• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Your Government offers you to join a program to inject Nano's (robotic machines the size of your blood cells) into your blood system.

This is a test subject for research for Nano tech to be released to the public in 10 years (obviously with restrictions) to test for creating Nano's for specific uses like curing diseases and injuries and possible military use.

Once the Nano is injected in your body, you will feel excruciating pain for 5 hours straight until the Nano has finish installing themselves inside your body (hardening your muscles/bones...etc).

Nano's work like Google and you can give them commands with your mind.

If you participate, you gain these abilities:

1. Immune to ALL KNOWN diseases (AIDs, Cancer, viral infections, poison...etc)
2. Super strength (your limit is being able to lift 80,000 pounds)
3. Super Speed and agility(on par with Cheetah)
4. Bulletproof Skin (soft as regular human skin, but no known bullet/knife or explosion can harm or pernitrate you...only a surgery laser can pernitrate)
5. Super vision (on par with 20x Microscope and also option with xray vision on par with MRI machines without radiation issues)
6. Super Hearing (on par with Dogs, and you can control the level of strength with a thought)
7. Super Healing (if by some chance damage can be inflicted, Nanos can repair and regrow every organ on the body except for your head getting cut off)
8. Super Intelligence: Remember the Matrix as Neo can download different fighting styles and other learning programs? You can do that as well from the government system with a command.
9. Always maintain a certain weight of your choice (Nanos convert the extra fat into positive Proteins that powers the Nano's themselves and the body natural organs)

Additional Restrictions:

Government states that you do not have to be involved with government affairs (they can't force you to do "missions" for the government...i.e. assassin jobs/wars/fights).
Government is not allowed to download any info into your body without your permission. Any updates to the Nano's need to be signed off by you and your personal Lawyer under a NDA.

EMP does NOT work on Nano's...basically they are indestructible.

You can live your own personal life as you please without restrictions (travel around the world...etc).

Rules:

1) Government always has tracking on you - This means whatever you see/hear and touch is being recorded by the government 24/7.
2) You can't become a super hero without the government permission (if you do, you have to abide by the ToS (terms of service) set by the government and wear a mask)
3) No crime that is on state law level or above (small crime like 5 to 10 over limit speeding in a car is fine, as long as you don't get caught by Police or cause any accidents.)
4) No attempts for drawing blood.
5) NDA states you can't tell people on HOW you got your powers or give out secrets to other governments.
6) ANY issue that may happen due to a malfunction to the Nano's that may cause harm or possibly death, the government is not liable(Government sends 100 million dollars to wife and/or kids if death occurs and NDA).

If you Break any of the rules above, Nanos can be shut down and disintegrated instantly from the government from a remote site anywhere in the world. This means you will be a regular person at that point and become an enemy of the government/state.

Would you participate in this project for your country and possibly a hero to the entire world if the project is successful?

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
images_(2).jpg

... and sign me up.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
only if I can alter the constant surveillance rule slightly -- maybe make it more like a body cam, where if I activate my powers over a certain level, the recording/monitoring automatically activates. that way i can at least take a shit/jerk off in peace

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Government is not allowed to download any info into your body without your permission. Any updates to the Nano's need to be signed off by you and your personal Lawyer under a NDA.
Call me a cynic, but given that this is a trial program to turn you into a $100m living weapon with a view towards martial use, I'd have zero faith that this would be actually true. They have the bio-mechanical ability to download programs into your brain. A piece of paper in a regular court won't help you. Plus any discussion between you and your lawyer in the event that you wish to challenge them would be immediately given to them due to the 24/7 monitoring. This is signing your life away under the promise of a power fantasy.

If you Break any of the rules above, Nanos can be shut down and disintegrated instantly from the government from a remote site anywhere in the world. This means you will be a regular person at that point and become an enemy of the government/state.

Plus, should you decide not to follow the inevitable instructions, i suspect the nanodevices could do a lot more than leaving you a regular person. Given the tech level on display here, why wouldnt they have the ability to either incapacitate or take control of you at range, at will, instead? Sure, it's not on the contract, but shutting you down (with the option to blackmail you for continued access to your powers or even removal of the observation), would be the first ability added, and the minute you decide not to play ball, or the 24/7 monitoring reveals even a hint that you might not be 100% a 'team player', you won't be just walking away without nanobots. You are no longer your own person, you're just a monitored host for an incredible, upgradable suite of powers that can also dial into your brain, with an on/off switch held by some anonymous researcher.

