• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
NASA scientists plan to launch pictures of naked humans into space in the hope of luring aliens to us.

The depictions will also include an invitation to respond should an intelligent alien race find the space nudes.

Fortunately, the hypothetical aliens shouldn't be too shocked by the unsolicited nudes.

The pictures aren't graphic photographs of naked humans but a drawing of a naked man and a woman next to a depiction of DNA.

The man and woman are waving in an attempt to look more inviting.

NASA scientists revealed the image in a study that's part of a project called the "Beacon in the Galaxy" (BITG).

The main aim of the BITG project is to send a message to any alien civilizations that could be out there.

nypost.com

Astronomers suggest sending nude humans images into space for aliens

Space agencies should beam messages — including digitized images of naked humans — into space in the hope of luring aliens to Earth, astronomers have suggested.

I know it's the NY Post, but that head-line is just amazingly clickbait. I am in awe of the utter masters of their craft.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
LOyM1sH.jpg

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
With a radio message that just says "a/s/l?" over and over

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just send this video in to space

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
went from the ultimate "what" to "you genius SOB" so quickly. Whoever wrote the headline is a master of their craft.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
Ahh, reverse Mass Effect, I see.

The pictures aren't graphic photographs of naked humans but a drawing of a naked man and a woman next to a depiction of DNA.

The man and woman are waving in an attempt to look more inviting.

Jokes aside, isn't this exactly what they've already done on the Voyager?

Stygian

Banned
Dec 11, 2021
If it will scare them away and keep us from being invaded, I'll volunteer. No one wants to see this.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Ummm...

Leading with nudes is not a turn on.

My friends, please do not follow the advice of...*checks notes*... the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.

...oh, fuck me we're hopeless.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
35394721_so.jpg

This is what we're going end up with. A bunch of Kim Basinger in her 20s look alikes taking over our planet.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
So what Sagan originally wanted to do with the Golden Record before the needless censorship