• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
Was watching old clips of Naruto just now and all the build up of Lee and Neji being rivals in the chuunin exams just to be completely ignored in the rest of the series sucks. I want to see Lee get a win so bad now. Knowing that the series ended without giving him a proper fight with his rival just hurts man. Neji being done dirty in part two is also bad. Unless Boruto wants to make it happen out of some bullshit. Discuss this travesty with me!

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Everyone that wasn't named Naruto, Sasuke, or Kakashi ended up getting the shit end of the stick, Kishimoto at the end of the day didn't give a single fuck about the cast as a whole

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I always thought Lee was written to be permanently wheelchair-bound. That his character was about a wakeup call to the reader and how in real-life some people are dealt a bad hand no matter what their dreams are, and asking us to think how we saw Lee as a result.

Nope, gets cured.

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought Lee was written to be permanently wheelchair-bound. That his character was about a wakeup call to the reader and how in real-life some people are dealt a bad hand no matter what their dreams are, and asking us to think how we saw Lee as a result.

Nope, gets cured.

Dude does absolutely nothing of note after getting cured either. He almost gets killed by that dude with the bone powers only to get bailed out by Garra and then just kind of hangs out for the rest of the series

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Based on what we saw in the Chuunin Exams, Lee would have probably won. Hell, Lee would have literally beaten everyone except Gaara.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
The real moral of Nort was that hard work dosent beat talent.

Everyone that wasn't named Naruto, Sasuke, or Kakashi ended up getting the shit end of the stick, Kishimoto at the end of the day didn't give a single fuck about the cast as a whole

Could say the same for hero acas class. If your name aint bakugo, deku scrub or boring flame guy you aint getting nothing important to do other than a small moment here or there.

May 9, 2019
I don't understand Kishimoto. Rock Lee and Neji were the most popular characters outside of team 7. Hell, I dont understand how he built up so much comradery between Konoha 11 and did nothing with it.

You start to see their friendship solidify during the Sasuke retrieval arc. The anime fillers after Naruto vs Sasuke build them up even more but once Shippuden happens forget it.

Yeah team 10 had a lot of moments but you can tell Kishi loved that team or in particular Shikamaru. He really hated team Guy though.

Naruto and Sasuke hogged up too many of the fights. Did Sasuke really need to fight Deidara AND win? The whole fight was complete bullshit and Sasuke wank.

Did Naruto really have to hog up the winning blow towards Kakuzu? Team 10 could've handled it but Kishimoto was too damn lazy to make Ino and Choji look cool or develop them.

I still stand by the fact that it should've been Tsunade who fought all the Pains and won resulting in saving the Leaf. But of course she can't...

Its blatantly obvious he stopped caring.

May 9, 2019

Could say the same for hero acas class. If your name aint bakugo, deku scrub or boring flame guy you aint getting nothing important to do other than a small moment here or there.
I heard that the favoritism was starting to get worse. It's even all over the promotion.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Naruto pt1 was legit. the first part of shippuden was meh,
but string of arcs from the Immportals arc to Pain arc was pure fucking HYPE.

then it went to real shit afterwards.
I still can't believe how pointlessly bloated the war was.
having just read the OP's Summit War, it was jarring how bad the shinobi war was.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
i'm rewatching naruto now, then gonna watch shippuden for the first time ever

can't wait to check out the legendary pain arc

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Most side characters in Naruto were treated like trash or almost forgotten outside of Naruto/Sasuke, I wouldn't say this problem is tied to Lee/Neji.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. If you're successful in Naruto, it's because you were born into the right bloodline, have a magical beast sealed inside you or are some sort of once-a-generation genius.

Conversely, if you have some sort of disability, like Lee not being able to project chakra, then you are a complete failure and will never win anything ever.

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. If you're successful in Naruto, it's because you were born into the right bloodline, have a magical beast sealed inside you or are some sort of once-a-generation genius.

Conversely, if you have some sort of disability, like Lee not being able to project chakra, then you are a complete failure and will never win anything ever.
It's kinda crazy to me how Kishimoto contradicted one of the core foundations of his story just 2/3rds of the way in.

I think we need to have a serious discussion on whether Kishi is actually a better writer than Kubo...

