• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Evodelu

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 19, 2019
Make no mistake: I don't feel personally slighted or attacked. If I'm honest, there isn't even an element of indignation here. I'm just a little blown away by the irony of the post in the context of this thread where we are, collectively, condemning racism.
It's not racist to (rightfully) assert that white America (and white folks globally) have a culture of anti-black racism.

White fragility.

Calling out racism is fragility?
The 'ol reverse racism playbook.

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Months): Trolling a sensitive thread over multiple posts, prior ban for similar behavior
It's not racist to (rightfully) assert that white America (and white folks globally) have a culture of anti-black racism.

White fragility.
It is racist to presuppose that about every individual.

There's no such thing as reverse racism. Just racism. What we see in the story in the OP is racism, and what we demonstrated by multiple posters in this thread is racism. Hell, there's an unmoderated racial slur on the first page for good measure.

Maybe the lesson learned should be that people should stop being racist rather than believing they get a pass for one reason or another.

Just be goddamn good to each other.

Last edited:

Evodelu

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 19, 2019
What they say in their private gatherings is 10x worse than this, what they conceal in their hearts is 100x worse.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Inflammatory false comparison

White fragility.
You're making sweeping, negative assumptions about me personally based on my skin color, without knowing me, my friends, my values, my convictions, or actions. Does that sound familiar? Don't we have a name for that?

Evodelu

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 19, 2019
You're making sweeping, negative assumptions about me personally based on my skin color, without knowing me, my friends, my values, my convictions, or actions. Does that sound familiar? Don't we have a name for that?
I haven't said about you. That white folks harbour a culture of anti-black racism is the pure truth.

The reverse racism card ain't working on me.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't said about you. That white folks harbour a culture of anti-black racism is the pure truth.

The reverse racism card ain't working on me.
The original post I quoted clearly said "all white people," and you said "white people globally," so you are leveling those accusations against me. This thread is going downhill fast, though. I wish nothing but peace for you and your family, and I mean that. If you want to hit up my DMs you're more than welcome to.

Evodelu

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 19, 2019
The original post I quoted clearly said "all white people," and you said "white people globally," so you are leveling those accusations against me. This thread is going downhill fast, though. I wish nothing but peace for you and your family, and I mean that. If you want to hit up my DMs you're more than welcome to.
Appreciate the kind words.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Gamergate?

JOqSsL.gif

You ain't been in a public xbox live chat have you? Gaming been full of nasty mofos and edgelords blowing off steam by being an asshole online...
Lmao yes I definitely have and you're right. That's why I said "proved". Turned out a WHOLE lot of people into gaming were like that.

Oct 27, 2017
In a thread about a piece of shit casually saying nigger like it's a regular part of his vernacular, there are people getting offended about a poorly phrased generalization from a poster about racism and a documented history of racism from white people around the world.

Like come on. It definitely should have been phrased differently but the derail is getting ridiculous now.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
All of these responses are definitely white fragility, seen this in person too many times.

BUT WHAT ABOUT MY FEELINGS?!?!?

Look at what that VILE RACIST post member said :(

"Honestly, I think all white people use that word regularly around their other white friends only. Then that moment in the heat of the moment they blurt it out by 'mistake' every time.

I am black and I never use that word with, 'er' or 'a'. So when I get angry I never blurt it out by mistake. Why do all white people do it by mistake?

If it is not part of your regular vocabulary then you would not say it my 'mistake'."

He said those hateful words not out of frustration of another celeb saying it was a 'mistake' being racist, but out of his or her own bigotry!

I never say racist things (and I think of myself as a perfectly random example of a white person). I choose black characters in the videogames I play. I voted for Obama. And yet, this this...black panther party member has the NERVE to insinuate that white people as a collective have a racism problem!

From now on, I am just gonna have to show him and let that n-word fly. That poster is the real racist imho, not the guy who gets paid huge dollars and has a fanbase and casually dropped the word while his buddies in similar circumstances showed no outrage whatsoever outside of warning him it was a public comment.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Hey could y'all address this systemic racism on an individual basis? After all, you are commiting true racism if you don't.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory False Comparison
Wow. There are people getting away with blatant racism right here in this thread.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
yeah, this won't change anything for him personally. he's sorry he got caught but he'll keep right on being a shithead. if he were actually contrite you could tell.

Bwlzero

Jan 6, 2018
Is it snowing in here? On topic though, I enjoyed Nascar for the cars but quickly got away as the racist core of the sport was apparent to me. Not all of them but enough that as much as I enjoyed the cars I can't enjoy the sport(is it a sport?).

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
This is what I never get about racists, homophobes etc.

They know this shit can get them fired but they're so dumb and hateful that they can't even PRETEND not to be shitty

Fuck 'em all

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Really living up to that Nascar hick stereotype. Jesus watching that video and hearing them do damage control felt like Robert durst forgetting he had the mic on. Him using it just casually as a mic check makes it pretty clear this is a word him and his friends use on a regular basis.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
yeah, this won't change anything for him personally. he's sorry he got caught but he'll keep right on being a shithead. if he were actually contrite you could tell.

I agree with that, hell continue to treat that word like it doesn't matter and personally he won't change, But professionally I think things have changed for him at least so that's something.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Of course it's a sport. All motor racing is sport.

Yep. The amount of physical conditioning needed to drive a car at those speeds with the forces it puts on the body, lap after lap, hitting your marks, is tremendous. Not to mention that stock cars can get well over 140 F inside.

A lot of these drivers are elite athletes, run marathons/triathlons in the off-season, etc.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. The amount of physical conditioning needed to drive a car at those speeds with the forces it puts on the body, lap after lap, hitting your marks, is tremendous. Not to mention that stock cars can get well over 140 F inside.

A lot of these drivers are elite athletes, run marathons/triathlons in the off-season, etc.
I will not tolerate this slander of Mike Harmon.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the video and legit lol'd.

Like, what the actual fuck was he thinking? He just...Says the word. I don't understand.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My favorite parts of these threads is how people twist themselves to defend their corporate entity of choice.

Also love how "left leaning, democrat, california" are somehow mean someone is not racist.

The logic on display in this thread would dictate that no one could criticize America as a racist country because that would be stereotyping and thus just as bad as the actual racism black people have to endure from liberals and conservatives alike.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I didn't know Brie Larson had a racist brother. You learn something new everyday!
I can't seem to find anything that suggests they're actually related. Huh. Larson is not her actual last name and it looks like you have to go back to her great-grandmother for it whereas Kyle Larson's birth last name is in fact Larson. I suspect this is not correct but maybe.

And good for Nascar for suspending this idiot. Should be permanent.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
So many sponsors are rightfully dropping him like the ton of radioactive shit he is. Going to be hard to find a drive next year if he doesn't have sponsor money behind him.

Womp womp.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
So many sponsors are rightfully dropping him like the ton of radioactive shit he is. Going to be hard to find a drive next year if he doesn't have sponsor money behind him.

Womp womp.

Notice they terminated it with Kyle. Not his team.

They've definitely set things up for Chip to fire him and replace him with a new driver to save face.