• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...announcement-when-watch-mission-b1209506.html

Announcement is Monday 26th October.

Nasa will hold a major event to announce an "exciting new discovery" about the Moon, it has said.

The space agency did not reveal details about the discovery, but said that it "contributes to Nasa's efforts to learn about the Moon in support of deep space exploration".

It also said that the discovery had come from the Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy, or Sofia.

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
3GMy33j.png

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
They've been undercounting all along, Earth actually has two totally identical moons. They're having a competition to name them.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I purposely shied away from being the first to respond, so the jokes can come in.

But yeah I'm excited for the news.

This part is what gets me.

"contributes to Nasa's efforts to learn about the Moon in support of deep space exploration".

Maybe it's easier to build a base now? Or some slingshot ability? 😁

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna be nothing like always. I feel I've seen tons of these threads about "major scientific announcements" and it's never anything that's interesting or impactful.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I'm super fascinated by space and love to hear about more space exploration stuff, these major announcements from space agencies tend to be a bit of a damp squib.