_painting_jesus_badly_restored_thg_120822_wblog.jpg

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Eh...a reboot would indicate they would continue the story. Shattered Memories is more like re-imagining as the story has no avenue for continuation as it is well tied up in all the endings.

Which is the same I think for this Bloober's Silent Hill 2.

Haha what you are referring to is the definition of soft reboot like GOW or MK9 but Shattered Memories was the definition of a full reboot with reimagining like Mirror's edge and Tomb Raider. What we may get in the new SH leaked is supposed to e a soft reboot. What we are getting with SH2 is a non 1:1 remake. I k'ow it can get be confusing some times haha.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yo what's up with guy Cihi ? Not aware of it. Tbh hadnt heard of him outside of sh2.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I'm confused how no one knew anything last week, SH rumors was almost seen as a meme, now that Dusk talked all of the sudden people knew about this too.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
'See? I'm real' sequence. I would need to see that one remastered, plus half an hour of Bloober team talking about how they're passionate to a miniscule atomic levels and how they will preserve Team Silent's legacy, to have faith in this.

Thay being said... Carefully, silently...hyped, a bit?

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite games ever. Not that optimistic about this remake, just a graphical punch up and maybe recast voice actors would be all I'd want at this point

Man Sony Spartacus or whatever the hell that service is called really needs to put up 2 and 3 to play

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Any Silent Hill remake would have to be exceptional for me to bother with. Much more interested in new games, and the old games are too sacred.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
I've said it before, but Bloober Team remaking Silent Hill 2 is literally a worst case nightmare scenario. Especially with them changing the puzzles and adding endings, good god.

Silent Hill 2 was lightning in a bottle, so any remake without the original team is already like making a George Lucas-style Special Edition of Se7en without David Fincher. Just remaster it. But to have Bloober Team doing is downright disastrous.

Hopefully they recast James. Guy Cihi is a nutjob fuck who deserves no more roles, right alongside Reuben Langdon.
Definitely not. It doesn't matter what he's like in real life, he pretty much is James Sunderland. The character was even modelled after him. Apparently he did something horrendous I wasn't aware of.

Last edited:

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Antagonizing Fellow Member; History of the Same; Please Consider Using the Ignore Function in Future
I hope this happens so that person with the blossom avatar provides us with a delicious meltdown thread. Then we'll learn the blossom monster came from an artist at Bloober and it'll be like a chef's kiss.

Full disclosure, I enjoyed LoF and BW from Bloober so I'd be curious how'd they do SH.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Fucking horrible. F-tier edgelord developer that looks down on people who have experienced trauma remaking an A-tier game with a sensitive story. Radical.

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
Wish we could just leave silent hill 2 alone and move past it, I would love to see something new and creative.

It's a great game but i'm kind of over it.
Blooper doesn't have the maturity or chops to take on something like this imo.

But it sounds like they won't be making too many changes story wise at least. I'll reserve judgement until release but not feeling optimistic.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not. It doesn't matter what he's like in real life, he pretty much is James Sunderland. The character was even modelled after him.
I don't care how much you like him as the character. We're talking about a guy who believes COVID, a virus that killed over 6 million people, and AIDs, which has killed over 36 million, are hoaxes. He doesn't just believe it, he spreads these so called opinions to anyone who listens, which is predominately Silent Hill fans that have built a cult of personality around him. YES, it fucking matters what he's like in real life. He will be paid for the job. He will be further platformed by it.

Are you listening to yourself?

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
On the plus side: They have the base material, hopefully they do not fuck it up
On the Down Side: DO NOT FUCK IT UP, THIS IS FUCKING SILENT HILL 2

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They already remade 1. Shattered Memories.
Shattered Memories was supposed to be a remake originally, when Konami hired Climax Studios. If I recall correctly, the guys at Climax weren't interested in doing a Silent Hill 1 remake. They then realized that Konami wasn't specific with how much the game needed to resemble SH1, so they used that loophole to create a completely original game that just begins similarly to SH1 and has characters with the same names as the characters from 1.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
That user (and a couple others as well) have this bizarre thing of acting as the Supreme Silent Hill protector and no one else should dare to go against them and their sacred franchise.
It has long crossed the line of just being attached to it, it's just annoying and weird at this point, and I usually try to respect those who are truly passionate about something.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely not. It doesn't matter what he's like in real life, he pretty much is James Sunderland. The character was even modelled after him.

Lmao get a fucking grip. Wtf am I reading? Do you seriously not realize how stupid, irresponsible, and detached from reality that type of perspective is? So let's take this idiocy to its logical conclusion, by your logic those called out in the #metoo movement should still be afforded roles cause "it doesn't matter what they're like in real life". You're a clown.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I'm confused how no one knew anything last week, SH rumors was almost seen as a meme, now that Dusk talked all of the sudden people knew about this too.

the Domino effect, Dusk opened the floodgates at the cost of them getting DMCA'd and now that we are past that and made aware of SH actually making a comeback, others who may have heard about the same are putting what they know out there. at least, that's my theory.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
When you're saying it doesn't matter what someone that much of an asshole does in real life, it's time to take a step back from the romanticized worship of every aspect of SH2. Like, it's one of my favorite games of all time but ffs. Guy does NOT deserve to continue playing James.