Between the strength and fighting styles, it seems like, at this tech level, the nanobots could be doctored to make you punch straight through people instantaneously as a reflex reaction. Complaining about the latest update that controlled you remotely for a second or two and made you kill someone as you looked on, horrified (perhaps any other public opponent of the program?), isn't going to go well for you, given their apparent pull with the government. That's a pretty interesting, undetectable weapon for a nano-agent to have. Especially when they blackmail you by disintegrating the nanobots and leave you facing the murder charge with a defence of 'the update made me do it!' as they hand the doctored data they have from the 24/7 observation of you murdering said target to the prosecution, alongside the NDA that you've just breached too. End result- you're in prison, all your superpowers are remotely shut down, but they keep the 24/7 surveillance for the rest of your life. As insurance. This whole situation of giving away access to tampering with you physically and mentally at range in exchange for a contract seems like a nightmare of human rights with you having less information about your own body than they do.

Would you participate in this project for your country and possibly a hero to the entire world if the project is successful?

As such, I would have to decline this offer to be an experimental, constantly observed supersoldier with wide-ranging abilities able to be remotely 'modified', based on a promise on paper that, despite the 24/7 observation and connection, they wouldn't interfere with their experiment apparently worth $100m. I'm also not overly convinced that this tech corporation is going to be happy using their near-priceless military tech to make superheroes that the global population and your conscience benefit from, rather than their shareholders and customers in the specific militaries interested in buying the tech. I suspect that part of any future sales contract for the finished tech would also be immediate shutdown of any prototype superheroes, or 'assets', rogue or not, perhaps by a variety of the means above.

Perhaps I've seen too many sci-fi films :D

Last edited:

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When Canada develops a super human program in comic books, it usually doesn't turn out well.

exhibit A: Department H - Weapon X program.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So I would just need to live my life normally with the benefits of being disease free and invulnerable, with the strength to do a lot of cool shit for recreational purposes?

Sign me up.

I have a life long chronic illness, and being able to use my body fully at all times without dealing with chronic fatigue and pain would be worth the downsides to me.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Chip truth . . . .is there any possibility that the nanites will overwrite your personality and infect others as well, chummer?

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
Ya sure. Especially if they can fix that thing where your knee goes backwards when walking for no reason.

OP
OP
Josh378

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised Most people here are "Yay!!" for this chance for human enhancement. I would think that depending on where you live at, your trust factor in your Government would make you LESS likely to perform this test.

The rules don't really seem like rules because that's basically how we already live.

Well, I can use my Super strength for heavy duty jobs at home. Building a house by yourself would be simple since your lack of fear of heights and strength will be on par with a working crew and contractor.

So many advantages you can have with this power.

Chip truth . . . .is there any possibility that the nanites will overwrite your personality and infect others as well, chummer?

That is an unknown since you are the first user to use all of the Nano's enhancement abilities at once. That's why you are taking a chance and they are not releasing the tech until they confirm their isn't any long term damage to the user.

How painful is it? Can I use anesthesia?

No, the five hours are for rebuilding your muscles/bones/nerve/organs for use with the Nano tech. So, any outside interference (drugs) could cause some issue with the conversion.

You have to go through ridiculous pain, but after five hours, you get all of those enhancements stated in the OP. I think it would be worth it.

only if I can alter the constant surveillance rule slightly -- maybe make it more like a body cam, where if I activate my powers over a certain level, the recording/monitoring automatically activates. that way i can at least take a shit/jerk off in peace

Good Point, but for safety reasons and any unknown interference, I think they would like to keep it 24/7.

100 million dollars?

Yes, upon your death, they will send your Wife or Children or next of Kin of your choice 100 million. IF you don't have one, nobody get any money.

Last edited:

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
Biden just got inaugurated so sure, I'll try this new government program. However I would just use my superpowers to write better novels, play videogames and dunk hard at the YMCA basketball court :D

vpricot

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I don't trust that a lawyer/contract are the only things stopping the govt from downloading things to my nanomachines. I wouldn't want the government to have any direct control over my body under any circumstances.

Trusting anyone with power to follow the law is a joke. Also the moment the next Trump regime rolls in its gonna go from and to fucked real quick.