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

This exactly. Everyone born with bullshit hacks and literal god tier abilities at the top of the food chain. No one who was grinding their ass off is getting any where near that without paying with their life. Naruto being an idiot and bad at learning things in a traditional manner does not equate to being untalented.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about it, I'm pondering if that when the power levels started going up, Kishi had to make a choice between giving the Konoha Kiddos newfangled power and tools to keep them in the competitive loop, or just use the literally older characters and add new ones who'd yet to be established because it theoretically would make more sense for them to be holding their own against the kind of borderline nuke bringers the villains had upgraded to.

Moreso when of the Konoha lot, the only ones off the top of my head that had any big wins in a post time skip world were Shikamaru who uses plannage over power to beat the Akatsuki's resident dumbass, and Choji who has the ability to just turn GIANT.

But that's just some random musings of mine as of this moment.
In any case, the increase in scope from just the village to the ninja world and something that threatens it all definitely left the Konoha lot in the dust.
Truth be told it never really bothered me, my man Shikamaru got his moment, fuck you, got mine!

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Could you, um, not spoil the fucking thing on a thread title???
The thread title is wrong - OP is complaining that the series ended without said fight. The series also didn't really imply such a fight would ever actually happen outside of the two characters being rivals, so it boils down to "the series includes two side characters who don't fight each other".

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

Nope, gets cured.

I thought the whole point of the Neji fight/backstory in the exams was that no one was locked into their childhood fate.

Oct 28, 2017
Its because there was no reason for Lee to fight Neji after Lee fought Gaara. To me it would have felt anti climatic especially after Naruto already changed what was in Neji's mind after they fought.

Also Drunken Style Lee is fantastic.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Was at a cool comic store a few weeks ago and they had some figures, all I could see were Sasuke, Naruto, Kakashi and Sakura. Wasnt gonna get any but was disappointed I didn't see the Green Beast. Rock Lee and Might Guy were just the best and it's a shame Lee just got fuck all to do near the end.

Still amazes me he goes from absolutely making Sasuke and Naruto looking like jokes in Part 1 but really doesn't get much stronger as the series goes and he's the one that's all about hard work.

nopattern

Nov 25, 2017
I mean after a certain point it didn't really make sense for them to fight? They were on the same team and the rivalry was mostly one-sided I feel like. Also, I feel like after NAruto beat neiji it changed his outlook.
Its because there was no reason for Lee to fight Neji after Lee fought Gaara. To me it would have felt anti climatic especially after Naruto already changed what was in Neji's mind after they fought.

Also Drunken Style Lee is fantastic.
this, there was really no reason for them to fight after a certain point. They were on the same team and the rivalry was somewhat one sided

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Kishimoto didn't seem like he planned ahead the later half of the manga. There were many good things, but it was quite a mess.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I don't understand Kishimoto. Rock Lee and Neji were the most popular characters outside of team 7. Hell, I dont understand how he built up so much comradery between Konoha 11 and did nothing with it.

You start to see their friendship solidify during the Sasuke retrieval arc. The anime fillers after Naruto vs Sasuke build them up even more but once Shippuden happens forget it.

Yeah team 10 had a lot of moments but you can tell Kishi loved that team or in particular Shikamaru. He really hated team Guy though.

Naruto and Sasuke hogged up too many of the fights. Did Sasuke really need to fight Deidara AND win? The whole fight was complete bullshit and Sasuke wank.

Did Naruto really have to hog up the winning blow towards Kakuzu? Team 10 could've handled it but Kishimoto was too damn lazy to make Ino and Choji look cool or develop them.

I still stand by the fact that it should've been Tsunade who fought all the Pains and won resulting in saving the Leaf. But of course she can't...

Its blatantly obvious he stopped caring.

Sasuke v Deidara was fair. Sasuke is just better than Deidara. And well, Sasuke was just the perfect counter to Deidara because of the elemental rules of the series. Deidara was outclassed in every way by Sasuke.

It wouldn't really make narrative sense for Tsunade to beat Pain. Kishimoto was planning to create a fight between the two bute editors forced him to cut it to get to Naruto versus Pain.

The Chunin Exams were created because tournament arcs were all the rage and his editors forced him to do it. And they forced him to create a billion new characters with stories of their own so he didn't have time to create long term plans for them.

The characters in the Chunin Exams were created for that arc only which was why the majority of them don't matter after that arc. Kishimoto picked his favorites to have narrative importance after Part 1 ( Orochimaru, Kabuto, Gaara, Hinata and Shikamaru) then ditched the rest.