Shattered Memories was supposed to be a remake originally, when Konami hired Climax Studios. If I recall correctly, the guys at Climax weren't interested in doing a Silent Hill 1 remake. They then realized that Konami wasn't specific with how much the game needed to resemble SH1, so they used that loophole to create a completely original game that just begins similarly to SH1 and has characters with the same names as the characters from 1.
That's not exactly how it went down. Climax were throwing around ideas for a Wii Silent Hill with an ice theme for awhile. That was later turned into a reimagining of SH1 after some conversations about it being on a new platform. I don't think anyone was being sneaky with any loopholes. Their initial pitch was just rejected and they worked some ideas from it into what they eventually made is all.

And as for Shattered Memories, it's a bit more than just the same starting place that goes in a different direction. The entire game is meant to be a mirror to SH1 that subverts fans expectations. The basic flow of the story is the same. Like, "visit the school, walk to "the Balkan", go to hospital, etc." You meet Dahlia at the Balkan, only instead of a church it's a nightclub and Dahlia is... not the same. It's more clever as a SH1 reimagining than people often give it credit for. Though ultimately it does tell a VERY different story.

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
I don't care how much you like him as the character. We're talking about a guy who believes COVID, a virus that killed over 6 million people, and AIDs, which has killed over 36 million, are hoaxes. He doesn't just believe it, he spreads these so called opinions to anyone who listens, which is predominately Silent Hill fans that have built a cult of personality around him. YES, it fucking matters what he's like in real life. He will be paid for the job. He will be further platformed by it.

Are you listening to yourself?
This is me separating the art from the artist. If you have a source of him doing something despicable, I'm open to having my mind changed, but I've never seen anyone take his deranged beliefs seriously.

That user (and a couple others as well) have this bizarre thing of acting as the Supreme Silent Hill protector and no one else should dare to go against them and their sacred franchise.
It has long crossed the line of just being attached to it, it's just annoying and weird at this point, and I usually try to respect those who are truly passionate about something.
It's called having an opinion. I don't appreciate being insulted and I've seen a lot of people jump to the defense of certain games I've criticised before.

Lmao get a fucking grip. Wtf am I reading? Do you seriously not realize how stupid, irresponsible, and detached from reality that type of perspective is? So let's take this idiocy to its logical conclusion, by your logic those called out in the #metoo movement should still be afforded roles cause "it doesn't matter what they're like in real life". You're a clown.
Stop putting words my mouth. I fully support #metoo.

What he do that I don't know about?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
the Domino effect, Dusk opened the floodgates at the cost of them getting DMCA'd and now that we are past that and made aware of SH actually making a comeback, others who may have heard about the same are putting what they know out there. at least, that's my theory.
They should have done that last year.
That way Katha would still be here and would not get harrassed

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
This is me separating the art from the artist.

yeah nah, fuck this. there is no separating the art from the artist because they are the fucking same. they inherently benefit from it. If your policy rings true then we shouldn't be avoiding stuff from the Harry Potter because it's seperate from JK Rowling.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
James honey, did something happen to you? After we got separated in that long hallway? Are you confusing me with someone else?

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
yeah nah, fuck this. there is no separating the art from the artist because they are the fucking same. they inherently benefit from it. If your policy rings true then we shouldn't be avoiding stuff from the Harry Potter because it's seperate from JK Rowling.
I don't support any of JK Rowling's or Guy Gihi's atrocious beliefs.

Sep 14, 2018
This is me separating the art from the artist. If you have a source of him doing something despicable, I'm open to having my mind changed, but I've never seen anyone take his deranged beliefs seriously.

It's called having an opinion. I don't appreciate being insulted and I've seen a lot of people jump to the defense of certain games I've criticised before.

Stop putting words my mouth. I fully support #metoo.

What he do that I don't know about?
He's kind of a nutjob in general, saying there's no evidence of aids is pretty messed up. He could be replaced I think and it'd be fine, but yeah.. disappointing.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
I apologise if I offended anyone. I was approaching my comments from the standpoint of someone who cares about the character and the games.

I was aware that Cihi was posted idiotic conspiracy theories on social media, but it sounds like the situation is more egregious than I realised (with potential indoctrination going on, from what you guys are saying).

I've stricken that out of my comment.

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
I'm gonna have reasonable expectations from this.
All the praise for Shattered memories in this thread warms my hearth. Loved that game.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Don't wanna sound like a ungrateful asshole but... In terms of remake, shouldn't the first Silent Hill get the treatment in priority? PS1 3D games tend to age poorly, SH2 still holds up pretty well (granted, especially playing it with an emulator.)

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Don't wanna sound like a ungrateful asshole but... In terms of remake, shouldn't the first Silent Hill get the treatment in priority? PS1 3D games tend to age poorly, SH2 still holds up pretty well (granted, especially playing it with an emulator.)

The rumors are that Konami is remaking MGS3 and SH2, so they're going for the fan favorite games in each series.