• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Armoured_Bear

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
CNN Article

Surprised no-one is talking about this, what on earth is she thinking ?
I imagine all the Trump-supporting buffoons will have a field day.

Apologies if this should be in another thread..

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
turned on local conservative radio on my drive to the grocery this morning and this was all they were talking about because of course

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah #blowout was trending yesterday. I think it doesn't send the best message but in the scheme of things it seems like nothing.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if Cilizza is just an idiot or pretends to be one, but the new rules went into effect on Sept 1st... and this was Monday

still should have had a mask on even if it was a hair wash

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Funny if they say anything, considering their president had 'corona farms' (can I call them that?) with rallies.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
For what it's worth, none of the salons are indoors in my county. Personally had to deal with less than ideal haircuts for a bit now.
It's not going to kill anyone, but in state, Newsom has made a big deal of guidelines and she absolutely should know better.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's dumb of her, but honestly who cares about Nance's haircut? At least she's wearing a mask 90% of the time she's on camera doing state business.

The President is sabotaging our Covid-19 response at every opportunity, and suppressing guidance from scientists and the medical community. We have bigger worries than Cillizza's latest concern.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, you need to have haircuts in the outdoors in San Francisco?

This is an awful article btw.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe, I have no idea but her actions can't really be defended, can they?
Why give the other side a free shot?

Who is this going to dissuade from wearing a mask? Who, other than a cultist Trump supporter, is going to see that and go "see! This virus is a hoax and because Nancy Pelosi was caught one time not wearing a mask!"

Stop giving power to these idiots.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, I have no idea but her actions can't really be defended, can they?
Why give the other side a free shot?

Getting your hair done < Doing fuckall for months, calling it a hoax, pushing hydroxychloroquine, suggesting injecting disinfectants, not providing monetary relief, holding rallies with no social distancing measures and masks...

Should...should I keep going or...

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Next Cilizza will tell us she had bourgeoisie ice cream while flaunting her jewel encrusted freezer

More like Nancy PeLOUSY

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
It doesn't matter. This will not convicence any Democrats to not vote for Democtrats. And likewise it won't make Republicans think any different of the Democratic party. Just a whole bunch of nothing. She does come across as a hypocrite for not handling this better though.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi may be in the wrong, but this was also definitely a set up. The owner says he's angry at her for violating the rules, and he's the one that submitted the tape, but he's the one operating the shop indoors against the rules as well. His claim that his own staff took her indoors on their own against the rules doesn't seem very likely.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure if Cilizza is just an idiot or pretends to be one, but the new rules went into effect on Sept 1st... and this was Monday

still should have had a mask on even if it was a hair wash

Going for a hair wash during a pandemic is ... no words.

Why do we need to have a haircut so badly?

I know she's heavily scrutinized and a public figure, but there's got to be alternatives than going to get a haircut.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Been a while since the right wing talking points have got to clutch those pearls.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Pelosi may be in the wrong, but this was also definitely a set up. The owner says he's angry at her for violating the rules, and he's the one that submitted the tape, but he's the one operating the shop indoors against the rules as well.

I didn't understand this part either. It's like what did they do hold you at gunpoint? /s Makes no sense

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
We don't have enough fainting couches for everyone so some of you are going to have to share.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cillizza is basically a TMZ editor and should be ignored.

It's a super minor mistake that has zero bearing on anything of significance. Everyone's been caught at some point not wearing a mask accidentally. It happens and talking about it beyond "whoops, shouldn't have done that" is effectively amplifying a bullshit right wing talking point.

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
It's been all over Twitter the last couple days with the typical "Lock Her Up" and "She should resign" dumbshittery you'd expect. Funny how Trumpets can do anything they want and not wear a mask but if a Democrat does anything suddenly it's the biggest scandal of the year.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
I think other states have shown hair salons and barbers can safely operate in the time of COVID... so this should be a non-issue... except that apparently salons aren't allowed to be open in California for some reason?

I can't imagine going half a year without a haircut. I hope this bit of hypocrisy from Pelosi gets people the ability to get their hair cut in California. I didn't realize their hair salons and barbers have been closed since March.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It means nothing.

It's a stupid thing to do in a pandemic.

It means nothing.

But it's a stupid thing to do in a pandemic.

Etc.

dimelo

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
MIA
If this was Ivanka you guys would be having a field day. This was a very stupid thing to do.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
I think other states have shown hair salons and barbers can safely operate in the time of COVID... so this should be a non-issue... except that apparently salons aren't allowed to be open in California for some reason?

I can't imagine going half a year without a haircut. I hope this bit of hypocrisy from Pelosi gets people the ability to get their hair cut in California. I didn't realize their hair salons and barbers have been closed since March.

We had a number of counties spike hard before Aug and rolled back out opening plans in various counties. Mine being one of them. Two weeks prior to this in mid Aug, there was a state wide push for Trump leaning Salon owners to re-open in direct opposition to the request from the governor. Again, it's not the worst thing in the world, and I'm not sure what the county she's in is currently doing, but it still not a great look when CA leadership flouts what various counties still can't do.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
So shouldn't this get the salon in trouble? I'm not sure how they would be given a special rule for one person in at a time, that completely goes against the state guidelines put out by Newsom.

but yeah, I've heard people going off about this nonstop on twitter and Facebook over the last day.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
I mean, this is personally upsetting because my mom is a hairstylist in California and this has been an incredibly stressful year for her, but why did they let her take her mask off in the first place? Just refuse service.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

They are allowed to open under certain conditions. In most counties they're allowed to be open for indoor service at 25% capacity. SF however doesn't meet the requirements so it's one of the few places that is limiting it to outdoors right now. Most places just opened up for indoor service.